• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Martinez

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, again.......when you grow up with Husker football as your hero, it has to be devastating when the entire Husker fanbase turns against you.

I am no pussy, but Husker football means so much to me, I would cry if I was QB and Husker Nation started saying they want me to transfer and get the fuck out of here. In fact, I might die.

Taylor has stated before that he has been a diehard Husker fan since the age of 4...........I assume he doesn't enjoy it too well when the Husker fanbase decides to hate him.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue is that we are very spoiled fans...........we think we're the best always and forever..........and we feel like we are the boss and the players are our employees or somethin :rolleyes:

It's like we want the damn students to be fired from being a student when they play bad. Nobody ever is able to put themselves in the shoes of the athletes........we always see it from our own greedy perspective.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue is that we are very spoiled fans...........we think we're the best always and forever..........and we feel like we are the boss and the players are our employees or somethin :rolleyes:

It's like we want the damn students to be fired from being a student when they play bad. Nobody ever is able to put themselves in the shoes of the athletes........we always see it from our own greedy perspective.

I agree that we may be spoiled but that is part the unique fanbase that Nebraska enjoys. We are a part of it. We feel as we are vested in the team.

It is more than a stroll through the park on Saturday afternoon. In the latter case they could put in tennis courts that ruin the view of the walking paths but I am not going to spend days fretting over it. If it bothers me enough I will find another park.

But as a Nebraska fan it is part of who I am. I do not have the opportunity to make the choices that effect the team but the choices do effect me and I will voice that effect.

This can change. The fans can be told to sit down and shut up. They can be told this is not your team and we really don't need this, but with that you will see the end of the sellout record and the enormous traveling base. These exist because fans feel that they are part of something extraordinary.

I also do not want to fire TM as a student. He has a scholly and no one is talking about taking that. I proposed moving him to a different position and giving Carnes a shot. I don't know any other coach that will give a guy 20 games to get up to speed and still talk about giving him more time.

And he may have moved forward but dig up some posts for the Texas game last year, dig up posts from the bowl game. We were going over the same thing. He cannot pass accurately, he does not see defenders, he makes bad decisions. Not slamming him but these are pretty important requirements for a qb.

Perhaps moving him would stop the talk too. If he is excelling as a back or end then he is again a hero and will not be stressed out so bad because he is 'not able to take it to the next level'.

I was over the line originally and I backed up but I can't back up to start. He may or may not like it but I don't think he can do the job and if that makes me a spoiled fan than dump all of us and go with something like a Miami fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we may be spoiled but that is part the unique fanbase that Nebraska enjoys. We are a part of it. We feel as we are vested in the team.

It is more than a stroll through the park on Saturday afternoon. In the latter case they could put in tennis courts that ruin the view of the walking paths but I am not going to spend days fretting over it. If it bothers me enough I will find another park.

But as a Nebraska fan it is part of who I am. I do not have the opportunity to make the choices that effect the team but the choices do effect me and I will voice that effect.

This can change. The fans can be told to sit down and shut up. They can be told this is not your team and we really don't need this, but with that you will see the end of the sellout record and the enormous traveling base. These exist because fans feel that they are part of something extraordinary.

I also do not want to fire TM as a student. He has a scholly and no one is talking about taking that. I proposed moving him to a different position and giving Carnes a shot. I don't know any other coach that will give a guy 20 games to get up to speed and still talk about giving him more time.

And he may have moved forward but dig up some posts for the Texas game last year, dig up posts from the bowl game. We were going over the same thing. He cannot pass accurately, he does not see defenders, he makes bad decisions. Not slamming him but these are pretty important requirements for a qb.

Perhaps moving him would stop the talk too. If he is excelling as a back or end then he is again a hero and will not be stressed out so bad because he is 'not able to take it to the next level'.

I was over the line originally and I backed up but I can't back up to start. He may or may not like it but I don't think he can do the job and if that makes me a spoiled fan than dump all of us and go with something like a Miami fanbase.

Fair assessment HuskerInSecLand;

and JJM... No one is saying they hate the kid... but the biggest point HuskerInSecLand made above that stands out above all else to me is... Bolded....

Unless him getting pissed because of all the negativity hitting him this week.. changes his playing abilities (decisions, passing, reads), I suspect he has grown as much as he has the ability to do so.

It's not a knock on him.... but to be realistic... and compare an analogy....

"You can't make a thoroughbred out of plow horse".... Both have their value, both serve their purpose... but in a race... you need the one that will get you there ahead of the rest...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L They've said a thousand times the gap between Carnes and Martinez is as wide as the grand canyon. I wish people would stop talking about this. Unless you want to junk the whole season and throw carnes into the fire quit talking about this.

You say he's had 20 games and he should be getting it by now? Sure, maybe if he was running the same offense. He's really only been running this offense for 5 games now. Beck said for his offense to truly work well he needs a quarterback to be in his playbook for at least 3 years.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference between knowing the offense and knowing how to play qb. I think taylor knows the offense but his problem is fumbling, bad passing, and not be able to read defenses

HeluGDBye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes no other coach would give a guy 20 games to get with the program and think he needs more time but that is on Bo not Taylor. Bo makes the call who starts so its not like Taylor is gonna go tell Bo that he had enough time and wants to be a back up now. So blame Bo.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are acting like Martinez had been awful. The kid is what 13-5 as a starter?? Not great but not bad either. he ahs alot of talent and a different skill set. The problem you guys ahve is that your staff doesnt devise a game plan to utilize what he does well. They try and force him into some sort of mold that he doesnt fit into. If you want to get mad at the kid for throwing picks then maybe you should be mad at the staff for having him throw 10-15 balls down the field. How bout some roll outs with a run/ pass option and some outlet receivers??? Crazy I know. Instead the Huskers staff is determined to try play action and let a guy that obviously cant pass very well throw the ball 15-25 yards downfield on 50% of his passes.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Watson was a cody green guy and modified play calling due to qbs limitations. Watson was a scapegoat for Taylor playing horribly

Troll is trolling

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Watson was a cody green guy and modified play calling due to qbs limitations. Watson was a scapegoat for Taylor playing horribly

Troll is trolling

He didnt modify it very well if his plan was to let a guy that isnt a great passer chuck it 15+ yards downfiled on more than half of his passes. Even great QB's dont have such a high ratio of downfield passes. ESPN showed a stat that said 44% of Martinez's passes went 20+ yards downfield in his 2 years. Highest percentage in the country. Thats freaking crazy.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L They've said a thousand times the gap between Carnes and Martinez is as wide as the grand canyon. I wish people would stop talking about this. Unless you want to junk the whole season and throw carnes into the fire quit talking about this.

You say he's had 20 games and he should be getting it by now? Sure, maybe if he was running the same offense. He's really only been running this offense for 5 games now. Beck said for his offense to truly work well he needs a quarterback to be in his playbook for at least 3 years.

Brasky, your point would be valid if it was the plays or playbook that was being misinterpreted. That is not it at all... C’mon… With your analogy… any true freshman who comes into the game should be performing similarly or having the same results as TM.

I only have to go back one game to show you a rookie QB for Wyoming that is in a system that he had little wisdom of last year and has taken the opportunity to become a quality QB.

It is the fundamentals of growing and learning how to read and react and the basics of looking off your receiver, going to a 2nd, 3rd receiver and most of all, throwing the ball within the same zip code of the receiver you have elected to throw too. Between his lack of patience (Happy feet) and these issues above, he taught our opposing teams to set back in basic coverage just dare him to pass... which is what has caused his demise both last year and this year.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt modify it very well if his plan was to let a guy that isnt a great passer chuck it 15+ yards downfiled on more than half of his passes. Even great QB's dont have such a high ratio of downfield passes. ESPN showed a stat that said 44% of Martinez's passes went 20+ yards downfield in his 2 years. Highest percentage in the country. Thats freaking crazy.

Hes better throwing downfield, and cant read the D enought to not through streak routes.. his ball handling is also atrocious when running.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add this to my previous comment...

I am not putting this all on him.. The fucking game plan in the first 20-25 minutes of the Wisc game was working great... and then out of the blue... the decision was made to give him the option to throw the ball down field... <-- Bad choice and I have issue with this... (not his fault they gave him this option)... but lets not forget that to be a QB... for any major university... this (getting the ball close to the receiver) should be a realistic expectation....

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are acting like Martinez had been awful. The kid is what 13-5 as a starter?? Not great but not bad either. he ahs alot of talent and a different skill set. The problem you guys ahve is that your staff doesnt devise a game plan to utilize what he does well. They try and force him into some sort of mold that he doesnt fit into. If you want to get mad at the kid for throwing picks then maybe you should be mad at the staff for having him throw 10-15 balls down the field. How bout some roll outs with a run/ pass option and some outlet receivers??? Crazy I know. Instead the Huskers staff is determined to try play action and let a guy that obviously cant pass very well throw the ball 15-25 yards downfield on 50% of his passes.

Point is understood (bolded above), yet in Nebraska... the expectations of losing 5 games in 2 years is not acceptable and we are not through year #2 yet... Call Nebraskan's unrealistic if you choose too... but since the 90s and winning 3 NC titles... that could have been 5 with a bounce of the ball a couple of times.... The standards are set pretty high....

The season is not lost.... and should he or others step up to offset his short comings... we could still be in good shape by year’s end...

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hadn't heard this but if this is true than we have settled for mediocrity or are expecting to be able to recruit quarterbacks who know they will sit on the bench for 3 years while they learn our offense.

We get 4 maybe 5 years with a quarterback. If it is going to take 3 years to make him proficient in our offense we have a major problem with this simplified offense.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes no other coach would give a guy 20 games to get with the program and think he needs more time but that is on Bo not Taylor. Bo makes the call who starts so its not like Taylor is gonna go tell Bo that he had enough time and wants to be a back up now. So blame Bo.

I'm not putting this hit on TM. I know well who needs to come to the realization that this is not working. And I do blame Bo though I think I realize why he is so long suffering.

He did the same thing with Lee. He did with Watson.

It is a character trait of his that can be very desirable. He is protective of those who are under him. This is a great trait and I respect the way he handled Watson very much. But being long suffering does mean suffering for a long time.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M, OU, Washington, and texas should have all been wins. with a QB who is able to read defenses and make smart decisions...at the very least, manage the game....none of those should have been loses.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually thats mostly because he wouldn't dump it off to the RB or TE if the downfield receiver was covered...taylor thinks "hey if BK is my primary receiver dadburnnit im throwin to BK"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Taylor reportedly staring down members of the media Tuesday before practice and after practice..........

Now that is funny shit.