• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tavarres King to the Packers?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be a custody battle brewing between the Broncos and the Packers for Rookie WR Tavarres King, who's currently on Denver's practice squad. Packers are trying to sign him to their 53-man roster to help replace the loss of Cobb and Jones. Sounds like King wants to stay though.

Broncos OT Orlando Franklin recovering, but may not play at Colts - The Denver Post

Heard about this yesterday, apparently King wants to stay with the Broncos and the Broncos are working something out with him and his agent to move King to the 53 man. I would expect to hear something this afternoon with a cut and King to the 53 man.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are going to cut someone to keep King, it's got to be Bubba Caldwell, right?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question, don't the Broncos have to make a cut to move Von Miller to the active roster?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him. Im confident in Jody Nelson and Jermichael Finley's ability to pick up the slack in the absence of Cobb and Jones.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question, don't the Broncos have to make a cut to move Von Miller to the active roster?

Yup, with Walton coming off of the PUP that's another spot we need as well. So I don't have much confidence in us keeping King

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but not until Saturday or Monday, not sure the exact day as of right now, but it is one of the 2.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, with Walton coming off of the PUP that's another spot we need as well. So I don't have much confidence in us keeping King

He is due, but they do not have to activate him till he is ready, which may be another week or two.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is due, but they do not have to activate him till he is ready, which may be another week or two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Broncos can wait up until week 9 on that, correct? At that point they must either active him, cut him, or put him on ir.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him. Im confident in Jody Nelson and Jermichael Finley's ability to pick up the slack in the absence of Cobb and Jones.

Rookie wide receiver out of Georgia. Broncos took him in the 5th round and he was a bit of a surprise cut, however they did sign him to the practice squad. I think he's got potential and frankly would hate to see him get away, especially if Decker isn't back next season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to clear two spots. One immediately if they add King to the Roster, and another on Saturday at 2pm for Von Miller.

As I already mentioned, King wants to stay, but is also weighing his options. Even he admits a spot on a 53-man roster is very enticing, and is why Denver is also looking to add him to our 53-man. It's not like waiver claims. King can take the deal he wants.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to clear two spots. One immediately if they add King to the Roster, and another on Saturday at 2pm for Von Miller.

As I already mentioned, King wants to stay, but is also weighing his options. Even he admits a spot on a 53-man roster is very enticing, and is why Denver is also looking to add him to our 53-man. It's not like waiver claims. King can take the deal he wants.

Are you sure about that? I thought that if Team A wants to take John Smith from Team B's practice squad, Team B must either let John Smith go to Team A's active roster, or sign him to their own active roster. I don't think the player really has a lot of say in the matter.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jeff Legwold the Broncos plan to keep him

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that? I thought that if Team A wants to take John Smith from Team B's practice squad, Team B must either let John Smith go to Team A's active roster, or sign him to their own active roster. I don't think the player really has a lot of say in the matter.

Practice Squad players are considered unrestricted free agents. The only main requirement is that if one team takes a player off another team's practice squad, that acquiring team must add him to their 53-man roster and either keep him there, or release him. The acquiring team can't add a practice squad player from another team onto their own practice squad. However, there's nothing compelling a practice squad player to sign elsewhere, nor does (Denver in this case) have to put him on it's 53-man roster to keep him. Denver would have the option of simply increasing King's practice squad salary too. It's King's decision though.

The only other restriction is that the player must sign with at least 6 days notice if it's the opponent of his current team. In other words, King couldn't sign with the Colts (he would have needed to do so by 4pm Monday).

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Broncos can wait up until week 9 on that, correct? At that point they must either active him, cut him, or put him on ir.

After the sixth regular season weekend through the 11th regular season weekend is the time frame in which players on the PUP list can practice and rejoin their team. Once a player on the PUP starts practicing, they have a maximum of 21 days to take that player off the PUP list and onto either the active or inactive list.

This is copy and pasted from:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...what-does-it-mean-for-each-player-team/page/2

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: