• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell to WVU?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is supposedly a much better passer, overall. Tate relies on his legs more imo.

Tate is 5'11" 205 a 4 star .9739 rating runs a 4.71
Fields is 6'3" 225 a 5 star .9997 rating runs a 4.50

Add in passing ability and Fields arm strength and this is a no-brainer. Fields is supposed to be just as great as Lawrence...we will see.
If this is true...then Smart ain't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey...that's what I have been hearing. He is like a mini-Cam Newton. Who knows how it turns out. I mean Fromm was one quarter away from beating Bama and win a CFP Championship Game. It would be very difficult for any QB to start over him, even talented as Fields is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just your opinion LOL. There have been plenty of QB's that transfer in and either don't play or don't win the starting job. You aren't understanding that when you get an opportunity of grabbing a player of this caliber, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IS ON THE ROSTER....you get that player.

You bring that player in knowing the one you have will leave. So you obviously have told the one coming he will start. That's all I'm saying.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring that player in knowing the one you have will leave. So you obviously have told the one coming he will start. That's all I'm saying.
That's not what he was told though. Before he even visited OSU, he said he wanted to come here because he wanted to play for Day. In his 2 years here, he rejuvenated JT Barrett's college career and then had Haskins in NYC. The guy definitely knows how to coach QBs, and it's also not as if he'll be short for weapons here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually no, he wasn't promised anything. He was actually told he would have to compete to get the starting job. Martell also made his decision after Fields already was enrolled

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...that's what I have been hearing. He is like a mini-Cam Newton. Who knows how it turns out. I mean Fromm was one quarter away from beating Bama and win a CFP Championship Game. It would be very difficult for any QB to start over him, even talented as Fields is.
Dabo made the change to Lawrence mid year. And if you believe reports, it is because he felt Lawrence was the key to winning in the playoffs.

If Fields is as good as Lawrence like you say, then logic says Smart should have made the change as well.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no, he wasn't promised anything. He was actually told he would have to compete to get the starting job. Martell also made his decision after Fields already was enrolled
There's no way in hell a kid that is that highly coveted at the QB spot who is transferring because he isn't going to start would use his transfer to a school where he doesn't know for sure he's going to start. Just no way in hell his parents and who ever is guiding him didn't get assurances he's gonna play before they transferred. Martell read the writing on the wall and bailed. Make's him look bad right now but it's better for him because he will go where he gets the same assurance Fields got...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo made the change to Lawrence mid year. And if you believe reports, it is because he felt Lawrence was the key to winning in the playoffs.

If Fields is as good as Lawrence like you say, then logic says Smart should have made the change as well.

In time, it doesn't mean he is as good as him right now. Lawrence has almost a full season under his belt now and he progressed quickly. I'm not saying Fields is as good as him NOW, but the potential is there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in hell a kid that is that highly coveted at the QB spot who is transferring because he isn't going to start would use his transfer to a school where he doesn't know for sure he's going to start. Just no way in hell his parents and who ever is guiding him didn't get assurances he's gonna play before they transferred. Martell read the writing on the wall and bailed. Make's him look bad right now but it's better for him because he will go where he gets the same assurance Fields got...

It worked out perfect for Fields. Gets to go to one of the best football programs in the nation and the other guy fighting for the position bails. At programs like Ohio St you have to fight for your position, it isn't handed to you

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked out perfect for Fields. Gets to go to one of the best football programs in the nation and the other guy fighting for the position bails. At programs like Ohio St you have to fight for your position, it isn't handed to you

Yeah for Fields it's perfect. Gets to QB a top team. As much as I think Martells a little diva I kinda feel bad for him. He did wait his turn and now he's gotta find a new home .

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fromm has a high level football intelligence and maturity. He is like having a coach at the QB position like a Peyton Manning in college.

Tough to match up with that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for Fields it's perfect. Gets to QB a top team. As much as I think Martells a little diva I kinda feel bad for him. He did wait his turn and now he's gotta find a new home .
Are you watching season 2 of QB1? Fields is on it and he is coming across so much better than Martell did. I actually like Fields and seems to be showing good leadership so far.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fromm has a high level football intelligence and maturity. He is like having a coach at the QB position like a Peyton Manning in college.

Tough to match up with that.
Wasn't arguing that. But if you go back and look, Shane was saying Fields was just as good as Lawrence. I doubt he was and Smart made the right call. He clarified later he didn't mean "right now". If Fields turns out to be as good or better, then..........

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't arguing that. But if you go back and look, Shane was saying Fields was just as good as Lawrence. I doubt he was and Smart made the right call. He clarified later he didn't mean "right now". If Fields turns out to be as good or better, then..........

Then...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like a fucking game of musical chairs.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is supposedly a much better passer, overall. Tate relies on his legs more imo.

Tate is 5'11" 205 a 4 star .9739 rating runs a 4.71
Fields is 6'3" 225 a 5 star .9997 rating runs a 4.50

Add in passing ability and Fields arm strength and this is a no-brainer. Fields is supposed to be just as great as Lawrence...we will see.

Don’t tell @Across The Field Martell runs a 4.7. He will tell you he also runs a 4.5.

Basically what OSU did was upgrade to a bigger version of Tate Martell. Fields has a much higher ceiling, but the last thing I’d do is mention him in the same breath as Lawrence.

Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the NFL draft........right now, if they allowed him to go pro.

If OSU uses Fields in RPO’s — he will be a pain to deal with. If they want him to stay in the pocket and just use his legs to extend plays — they’d be wasting his biggest strength.

If OSU ran the offense they ran with Barrett — They’d be next to impossible to stop with Fields running it. If they run the offense they ran with Haskins at QB, it’d be wasting Fields talent.