• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell to WVU?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins didn't have the mobility to run the offense that JT did. A better version would be a combination of what Haskins did and JT did. Which is what I think we will see.

But even if Fields had the same level of success throwing as Haskins it's not like that would be a failed offense.

The shortcomings largely fell on the defense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t tell @Across The Field Martell runs a 4.7. He will tell you he also runs a 4.5.

Basically what OSU did was upgrade to a bigger version of Tate Martell. Fields has a much higher ceiling, but the last thing I’d do is mention him in the same breath as Lawrence.

Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the NFL draft........right now, if they allowed him to go pro.

If OSU uses Fields in RPO’s — he will be a pain to deal with. If they want him to stay in the pocket and just use his legs to extend plays — they’d be wasting his biggest strength.

If OSU ran the offense they ran with Barrett — They’d be next to impossible to stop with Fields running it. If they run the offense they ran with Haskins at QB, it’d be wasting Fields talent.
Do you actually know anything at all about Fields? Are you just assuming he's purely a running threat because he's an athletic black QB, but isn't an elite passer? Did you know he actually was the MVP of the 2017 Elite 11, the same competition Lawrence took part in, leading the coach there to call him a possible #1 pick? Just another episode of "I know nothing about sports" brought to you by trustme.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually know anything at all about Fields? Are you just assuming he's purely a running threat because he's an athletic black QB, but isn't an elite passer? Did you know he actually was the MVP of the 2017 Elite 11, the same competition Lawrence took part in, leading the coach there to call him a possible #1 pick? Just another episode of "I know nothing about sports" brought to you by trustme.

So aren’t you going to correct your fellow OSU fan and tell him Tate Martell runs a 4.5?!??

And I know all about Justin Fields. Im going to guess Georgia does too. If he were ANYWHERE NEAR Trevor Lawrence right now — he’d be Georgia’s starter. It isn’t as if he was sitting behind an upper class All-SEC QB. Or do you seriously think he is transferring because of the nonsense excuse he is using? He couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm, but he is on Trevor Lawrence’s level.:L

And Georgia trusted his arm so much, that the packages he was brought into the game for — He ran 75% of the time.

And while winning MVP at the elite 11 us great. Playing in shorts and t-shirts is slightly different. Shane Morris was an elite 11 QB. Shea Patterson was the MVP of the elite 11 camp too. T-shirt and shorts is slightly different than actual game situations. Ask Shane Morris.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49896466_1480127308785274_2856684818467389440_n.jpg

Sorry about the news buddy...

Martell to Miami

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So aren’t you going to correct your fellow OSU fan and tell him Tate Martell runs a 4.5?!??

And I know all about Justin Fields. Im going to guess Georgia does too. If he were ANYWHERE NEAR Trevor Lawrence right now — he’d be Georgia’s starter. It isn’t as if he was sitting behind an upper class All-SEC QB. Or do you seriously think he is transferring because of the nonsense excuse he is using? He couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm, but he is on Trevor Lawrence’s level.:L

And Georgia trusted his arm so much, that the packages he was brought into the game for — He ran 75% of the time.

And while winning MVP at the elite 11 us great. Playing in shorts and t-shirts is slightly different. Shane Morris was an elite 11 QB. Shea Patterson was the MVP of the elite 11 camp too. T-shirt and shorts is slightly different than actual game situations. Ask Shane Morris.

Trevor Lawrence would not be starting if Fromm was in front of him, I guarantee that, remember Fromm is the guy who took UGA to the CFP Championship, which they should have won. Last year he throw 30 TD's 6 INT's and completed 67% of his passes. He is not Kelly Bryant, he is miles ahead of him. Assuming a true freshman should be starting just bc he has a lot of potential is a shitty way of looking at this. Lawrence got the opportunity to start bc the starting QB was garbage, Fields never got that opportunity; hence why he transferred to Ohio St.

Reactions: gob

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do know that Fromm is lightyears ahead of Kelly Bryant, and it took almost until midseason for Lawrence to unseat him. In fact, if not for Bryant, Clemson loses to A&M and likely isn't in the CFP.

You know nothing about Fields, and you're showing it by thinking his greatest strength is his running ability. He ran 75% of the time? Are you really this retarded? That's a complete and total lie, but that's what you do.

Shane Morris was a joke, true, but he also played for a joke of a program. Fields, not so much. He's more gifted than Morris in every way imaginable. Not saying he is Trevor Lawrence right now in terms of development, but there's absolutely nothing at all that would suggest he's not just as talented.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know that Fromm is lightyears ahead of Kelly Bryant, and it took almost until midseason for Lawrence to unseat him. In fact, if not for Bryant, Clemson loses to A&M and likely isn't in the CFP.

You know nothing about Fields, and you're showing it by thinking his greatest strength is his running ability. He ran 75% of the time? Are you really this retarded? That's a complete and total lie, but that's what you do.

Shane Morris was a joke, true, but he also played for a joke of a program. Fields, not so much. He's more gifted than Morris in every way imaginable. Not saying he is Trevor Lawrence right now in terms of development, but there's absolutely nothing at all that would suggest he's not just as talented.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...orst-thing-for-the-georgia-bulldogs-cause/amp

He, as in the team, ran the ball that much when he was in the game. Being as gifted as Trevor Lawrence — you’d think they’d be unleashing him when he steps on the field. But if you read the article — that isn’t the case.

And speaking of a complete and total lie — tell us more about OSU being the 3rd best team in the last 4 years, while being invited to compete with the top 4 teams ONCE and losing 31-0?!?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...orst-thing-for-the-georgia-bulldogs-cause/amp

He, as in the team, ran the ball that much when he was in the game. Being as gifted as Trevor Lawrence — you’d think they’d be unleashing him when he steps on the field. But if you read the article — that isn’t the case.

And speaking of a complete and total lie — tell us more about OSU being the 3rd best team in the last 4 years, while being invited to compete with the top 4 teams ONCE and losing 31-0?!?
How often did Clemson run when Lawrence first went in? (Didn't watch a ton of Clemson, so genuinely curious, since I figured they would rely on a stud RB with an inexperienced QB).

For the OSU thing - only other team with a CFB Playoffs championship, record, major bowl wins.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often did Clemson run when Lawrence first went in? (Didn't watch a ton of Clemson, so genuinely curious, since I figured they would rely on a stud RB with an inexperienced QB).

For the OSU thing - only other team with a CFB Playoffs championship, record, major bowl wins.

He came in to throw. While only playing limited snaps the 1st 4 games — he threw for 600 yards and 9 tds.

It is why he took over the starting job.

And we’ve been discussing the past 4 years for OSU. Where they have one appearance in the CFP in 4 years and lost 31-0. One OSU fan wants to argue they are the #3 team behind Clemson and Bama, even though they were considered top 4 once in that time frame and got beat by 31. That’s why it was brought up. It is fun to see @Across The Field’s homerism shine though

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not what you said, but way to move the goalposts.

Why would it be over 70% though? Because he came in during blowouts when they were running the clock out, dumbshit. Have you ever watched football?

3rd best record, 3rd in avg end of year ranking. Facts, basically.

Conversation over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're never going to get actual facts from him, he's merely a troll. For the entire season, Georgia was a running team no matter who was in. They had the 22nd most carries in the nation and 95th most passes. They were a run first team. Fields came in during blowouts mostly so there would be even more running plays.

Reactions: gob

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if OU could just shore up the defense.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean White was the MVP of the Elite 11 the year Deshaun Watson competed. Does that mean you would have rather had White than Watson?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean White was the MVP of the Elite 11 the year Deshaun Watson competed. Does that mean you would have rather had White than Watson?
I was illustrating the point that he's not a run-first QB, like trustme was painting him as.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually see Fields play this year? He most certainly was a "one read and tuck it" player this year.
He had almost the exact same amount of passes as runs, so that's not true. And he was mostly playing in garbage time, so I'd expect him to be running a lot more, but he didn't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what you said, but way to move the goalposts.

Why would it be over 70% though? Because he came in during blowouts when they were running the clock out, dumbshit. Have you ever watched football?

3rd best record, 3rd in avg end of year ranking. Facts, basically.

Conversation over.

The conversation was over once Oklahoma scored in the CFP (OSU did not) :suds: Now if OU had 30 point losses to teams like Iowa and Purdue — I could see why you’d rank them below you.

And I didn’t move the goal posts — he is the QB. With his Trevor Lawrence like passing abilities — Georgia only used him to run the clock out in blowouts. If the QB race was even REMOTELY close between him and Fromm, he’d have been inserted into the LSU game where Fromm struggled immensely. Fields came in for one play and.........ran the ball.