• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell to WVU?

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t know he liked to burn couches.......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was the #2 dual threat QB in 2017 the other the #1 dual threat QB in 2018 . Fields is taller but aren't they the same style QB? Lawrence is a different style but Fields?
DT isn't as specific today as it used to be. Martell is going to be the guy who will need to use his legs more to show off his arm, which is still really good but not what Day is looking for. Fields 4 inches taller, but he's also about 20 lbs heavier, so standing in the pocket will be more a strength of his. However, he also has the ability to create with his feet when he wants/needs to.

Martell will be a good QB wherever he goes, but Fields has the look of a truly rare, elite prospect.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Morgantown as I personally love the area but given the choice between there and Miami I’m choosing Miami
I spent many years there (Morgantown), and can not disagree. Plus, Tate seems to have the Miami attitude. Kendall is in Morgantown today, I think he's the one that will stick.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Bishop Gorman little snots do. That should honestly be the Bishop Gorman mascot. Little Snots.
I found this interesting.

"Martell attended Poway High School, the local high school where he grew up, but was only able to lead them to a 4-7 season. He then transferred to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.[2] He attended Bishop Gorman for his sophomore, junior and senior seasons, but graduated from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas because Bishop Gorman would not allow Martell to graduate early in order to start the Spring semester at Ohio State University."

I guess I'm old fashioned and have the Texas high school system too ingrained in me. I hate kids going off to high school football factories. Stay in your hometown, play with the classmates you've grown up with and be the Friday Night Lights hero!

If Leighton Vander Esch can be one of a graduating class of 11 from Riggins, Idaho, and make it to pro football, why do kids (probably their parents more than the kid) think they need to go off to a football factory? The colleges and pros will find you if you are good enough.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting.

"Martell attended Poway High School, the local high school where he grew up, but was only able to lead them to a 4-7 season. He then transferred to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.[2] He attended Bishop Gorman for his sophomore, junior and senior seasons, but graduated from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas because Bishop Gorman would not allow Martell to graduate early in order to start the Spring semester at Ohio State University."

I guess I'm old fashioned and have the Texas high school system too ingrained in me. I hate kids going off to high school football factories. Stay in your hometown, play with the classmates you've grown up with and be the Friday Night Lights hero!

If Leighton Vander Esch can be one of a graduating class of 11 from Riggins, Idaho, and make it to pro football, why do kids (probably their parents more than the kid) think they need to go off to a football factory? The colleges and pros will find you if you are good enough.
This is why no one should schedule IMG's and Gorman types. I totally agree...
I like good ole fashioned rivalries and such.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why no one should schedule IMG's and Gorman types. I totally agree...
I like good ole fashioned rivalries and such.
Hell, some of the kids from those two probably play with better talent around them in high school than when they get to college!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent many years there (Morgantown), and can not disagree. Plus, Tate seems to have the Miami attitude. Kendall is in Morgantown today, I think he's the one that will stick.

kendall-jpg.130145

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. If he was as good as he thinks he is then the Ohio State coaches wouldn't have felt they needed Fields.

Uhh not exactly. It doesn't matter how good you are or how much talent you have on a roster you are ALWAYS trying to get better or upgrade at a position. Fields is a top 10 recruit of all-time, it has nothing to do with Tate's ability...they just got lucky that Fields knew Haskins and Fields wanted to come to Ohio State--mutual interest

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hurts ends up in Miami with Enos
That was my thought as well. Enos would seal the deal, but... the easiest route to the CFB for Hurts is OU. I'm having fun watching the drama, for sure.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh not exactly. It doesn't matter how good you are or how much talent you have one a roster you are ALWAYS trying to get better or upgrade at a position. Fields is a top 10 recruit of all-time, it has nothing to do with Tate's ability...they just got lucky that Fields knew Haskins and Fields wanted to come to Ohio State--mutual interest

If you bring in a transfer like Fields you are expecting the transfer to come in and start and he went there with the knowledge that unless he seriously fucks up he's the starter so the OSU coaches weren't as high on Tate as you might think. You might stock up on DBs or RBs or D linemen but you don't bring in Fields and think it's going to be OK with the QB whos been waiting his turn.

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought as well. Enos would seal the deal, but... the easiest route to the CFB for Hurts is OU. I'm having fun watching the drama, for sure.
I’m not sure Jalen starts at OU. Can he pick up Riley’s system that quick? Baker and Murray were both there a year or 2 before they started.....I’m guessing that play book is 100% different than Bama’s.
He know’s Ennos’ book

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was the #2 dual threat QB in 2017 the other the #1 dual threat QB in 2018 . Fields is taller but aren't they the same style QB? Lawrence is a different style but Fields?

Fields is supposedly a much better passer, overall. Tate relies on his legs more imo.

Tate is 5'11" 205 a 4 star .9739 rating runs a 4.71
Fields is 6'3" 225 a 5 star .9997 rating runs a 4.50

Add in passing ability and Fields arm strength and this is a no-brainer. Fields is supposed to be just as great as Lawrence...we will see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you bring in a transfer like Fields you are expecting the transfer to come in and start and he went there with the knowledge that unless he seriously fucks up he's the starter so the OSU coaches weren't as high on Tate as you might think. You might stock up on DBs or RBs or D linemen but you don't bring in Fields and think it's going to be OK with the QB whos been waiting his turn.

This is just your opinion LOL. There have been plenty of QB's that transfer in and either don't play or don't win the starting job. You aren't understanding that when you get an opportunity of grabbing a player of this caliber, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IS ON THE ROSTER....you get that player.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure Jalen starts at OU. Can he pick up Riley’s system that quick? Baker and Murray were both there a year or 2 before they started.....I’m guessing that play book is 100% different than Bama’s.
He know’s Ennos’ book
True, but will Da U get to the playoffs? That's a huge factor. OU owns the B-12 for now, and will continue to get the 4 spot unless they trip over their own feet. Damn, it sucks saying this out loud!

Reactions: WPS