• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tank is on?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 NBA Lottery Mock Draft - ESPN

On about my tenth try the Warriors kept the pick and it was #1 overall.

It took me until the 6th try to get the Warriors to keep the pick, it was the 2nd pick and MKG. The 7th try we kept it again and went with Robinson, MKG was already gone. I wouldn't be to excited for Robinson pick, unless we could trade him or Lee for a 3. I'd for sure love if we went with Drummond also, trading Lee. Imagine having Bogut and Drummond in the frontcourt.

Please don't wake me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets beating us was huge. The Pistons should win today. The Nets play the Kings and hopefully the Cavs can beat the Knicks. We might have a shot to move into the top 7 pre-lottery after all. Keep tanking.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Toronto can beat the Wiz tomorrow.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nets beating us was huge. The Pistons should win today. The Nets play the Kings and hopefully the Cavs can beat the Knicks. We might have a shot to move into the top 7 pre-lottery after all. Keep tanking.

With Sac-town playing New Jersey at least one of them is guaranteed to come away with the 19th win of the season. Whichever team wins is the one we want to win a whole lot more often.

Looking at the two team's schedules, I think that Sacramento could win as many as five more games for the rest of the year. New Jersey has only four that I can see. So I am thinking that if the Nets win tonight, both teams could end up with 23 wins.

For the Warriors - New Orleans and the two Minnesota games are the only really winnable games on the docket for the rest of the year. If the TWolves can win one of the two, Golden State could end up with 22 wins. Of course, knowing the Warriors, they'll knock off Houston and beat Denver in one of the two games against the Nugs. They'll likely add a shock win over Dallas and end up with 26 or 27 wins on the season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sac-town playing New Jersey at least one of them is guaranteed to come away with the 19th win of the season. Whichever team wins is the one we want to win a whole lot more often.

Looking at the two team's schedules, I think that Sacramento could win as many as five more games for the rest of the year. New Jersey has only four that I can see. So I am thinking that if the Nets win tonight, both teams could end up with 23 wins.

For the Warriors - New Orleans and the two Minnesota games are the only really winnable games on the docket for the rest of the year. If the TWolves can win one of the two, Golden State could end up with 22 wins. Of course, knowing the Warriors, they'll knock off Houston and beat Denver in one of the two games against the Nugs. They'll likely add a shock win over Dallas and end up with 26 or 27 wins on the season.

Sac has at LEAST five more wins in them. NJ as well. TOR has about six wins, Detroit 5 or 6, and CLE probably 6. All could end up with more wins than the Ws, barring your unlikely late season surge scenario.

I'm hopeful for the tank:

ITS_abbb6a_70163.gif

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sac has at LEAST five more wins in them. NJ as well. TOR has about six wins, Detroit 5 or 6, and CLE probably 6. All could end up with more wins than the Ws, barring your unlikely late season surge scenario.

I'm hopeful for the tank:

ITS_abbb6a_70163.gif

Looking at Sac's remaining schedule (not including tonight) the only wins I see are against Minnesota, Phoenix, New Orleans and Charlotte. Even the Phoenix win is iffy.

New Jersey could possibly win against Washington, Cleveland, Milwaukee and Toronto. And I would not put the Milwaukee game in the win column just yet.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took me until the 6th try to get the Warriors to keep the pick, it was the 2nd pick and MKG. The 7th try we kept it again and went with Robinson, MKG was already gone. I wouldn't be to excited for Robinson pick, unless we could trade him or Lee for a 3. I'd for sure love if we went with Drummond also, trading Lee. Imagine having Bogut and Drummond in the frontcourt.

Please don't wake me!

I can't even think about the draft until I know how the ping pong ball gods treat us. The good news is it looks like we at least have a shot at a top 7 pick, something I wouldn't have said before the Monta trade.

Of course, I'm feeling like cam: somehow the team is going to screw this up. Time will tell.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good day for the tank. NJ beat SAC, DET beat CHA. Cleveland is sure giving us a tank run right now. Going into Sunday's games:

20 wins - Ws (@LAL)
19 wins - NJ, DET
18 wins - SAC, TOR (WAS)
17 wins - CLE

I'm expecting good news from both games today.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto took care of biz. Three 19 win teams now.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Toronto took care of biz. Three 19 win teams now.

Toronto's win only pushes them up to 18 wins. Sorry.

What bothers me about counting by wins is that the Warriors have played fewer games than every team with 18 or 19 wins - as many as four fewer in some cases. I know that it will not be easy for the Warriors to win just because they have more games, but watching them play against the Lakers last night, the Warriors showed spirit and never stopped battling. It's no problem against one of the top teams in the Western Conference, but teams like Memphis, Minnesota, Utah and Denver are not as good as the Lakers.

If the Warriors play as hard against their remaining opponents as they did last night, I can almost guarantee you that they will win some games that most of you are penciling in as losses. This team looks exactly like the teams in the past that have gone on a patented late-season run and won a whole string of meaningless games.

I fully expect that Larry Riley is going to have to make a deal with the Utah Jazz to ensure that the Warriors get that lotto pick back.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, that is right.

Nate Robinson is back now so that only helps. I wish we could stay on the trend of 2 wins out of 10 for the rest of the season but I know it ain't gonna happen. I see us beating Minnesota as well.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto's win only pushes them up to 18 wins. Sorry.

What bothers me about counting by wins is that the Warriors have played fewer games than every team with 18 or 19 wins - as many as four fewer in some cases. I know that it will not be easy for the Warriors to win just because they have more games, but watching them play against the Lakers last night, the Warriors showed spirit and never stopped battling. It's no problem against one of the top teams in the Western Conference, but teams like Memphis, Minnesota, Utah and Denver are not as good as the Lakers.

If the Warriors play as hard against their remaining opponents as they did last night, I can almost guarantee you that they will win some games that most of you are penciling in as losses. This team looks exactly like the teams in the past that have gone on a patented late-season run and won a whole string of meaningless games.

I fully expect that Larry Riley is going to have to make a deal with the Utah Jazz to ensure that the Warriors get that lotto pick back.

They won't. The got up for the Lakers. How "hard" did they play vs. the Hornets?

Exactly.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good day for the tank:

4. Cle 17 wins
5. Tor, Sac 18
7. NJ, Det 19
9. GS 20

We could be in fifth by next Sunday.

A Kings win over the Timberpuppies would be key tonight.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of more things to keep an eye on:

Will Howard play against Detroit tomorrow night?

What's the deal with Kyrie Irving's shoulder?

Stuckey is out Tues. against the Magic. Will Ben Gordon return?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A light, but good, night for the Tank as SAC beat MIN.

4. CLE 17 wins
5. TOR 18 wins
6. SAC, NJ, DET 19 wins
9. GS 20 wins

One game out of sixth! TOR, SAC, DET with winnable games tomorrow night (assuming Howard is still out). CLE isn't likely to beat SA, nor is NJ likely to win @LAL...Ws should get whupped in Tennessee.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson and Howard are both game-time decisions tonight. Anderson also tweaked his ankle last game. Come on Pistons! Let's go Raps and Kings! Whoop our ass Grizz!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is very funny. Sad, but funny. Go Dubs? Kind of? It's still rooting, if you're rooting for a better future roster.