• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tank is on?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons won but Kings lost in OT. Fucking Kings.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about record at all. It is only about the bounce of the ping pong balls.

Well, it's not about the record unless the Warriors end up with the fourth-worst record in the league. Then no matter what happens, they still end up with one of the Top 7 overall picks.

But they are not bad enough to finish in the Bottom 4, so they have to hope for a fortuitous bounce or two during the lottery.

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. I will grant that they are not bad enough to finish in the bottom three, but the 4-9 worst records are only separated by 4 wins. What we need is for the W's to lose a winnable game and they're right in it. For instance, this Friday vs. NJ.

This week, NJ has three winnable games, TOR has two, DET has two, and CLE has four. Unfortunately, SAC only really has one winnable game. The W's need to lose both games to the Lakers and one of the NO/NJ games. We could drop right in the mix.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons won but Kings lost in OT. Fucking Kings.

One thing I am noticing is that the Nets are REALLY bad. I'm not sure we can catch them even with a solid tank. Toronto, Detroit, Sacramento, and Cleveland are still in play, though. The fucking Kings really could have done us a solid last week at Oracle....

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the record, WE JUST NEED A LUCKY BOUNCE. We're due for one, especially since we now have "The Logo" on our side (wink).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the record, WE JUST NEED A LUCKY BOUNCE. We're due for one, especially since we now have "The Logo" on our side (wink).

Rep for Logo reference.

We are overdue for a good bounce.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it. I was rooting for the Warriors to win last night. That's why I haven't been watching many games. I can't help myself. Plus, I don't see how anyone that isn't born, raised or both in LA, could ever root for the Lakers. Either way, still on track... kind of. Fucking Cavs!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about last night. I don't care if it meant getting Anthony Davis, I don't ever wanna lose to LA.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always want to beat Kobe, hate him to death!

plus the Fakers have beaten Dubs 14 out of 15 games...pathetic!

NJ and Toronto won tonight...thats good news.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good night for the Tank:

NJ beat IND
TOR beat DEN
DET beat CLE
W's lost to NO.

We should be two games out of 4th place by Sunday.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A very good night for the Tank:

NJ beat IND
TOR beat DEN
DET beat CLE
W's lost to NO.

We should be two games out of 4th place by Sunday.

The Warriors currently have the ninth-worst win percentage and the ninth worst number of wins (20). They have two more wins than Detroit and three more wins than Sacramento, Cleveland, Toronto and New Jersey.

Even if New Jersey beats Golden State tomorrow and then follows that up with a win at Sacramento on Saturday, the Warriors will still have one game in the win column. Likewise, the Pistons, who are only two games back, play Chicago (loss) and Charlotte (win) this weekend, which would tie them with New Jersey (ASSuming the Nets win both games). Both teams would have 19 wins.

Looking at the schedules of the other teams in the hunt, the Warriors, who have dropped 3 in a row, will have to lose at least four more in a row to be anywhere in the conversation of being in the bottom 4 or 5. Even then, it will likely be in a flat-footed tie with at least one and possibly two other teams.

The bottom line is that piling up losses helps the cause, but Golden State will have to get a favorable bounce of the lotto balls or make a trade with Utah to ensure that it keeps the pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for the loss to NO. I certainly didn't expect that. Keep on winning Detroit!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate rooting for The Warriors to lose, but I'd be a happy man if the team loses tonight.

Any chance Thompson can catch the sniffles in the shoot around?

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors get it done, looks like they just gave the game over to NJ! LOL

worst part, watching the NJ broadcast, the announcer called GSW the Washington Wizards.

OUCH.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors currently have the ninth-worst win percentage and the ninth worst number of wins (20). They have two more wins than Detroit and three more wins than Sacramento, Cleveland, Toronto and New Jersey.

Even if New Jersey beats Golden State tomorrow and then follows that up with a win at Sacramento on Saturday, the Warriors will still have one game in the win column. Likewise, the Pistons, who are only two games back, play Chicago (loss) and Charlotte (win) this weekend, which would tie them with New Jersey (ASSuming the Nets win both games). Both teams would have 19 wins.

Looking at the schedules of the other teams in the hunt, the Warriors, who have dropped 3 in a row, will have to lose at least four more in a row to be anywhere in the conversation of being in the bottom 4 or 5. Even then, it will likely be in a flat-footed tie with at least one and possibly two other teams.

The bottom line is that piling up losses helps the cause, but Golden State will have to get a favorable bounce of the lotto balls or make a trade with Utah to ensure that it keeps the pick.

I don't agree with you Cam. Tonight was a good night for the Tank again:

SAC won at UTA
GS lost to NJ

The Cavs week was very disappointing, three winnable games DET, MIL, @NYK...they are 0-2 so far. NJ beat IND, won tonight, and the SAC game tomorrow is a win/win from the W's perspective. Toronto won at DEN and has WAS at home tomorrow. DET won @WAS and @CLE and has CHA tomorrow at home. SAC stole a win in UTA tonight.

All in all, by the end of the week, we should have:

4. 18 wins
NJ
TOR
CLE
7. 19 wins
DET
SAC
9. 20 wins
GS

That's 2 games out of 4th, with 16 to play. And the general consensus is that the Ws haven't hit the brutal part of their schedule yet.

Consider this:

4/1 @LAL
4/3 @MEM
4/4 @MIN*
4/6 @UTA
4/7 DEN*
4/9 @DEN
4/11 @POR
4/12 DAL*
4/14 LAC
4/16 SA
4/18 LAL
4/20 @DAL
4/21 @HOU*
4/22 @MIN*
4/24 NO
4/26 SA

* denotes team played the previous night.
bold denotes games where the Ws should be favored.

I see two wins there. Two. Will they pick up a random win somewhere? Probably. So let's give them three wins. That's 23 total for the season. Here are the winnable games for the other five teams we can catch:

NJ(18 wins): @SAC, WAS, CLE, PHI, BOS, NYK, @MIL, PHI, @TOR. They need to win five of those nine plus a random win somewhere else (or six of nine)
DET(18 wins): CHA, WAS, @CHA, MIL, CLE, MIN, TOR, PHI. Need 5/8 plus another win (or 6/8)
SAC(18 wins): NJ, MIN, PHO, HOU, @NO, POR, @CHA. Need 5/7 plus another win (or 6/7)
TOR (17 wins): WAS, CHA, CLE, PHI, BOS, @DET, @MIL, NJ. Need 6/8 plus one or 7/8.
CLE(17 wins): @NYK, @TOR, @MIL, @NJ, CHA, IND, @WAS, @DET, PHI, NYK, @MEM, WAS. Need 6/12 plus one or 7/12

Not undoable, and not preposterous. We could actually end up 4th. The Eastern Conference teams have MUCH easier schedules than the Ws and Kings, and the Ws have a much harder schedule than the Kings.

I predict we'll end up bottom 7. We may still get screwed by the ping pong balls, but we'll have a better than even shot at keeping our pick. Now if we could just have Chandler bite Lee again....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit to last post: @MEM is not a favored game, revise prediction to 22 wins and adjust all other analysis accordingly.

We could REALLY suck this year, right into the #4 slot.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post tzill. Rep.

imager.php

Last edited by a moderator: