• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tampons @ (still) Champs 9/13

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF Ross
2B Keppinger
RF Beltran
3B Sandoval
1B Pill
SS Cabrera
CF Christian
C Whiteside
P Cain

Whitey...
Cabrera...

Cain gettin' Bummed tonight?

8-3 good guys!!!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian 7th?

Cabrera...playing?

I certainly hope the Braves keep losing, thus keeping our faint playoff hopes alive. That said, once this team is eliminated, Boch can just simply fill out the lineup with youngens, and we can get a better idea of what we have going into next year.

OzzieGiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Christian 7th?

Cabrera...playing?

I certainly hope the Braves keep losing, thus keeping our faint playoff hopes alive. That said, once this team is eliminated, Boch can just simply fill out the lineup with youngens, and we can get a better idea of what we have going into next year.

Does that include giving Zito a start or two resting Timmy and or Cain - I kind of hope they do, it might provide the ammunition to 'Rowand' his ass

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include giving Zito a start or two resting Timmy and or Cain - I kind of hope they do, it might provide the ammunition to 'Rowand' his ass

I hadn't thought of letting the SlumpBuster take starts from the horses, but I like it. I want Timmeh and Cainer to get to the golf course early this year so they can both throw AT LEAST 325 IP next year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been thinking about that too (whether we should shut down our golden arms: Lincecum, Cain and Bumgarner). As Cal suggested, maybe a break will give them that extra boost for 2012.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian 7th?

Cabrera...playing?

Believe it or not, I'm still holding onto the crazy hope that the Giants can somehow make it close in the WC race. The extra challenge is that we'd have to jump STL, too. I think back to 1998 when we were something like 5 out with 9 to play, and wound up making it to a 1-game playoff against the Cubbies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn. It doesn't look like the Braves are going to lose today.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have two CF's....Ross is in left I imagine.

No, Bochy is trying something weird to juice up the team!

:charlie:

To others above, that would REALLY be smart to let Tim take the last 2 starts off. Bum deserves the chance to get to .500, and Cain is a horse.

Tim can only benefit from a mini-break, and it doesn't hurt the team, as we are finito.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That DP to end the first, following Beltran not scoring on Panda's single, is a nice little microcosm of our season with the bats. -sigh-

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think?

Christian
Sanchez/Burriss
Beltran
Panda
Posey
Huff/Belt
Nate/Belt
Craw

I can't remember who said it first on here but...Beltran might be our best chance to improve the lineup. He'd drive us nuts much of the time but...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think?

Christian
Sanchez/Burriss
Beltran
Panda
Posey
Huff/Belt
Nate/Belt
Craw

I can't remember who said it first on here but...Beltran might be our best chance to improve the lineup. He'd drive us nuts much of the time but...

I just think we'll be significantly outbid by an AL team. At the right price obviously he'd help, and I expect they will make an offer, which Scott Boras will stifle laughter after reading, and politely decline.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That DP to end the first, following Beltran not scoring on Panda's single, is a nice little microcosm of our season with the bats. -sigh-

To be fair, Cain's pitching so far is also emblematic of this team...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we'll be significantly outbid by an AL team. At the right price obviously he'd help, and I expect they will make an offer, which Scott Boras will stifle laughter after reading, and politely decline.

Might be a fun offseason thread to guess where guys like Beltran end up.

I wonder who goes after Beltran...Can't see the BoSox or Yanks going after him. Both teams need pitching more than an old outfielder. Angels outfield is set, with Hunter, Bourjos and Vernon (Zito) Wells.

There might not be as much competition for him as you think. We shall see.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a fun offseason thread to guess where guys like Beltran end up.

I wonder who goes after Beltran...Can't see the BoSox or Yanks going after him. Both teams need pitching more than an old outfielder. Angels outfield is set, with Hunter, Bourjos and Vernon (Zito) Wells.

There might not be as much competition for him as you think. We shall see.

But that's the thing, Boston and NY (and Philly) don't have to pick which need to fill. They will reload pitching AND make offers to Beltran. He's an uptick over Drew (Bos) or Swisher (NY). Other AL teams that may make a run at him: Texas, Angels (so long Wells), Tampa, Detroit (so long Ordonez)...

And as we all know, we have to really beat other offers to get hitters to willingly sacrifice their stats to play here. Hence the thread about moving the fences in...

The chance isn't zero that we get him, but to me it's really close to it.

I think they will hope for Nate to be solid in RF, and spend that money on a CF or a SS or both.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like our friend Filo just repped us. :)

I'll happily pay extra dues this month.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing, Boston and NY (and Philly) don't have to pick which need to fill. They will reload pitching AND make offers to Beltran. He's an uptick over Drew (Bos) or Swisher (NY). Other AL teams that may make a run at him: Texas, Angels (so long Wells), Tampa, Detroit (so long Ordonez)...

And as we all know, we have to really beat other offers to get hitters to willingly sacrifice their stats to play here. Hence the thread about moving the fences in...

The chance isn't zero that we get him, but to me it's really close to it.

I think they will hope for Nate to be solid in RF, and spend that money on a CF or a SS or both.

You're probably right dammit! Rep.

100!! :clap2:

Last edited by a moderator: