• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Comes to D.C.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, deep subject from the angles you are describing. Being a vet I disagree 100% that Veteran's Day is political. However I agree some organizations like the NFL try to curry favor by celebrating it. I do not see everyone on the sidelines wearing camouflage when they never served kind of hokey.

I 100% believe every effort should be made to take care of our vets during and after their service. Sadly this has become a political talking point. I also feel that some things are somewhat abused by vets. In my case I am often aske if I am on disability for hearing loss. Almost every one who worked on jet aircraft has experienced some hearing loss. So many guys run to get their 10% tinnitus test so that they can get there $140 a month. I knew what I was getting into when I was a young sailor and am not looking for a handout now so it can go both ways.

Telling me that a holiday to recognize our service is only political is bullshit. The day means something to me and I don't give a fuck what your politics are.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The honor bestowed on veterans now is nothing more than lip service and a bandaid for a bayonet stabbing. I'd rather we as as country honor them by getting them the care, be it medical, mental, emotional, psychological, that they need coming home from battle. That we as a country weren't at war, be it known or unknown, damn near for our entire existence.. That military families had adequate food to feed themserlves w/o having to get on Gov't assistance or seek the help of food shelters. That 67.000+ veterans weren't homeless at present

You're damn skippy "honoring our troops" is political as fuck. Propaganda. to make us the public feel good about ourselve and make military peeps think we actually care about them.NFL owners love it because whatever money they spend honoring vets. They probably get back at least 3 fold on merchandise, ticket sales and the all important neverending loyalty of a segment of the
Yes more could be done for sure, but at least mentioning them is a lot better than my dad was treated when he came back from Nam.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have a son at Fort Benning as well. So I’m all for the nfl recognizing our Warriors

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for a competitive game with no injuries

Please, just ONE complete game with all phases clicking

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe honoring our veterans is political?
Yes, in the manner that it's done in conjunction with the NFL. Honoring us is one thing and should be done as it was prior to 2009 (not in conjunction with the NFL)

So, here are a few facts about all of this.

1. The United States military is the enforcement arm of our political system. In other words, the body itself is political.

2. Taxpayer dollars pay the NFL for the "privilege" in millions. Paying taxes and using taxpayer dollars is also political

3. Standing for the Anthem is also now a "forced" requirement, for those railing against the current vaccination thing. (Remember all the bullshit about kneeling) I'm not dealing with specific responses to this, because of, you know, the whole hypocrisy thing.

4. Veterans Day is already a national holiday, and is, unlike all others, one that seems to require some form of reinforcement year-round at sporting events.

5. I'm a veteran, in country, combat type, and while the holiday is nice, it does more for the public than for those of us who've served and are serving. If the country really wants to honor us, stop with the "Thanks for your service," mantra and truly take care of those returning from service instead of politicizing the funding that will provide such care.

Sorry man... you asked!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The honor bestowed on veterans now is nothing more than lip service and a bandaid for a bayonet stabbing. I'd rather we as as country honor them by getting them the care, be it medical, mental, emotional, psychological, that they need coming home from battle. That we as a country weren't at war, be it known or unknown, damn near for our entire existence.. That military families had adequate food to feed themserlves w/o having to get on Gov't assistance or seek the help of food shelters. That 67.000+ veterans weren't homeless at present

You're damn skippy "honoring our troops" is political as fuck. Propaganda. to make us the public feel good about ourselve and make military peeps think we actually care about them.NFL owners love it because whatever money they spend honoring vets. They probably get back at least 3 fold on merchandise, ticket sales and the all important neverending loyalty of a segment of the population.

The Crazy Amount of Money the Military Gives to the NFL

https://www.bing.com/search?q=How+m...qs=edge..69i57.19622j0j4&FORM=ANAB01&PC=U531#

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: Now watch as some asshole tries to narrow this conversation to the holiday only, instead of the politization of the military into sports.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 and out for our defense!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2