• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talking Final Roster - Who Are the WRs?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given:
Demaryius
Manny
Latimer

Benny Fowler made a great impression last night as he has all camp. I think he has a great shot to make the team as the #4 WR. Who do you think will be the 4th WR?

Assuming we keep 5 - who else would you keep? Here are the candidates - Burse, Caldwell, Louks, Norwood, Palmer, Patton, and Taylor.

My guess is that either Norwood or Burse make it primarily as the PR/KR and keep working on their WR craft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question. Bennie Fowler definitely is making the push to make this roster. I can't remember if he did anything on special teams because honestly beyond the first 3 that is what we have to see in the final 2 is the ability to make plays on special teams. I still think though Fowler gives us another weapon and a guy that can step in and still produce if one of our top 3 go down with injury.

As for the 5th spot I'm still going to give it to Norwood. I have heard great things in camp as him both as a returner and as a receiver. Obviously yesterday was not his best showing as a returner but he did do decent as a receiver.

Now I have been hearing that the team is still a big Caldwell fan. I don't get it. He obviously does something that we as fans don't get the chance to see as he is one of the few guys that keeps making this team even after coaching changes. I'm hoping this is the year though that we finally just say we finally have more talent at the position than what Caldwell offers especially at his price.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Bennie Fowler fanboy. Have been for two years now. No shame in that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting.

I think Solomon Patton might be ahead of Burse right now..

See if Caldwell makes it or not this year. I've been more impresssed with Fowler and Norwood that is for sure.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to see more of Patton because the first chance he got yesterday he fumbled which isn't a good sign, I'm still a fan of Burse just because I've seen what he can do but I'll give it a few weeks to decide.

But ya I do like Fowler at #4 and I hope to god Caldwell isn't on the team. With all the young guys we have fighting for a spot we don't need an average 30 year old WR with no future taking up a spot. We know what we have in him and it's mediocre, let's take a chance on a guy who could potentially end uyp being a big time player in a few years over Caldwell where we know what he's capable of and it isn't much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In rewatching the 1st half Bennie Fowler definitely played himself onto this team unless he completely falls apart over the next couple of weeks. Our special teams coverage was terrible but Fowler was the guy who actually I think made the two tackles on Lockette where we pinned them back deep. Special Teams is what will get many of these back end guys on the team and he showed both as an offensive weapon and as a special teams gunner.

The big question since we didn't get to see him yesterday is that of Omar Bolden. Right now he is listed as the actual punt and kick off return guy. IF he can do both of those then Patton, Burse, and Norwood are in some trouble. Then it comes down to more who can offer a bit more as a receiver and a gunner than what they can do return wise. IF that is the case then I would say Fowler and Jordan Taylor are the two guys the team keeps. If we need a returner then Taylor goes to the PS while one of those other guys wins the return spot.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Fowler, Jordan Taylor and Norwood

( it's nice to be posting about the Broncos again )

Jordan Taylor looks he has the makings of a great pro - good all 'round game as he carries himself like a vet

Fowler has a ton of potential, and Norwood is a dependable asset for plugging in to the slot or on returns ( although he misjudged one last night )

I'll be disappoint if Caldwell is on this team come Sept

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to see more of Patton because the first chance he got yesterday he fumbled which isn't a good sign, I'm still a fan of Burse just because I've seen what he can do but I'll give it a few weeks to decide.

But ya I do like Fowler at #4 and I hope to god Caldwell isn't on the team. With all the young guys we have fighting for a spot we don't need an average 30 year old WR with no future taking up a spot. We know what we have in him and it's mediocre, let's take a chance on a guy who could potentially end uyp being a big time player in a few years over Caldwell where we know what he's capable of and it isn't much.

I doubt Patton ends up making this team, but the guy was a terrific special teams player at Florida.. Blocking many punts and as a returner. Just not sure he has a spot in the NFL long term, but I hope I am wrong because I am a really big fan. There is no question he can play in the NFL, but I am not sure teams will be patient enough with him as a WR and he won't be as effective as a punt blocker in the NFL because most of the time teams put defensive players on punt block units.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah be interesting to see if Jordan Taylor is the real deal or if he is another Todd Devoe/Darius Watts/Kevin Kasper camp star.

He looks like he could be something.

I was hoping David Porter would make a move, but didn't expect it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is still a mystery. Earlier in season I posted I thought denver would prob have to resign him due to his experience and the mostly unproven guys behind him. After last nights game I still have`t seen that being an advantage for him or the Broncos. I`ve seen enough of just Fowler himself to make Caldwell expendable. I think after DT,Sanders and Latimore the shot for number 4 is still going to depend on who shines these next 3 pre-season games. I like Fowler,Patton and Taylor to have a chance but like Cd mentioned, maybe Caldwell has shown better blocking skills ( at the line and downfield) than the other guys and consistancy in practice than the others at this point. I wont be shocked either way with Caldwell.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah be interesting to see if Jordan Taylor is the real deal or if he is another Todd Devoe/Darius Watts/Kevin Kasper camp star.

He looks like he could be something.

I was hoping David Porter would make a move, but didn't expect it.
Is he #87? The women will like him but his hands look iffy at best. At least the day I saw him he dropped several in goal line and for being that big he should be making the catch . We'll see

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Taylor is 87.

He was getting a lot of great reviews the first few days of camp. Haven't heard as much about him since. Maybe a PS guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Taylor is 87.

He was getting a lot of great reviews the first few days of camp. Haven't heard as much about him since. Maybe a PS guy.

I went to camp on Wednesday this last week and he had a really good day. He is a giant of a man so I think he gets a lot of passes because he is so easy to pick out in the chaos. He does seem a bit hit and miss though so maybe he is better for the practice squad.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he is another Nate Jackson or has more upside? Time will tell. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Taylor in college at Rice... Saw him a bit but never stood out so he is all knew to me.

Chris Harris never stuck out to me either so ya never know. :)

Guessing at worst Taylor is on our PS. Seems like a great candidate. Unless some of these others guys don't earn their roster spot at the last few spots. Guessing we carry two WR's on the PS again. Last year at times we even had 3.

Palmer, Fowler, Burse (half the year)

Palmer, Fowler, McNeil (few weeks)

Solomon Patton is also PS eligible.

I think Palmer ran out of PS eligibility, but I don't see him on either active or PS this year even if the new rules allow him back on the PS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor's biggest issue will be that he doesn't have the speed to really be a big special teams guy. He is built more to be one of those top-3 receivers on a team that don't have to contribute as much in that area but he just doesn't have the athleticism to that kind of guy either unless he goes to one of the bottom feeder teams when it comes to receiver. So maybe KC then?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was sorta my feeling with Taylor too. Why I said maybe another Nate Jackson. Great hands but can't do much after the catch or stretch the field much.

Perhaps a good RZ guy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the year that the Broncos dump Caldwell. Elway and Kubiak are on record that young guys (with affordable contracts) need to step up and contribute across the team. I don't think we've seen a year in the past five where we'll be asking that many rookies to contribute. It's a good thing and part of Elway's mantra of "win from now on". Fowler would be a great addition IMO. I think they like Burse too, so those are the 2 that get added from my list. Go Broncos!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the reports today the team seems to be really hoping that Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood are the two that really step up over these next couple of weeks. They are definitely giving the young guys every opportunity.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sanders sitting out Norwood was the guy who replaced him on the 1st team when we went to 3-Wide. They also even played him at the RB position today at practice. The coaches love his versatility to do a lot of different things so I think they are keeping that in mind compared to what he showed on Friday night against Seattle. Definitely not his best game but he does show a lot of promise.