• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib Could Be Suspended For At Least 8 Games

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a slippery slope for the NFL to go down though. Plax I'm guessing since he did it at a night club there is video of him doing it to himself plus I don't think he ever fought the idea that he did it to himself. Right now the police report says that somebody ran by and shot Talib and then ran off into the night. There are witnesses that back up that story. Whether that is true or not obviously we don't know but for the NFL then to step in and say they think he is guilty and punish him is a very dark path for them to go. That could easily backfire big time and really the players themselves I can't imagine them responded all that well to the NFL getting to pick and choose who they find guilty.

Slippery slope????

They just suspended Brady for something they could not prove whether it did or did not happen, never mind who did or did not do it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are acting like I don't think he has done anything wrong. I'm saying you gave one side of some very complicated situations. Such as for me I have 2 sisters. One of them dated a guy that was abusive and my first reaction was to go beat the crap out of the kid. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and she was able to get out of the relationship and the guy is I have no clue. Still I can understand a situation like that ending in violence. So while I don't think Talib is innocent in that situation either just saying he shot at some person isn't really telling the whole story.
I'm not trying to tell the whole story. I'm saying that in the NFL you shoot a gun in public when you shouldn't twice and you should be suspended and I'm also saying that there is enough for me to say he is a piece of shit. I'll leave the "whole story" part up to others someone that wants to make it a debate...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the common sense antenna should be up. I have said repeatedly that I think he shot himself. I just think suspending a guy for 8-games when the police report right now shows him to be the victim in a shooting is not exactly the best look for the NFL. That would be like saying a r*pe victim is guilty because they wore a short skirt.
No, it would not be like that at all

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the "Police Report" is concerned......if Talib shot himself and was drunk, the officer who wrote the report might just be a football fan and got himself some tickets or 'something'. There are no credible witnesses, no one other than Talib got hurt and investigating the incident any further isn't as important as a lot of other crimes going on in the area.

"Some unknown guy to Talib and the other 22 guys hangin' out, mindin' their own business, came running by and pick Aqib Talib from the bunch and shot him in the leg and ran off before anyone could catch him or snap a photo from any of their Android or IPhones. The guy was running so fast he couldn't put a bullet into Talib's chest at 6 feet." Aqib Talib is the victim of this horrible shooting.

One other thing to note.......Aqib Talib was carrying the same caliber gun as the bullet removed from his leg. There was no ballistics test completed because on shot had been fired from Talib's gun. Talib stated that the round missing was fired at the local gun range earlier in the afternoon. The spent shell casing was ejected at the gun range. A spent shell casing from the shooters gun was recovered at the scene and is being held as evidence.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jarntt................rainbow this........

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the "Police Report" is concerned......if Talib shot himself and was drunk, the officer who wrote the report might just be a football fan and got himself some tickets or 'something'. There are no credible witnesses, no one other than Talib got hurt and investigating the incident any further isn't as important as a lot of other crimes going on in the area.

"Some unknown guy to Talib and the other 22 guys hangin' out, mindin' their own business, came running by and pick Aqib Talib from the bunch and shot him in the leg and ran off before anyone could catch him or snap a photo from any of their Android or IPhones. The guy was running so fast he couldn't put a bullet into Talib's chest at 6 feet." Aqib Talib is the victim of this horrible shooting.

One other thing to note.......Aqib Talib was carrying the same caliber gun as the bullet removed from his leg. There was no ballistics test completed because on shot had been fired from Talib's gun. Talib stated that the round missing was fired at the local gun range earlier in the afternoon. The spent shell casing was ejected at the gun range. A spent shell casing from the shooters gun was recovered at the scene and is being held as evidence.
Where is the indisputable video evidence:lm:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a slippery slope for the NFL to go down though. Plax I'm guessing since he did it at a night club there is video of him doing it to himself plus I don't think he ever fought the idea that he did it to himself. Right now the police report says that somebody ran by and shot Talib and then ran off into the night. There are witnesses that back up that story. Whether that is true or not obviously we don't know but for the NFL then to step in and say they think he is guilty and punish him is a very dark path for them to go. That could easily backfire big time and really the players themselves I can't imagine them responded all that well to the NFL getting to pick and choose who they find guilty.

Did you miss the part that the NFL can do whatever the fk it wants? You were all for that about Brady right? Now it's different?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the indisputable video evidence:lm:

Are you gonna be a candy ass for the rest of your life or what?

Edit: Look up "rhetorical question" before you bother answering :thumb:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the part that the NFL can do whatever the fk it wants? You were all for that about Brady right? Now it's different?
You seem to be remembering history wrong. I said the Brady suspension was ridiculous. You seem to think all non-Pats fans all love what happened to Brady. Not so sir

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be remembering history wrong. I said the Brady suspension was ridiculous. You seem to think all non-Pats fans all love what happened to Brady. Not so sir

You said it was too long. There is a difference.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh when I consider what Talib might be doing (for a career) if he wasn't a NFL player.

My first thought is "professional dead gangbanger".

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh when I consider what Talib might be doing (for a career) if he wasn't a NFL player.

My first thought is "professional dead gangbanger".
Did he and Hernandez hang out together in NE?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can find no evidence that talib did something wrong. The NFL cannot link the HGH shipments in 2010 to Mannings house with Peyton. The NFL cannot find any evidence that Brady doctored the balls.

Ah yes, everyone is being penalized by Goodell

Wait, I was wrong , a few of these will be washed under the rug

Goodell must have just received a special payment in his Bahamas bank account

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it was too long. There is a difference.
I said it should have been a fine and if they found definitive evidence maybe a 1game suspension

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can find no evidence that talib did something wrong. The NFL cannot link the HGH shipments in 2010 to Mannings house with Peyton. The NFL cannot find any evidence that Brady doctored the balls.

Do you only post while at work?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please stop.

Talib - had a gun discharge in his possession in public. That's wrong, he should be suspended.
Manning - Al Jazeera... Need I Say more
Brady - Really?