• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib Could Be Suspended For At Least 8 Games

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Turns the page on this thread*

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the official police report was released that has him and witnesses saying that a man ran up to their group walking and shot Talib then ran off into the night. Right now from what I understand there is nothing that has been reported otherwise officially. Now yes there are rumors that he told friends that he shot himself but beyond rumors that is about all they have.

That's a lot of running...lol. I wasn't there so I can't say anything really, but the common sense antenna is up on that one.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Brady got 4 games for letting a little bit of air out of a few footballs you can't give Talib more than 2 games for punching a teammate as a rookie, assaulting a cab driver, shooting at and trying to kill his brother-in-law, viciously poking an opponent in the eye during a playoff game and then later getting into a drunken fight at a strip club, pulling out a gun to shoot someone and then shooting himself:noidea:. Maybe 3 games, but that's tops...

I didn't know his record was that bad, he should have already been suspended for a year and this latest should be the total banishment....Little Ray punched his fiance and got black balled from the league, no second chance at all...It's the uneven punishments that Goodell dishes out that irritate me so much....
You could r*pe and kill your grandmother and get 1 game suspension, throw a rock at window and get banned for life....He's preposterous !!!!!:tsk:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of running...lol. I wasn't there so I can't say anything really, but the common sense antenna is up on that one.

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know his record was that bad, he should have already been suspended for a year and this latest should be the total banishment....Little Ray punched his fiance and got black balled from the league, no second chance at all...It's the uneven punishments that Goodell dishes out that irritate me so much....
You could r*pe and kill your grandmother and get 1 game suspension, throw a rock at window and get banned for life....He's preposterous !!!!!:tsk:

Few things wrong with this narrative though

The whole firing at the brother-in-law thing was dropped because the witness was far from reliable and the brother-in-law had some major issues that make him not look so innocent in the situation.

The whole strip club shooting thing is well far from how the whole story goes. He was not shot in the club. There are tons of cameras and this whole story of how he got shot would be easily solved. He was walking home with some friends after they left the club and was in the park when he was shot.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole firing at the brother-in-law thing was dropped because the witness was far from reliable and the brother-in-law had some major issues that make him not look so innocent in the situation.

The whole strip club shooting thing is well far from how the whole story goes. He was not shot in the club. There are tons of cameras and this whole story of how he got shot would be easily solved. He was walking home with some friends after they left the club and was in the park when he was shot.

Come on cd, you're making this guy sound like a choir boy, but when someone continues to get in these type of situations it's because of who and what they choose to hang around.....Too many to be coincidental.....
Plus you can see it in his demeanor when he talks that he is a live wire....And the conduct policy does not require that they be found guilty by the courts, being in that situation is a violation....Heck, waking up on the wrong side of the bed could get you suspended by Goodella !!! :dhd:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? Are we really going there? that's like saying a police report said a man in a red shirt raped a woman and you come back with it was an orange shirt not a red shirt so move along...Pick your battles...

He was so drunk after leaving the club he didn't even know who shot who or why. And Of course the sisters boyfriend had major issues. Most people that got shot at by family members do and so do the family members that do the shooting!!! He is a total piece of shit. Great cover guy though, so there's that....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on cd, you're making this guy sound like a choir boy, but when someone continues to get in these type of situations it's because of who and what they choose to hang around.....Too many to be coincidental.....
Plus you can see it in his demeanor when he talks that he is a live wire....And the conduct policy does not require that they be found guilty by the courts, being in that situation is a violation....Heck, waking up on the wrong side of the bed could get you suspended by Goodella !!! :dhd:

I never said he was innocent or a choir boy. I said some of the narratives that were posted were not quite the whole story. They were one side of it. Talib has done plenty wrong and I don't think he is innocent in this shooting. I just think the NFL if they don't have any more information than what has been released so far are going down a slippery slope if they punish him as much as what is being talked. So far in the NFL they have only gone as far as 4-games for conduct detrimental to the league without any actual guilty or evidence of for sure guilt. So to at least double that if not more then yeah to me that could get them in some hot water.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Are we really going there? that's like saying a police report said a man in a red shirt raped a woman and you come back with it was an orange shirt not a red shirt so move along...Pick your battles...

He was so drunk after leaving the club he didn't even know who shot who or why. And Of course the sisters boyfriend had major issues. Most people that got shot at by family members do and so do the family members that do the shooting!!! He is a total piece of shit. Great cover guy though, so there's that....

Sheesh I'm not trying to say he is completely innocent in these situations. What you posted though is one side of the story of some very complicated situations. Such as the altercation back in 2011 was after he and his mother found out this boyfriend was abusing his sister so they went to confront the person and it got physical. The man that they fired at was a registered sex offender and had quite a few priors. They dropped the case because they didn't find him to be a credible witness that he didn't make the situation worse and was a part of why this whole thing got physical.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was innocent or a choir boy. I said some of the narratives that were posted were not quite the whole story. They were one side of it. Talib has done plenty wrong and I don't think he is innocent in this shooting. I just think the NFL if they don't have any more information than what has been released so far are going down a slippery slope if they punish him as much as what is being talked. So far in the NFL they have only gone as far as 4-games for conduct detrimental to the league without any actual guilty or evidence of for sure guilt. So to at least double that if not more then yeah to me that could get them in some hot water.

Well. I don't think anyone knows what RG will do, we know what the policy says but he can alter that with technicalities to suit his purpose at anytime it seems....
I do know that he doesn't need a guilty verdict by a court to impose penalties concerning the conduct policy....
I know Talib a good player and no one in Denver wants to lose him for any amount of time but being involved in all those incidents doesn't bode well for him IMO.....
It all depends on how hungry Goodella is at the time....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said CD...the common sense antenna is up on this one...especially the club related shooting...Idk the details, but if a guy ran up on him and shot him...unless he was turning to run, the bullet probably is not entering from the back thigh and exiting in front.

Talib has issues, and Goodell is probably going to find a way to get him some game time.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, the quote from Schefter was pulled WAY out of context in this article. Here's the full quote.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, joining 104.3 The Fan’s “The Drive with Big Al and DMac” Monday, said he’d be surprised if Talib isn’t not disciplined in “some form or another.”

“I remember initially speaking to somebody, and we were discussing the situation. And we were discussing it in a hypothetical way, because we do not know the exact facts of the situation. It’s a mystery. But the person I was talking to said, ‘I don’t see how this is less than 8 games,’” Schefter said.

He continued: “I don’t what it’s going to be. I’m just telling you what one knowledgeable person told me. Now maybe he’s suspended one game. That could be. Maybe it’s four games, and they appeal it and get it down to two.”

So the 8 games was just a guess, and it's really no better than Schefter's guess of 1 game or 4 game or 2. I think the key thing is no one really knows what the NFL is going to do in this situation.

Oh, and just for the record (so I'm not accused of being a Broncos homer or just defending him because he's a Bronco or whatever), I don't like Talib and I never have, and I won't cry if he's suspended for 8 games or 16 or 4 or 2 or 1 or whatever. Frankly I'll be happier once he's no longer on the team. He's a good football player but a pretty horrible human being.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I don't think anyone knows what RG will do, we know what the policy says but he can alter that with technicalities to suit his purpose at anytime it seems....
I do know that he doesn't need a guilty verdict by a court to impose penalties concerning the conduct policy....
I know Talib a good player and no one in Denver wants to lose him for any amount of time but being involved in all those incidents doesn't bode well for him IMO.....
It all depends on how hungry Goodella is at the time....

Oh I think he will get suspended for a while. I just think the 8 games is pretty stiff at this point. Have to see how it plays out. And yeah nobody wants to lose a Pro Bowl player. The good thing for the Broncos is that probably their deepest position on the team is Corner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh I'm not trying to say he is completely innocent in these situations. What you posted though is one side of the story of some very complicated situations. Such as the altercation back in 2011 was after he and his mother found out this boyfriend was abusing his sister so they went to confront the person and it got physical. The man that they fired at was a registered sex offender and had quite a few priors. They dropped the case because they didn't find him to be a credible witness that he didn't make the situation worse and was a part of why this whole thing got physical.
Most criminals have an excuse for each and every crime if you listen to them. Heck, I bet Talib has a good excuse for his next crime too

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, unless some more details come out (or the NFL is privy to details we don't know about, I think that although a suspension would be hard to justify under those circumstances, he'll probably be suspended anyway for his history. But I don't think it will be close to 8 games. Probably more like 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said CD...the common sense antenna is up on this one...especially the club related shooting...Idk the details, but if a guy ran up on him and shot him...unless he was turning to run, the bullet probably is not entering from the back thigh and exiting in front.

Talib has issues, and Goodell is probably going to find a way to get him some game time.

I agree the common sense antenna should be up. I have said repeatedly that I think he shot himself. I just think suspending a guy for 8-games when the police report right now shows him to be the victim in a shooting is not exactly the best look for the NFL. That would be like saying a r*pe victim is guilty because they wore a short skirt.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just oughta thank the good Lord that he's still not playing for the Patriots. Goodell would have already corn-holed him and Talib would never be able to hold his mud again.

Seriously, if Brady can be suspended for being "Generally knowledgable" about something and the Courts say he has the authority to do whatever he wants, he can suspend Talib for two, four, six, eight, ten games or an entire year. Just sends a message that the NFL will no longer tolerate gunplay....regardless of the side that the player is on.

Integrity of the League.

Gotta protect the Shield.

The reality of the situation is pretty obvious. Goodell was willing to go to the mat at any cost to get Brady. If he lets Talib or anyone else go, Brady's lawyers will string the NFL up by the nuts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most criminals have an excuse for each and every crime if you listen to them. Heck, I bet Talib has a good excuse for his next crime too

You are acting like I don't think he has done anything wrong. I'm saying you gave one side of some very complicated situations. Such as for me I have 2 sisters. One of them dated a guy that was abusive and my first reaction was to go beat the crap out of the kid. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and she was able to get out of the relationship and the guy is I have no clue. Still I can understand a situation like that ending in violence. So while I don't think Talib is innocent in that situation either just saying he shot at some person isn't really telling the whole story.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing he was shit faced drunk and packing heat and not enjoying a spliff while studying air pressure theory.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm, a possible suspension with less than credible evidence, that rings a bell.
When have I heard this story before?