• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib Could Be Suspended For At Least 8 Games

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3080400-9214549750-tumbl.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot people who do idiot things get treated like idiots.

Hence... Talib is an idiot.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let's be clear. It is almost certain that this dumb fucker got drunk and Plaxicoed all over himself right outside this nightclub. However, if the cops can't prove that and have to report this as a random act of violence, I love the idea that the league could still suspend him 8 games for "conduct detrimental" in which that "conduct" is, officially, having the audacity to get his ass shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no gun or shooter can be located...he might be out of the woods with Texas law enforcement, but I think we know Gooddell is not going to rest on that...I think they will go the plax route and assume he shot himself...yes, there's a good chance he sits some games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter says Aqib Talib could be facing 8-game suspension

Adam Schefter is mentioned. Talib was told last time not to get involved in another incident with guns. And with the Tom Brady precedent if you will, there was never really any serious chance Talib would avoid suspension.
I think if Brady got 4 games for letting a little bit of air out of a few footballs you can't give Talib more than 2 games for punching a teammate as a rookie, assaulting a cab driver, shooting at and trying to kill his brother-in-law, viciously poking an opponent in the eye during a playoff game and then later getting into a drunken fight at a strip club, pulling out a gun to shoot someone and then shooting himself:noidea:. Maybe 3 games, but that's tops...

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a problem, I'd trade him to the Cowboys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no gun or shooter can be located...he might be out of the woods with Texas law enforcement, but I think we know Gooddell is not going to rest on that...I think they will go the plax route and assume he shot himself...yes, there's a good chance he sits some games.

That is a slippery slope for the NFL to go down though. Plax I'm guessing since he did it at a night club there is video of him doing it to himself plus I don't think he ever fought the idea that he did it to himself. Right now the police report says that somebody ran by and shot Talib and then ran off into the night. There are witnesses that back up that story. Whether that is true or not obviously we don't know but for the NFL then to step in and say they think he is guilty and punish him is a very dark path for them to go. That could easily backfire big time and really the players themselves I can't imagine them responded all that well to the NFL getting to pick and choose who they find guilty.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Brady got 4 games for letting a little bit of air out of a few footballs you can't give Talib more than 2 games for punching a teammate as a rookie, assaulting a cab driver, shooting at and trying to kill his brother-in-law, viciously poking an opponent in the eye during a playoff game and then later getting into a drunken fight at a strip club, pulling out a gun to shoot someone and then shooting himself:noidea:. Maybe 3 games, but that's tops...

The eye poking was during the regular season against the Colts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a slippery slope for the NFL to go down though. Plax I'm guessing since he did it at a night club there is video of him doing it to himself plus I don't think he ever fought the idea that he did it to himself. Right now the police report says that somebody ran by and shot Talib and then ran off into the night. There are witnesses that back up that story. Whether that is true or not obviously we don't know but for the NFL then to step in and say they think he is guilty and punish him is a very dark path for them to go. That could easily backfire big time and really the players themselves I can't imagine them responded all that well to the NFL getting to pick and choose who they find guilty.

Correct me if I wrong, but hasn't Talib told people he was drunk and shot himself?

If he was shot by someone and a number of witnesses saw this, I don't think the NFL will take it any further, nor should they...but in this day and age you would think somebody would have seen a vehicle type, a plate, something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I wrong, but hasn't Talib told people he was drunk and shot himself?

If he was shot by someone and a number of witnesses saw this, I don't think the NFL will take it any further, nor should they...but in this day and age you would think somebody would have seen a vehicle type, a plate, something.

Well the official police report was released that has him and witnesses saying that a man ran up to their group walking and shot Talib then ran off into the night. Right now from what I understand there is nothing that has been reported otherwise officially. Now yes there are rumors that he told friends that he shot himself but beyond rumors that is about all they have.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the official police report was released that has him and witnesses saying that a man ran up to their group walking and shot Talib then ran off into the night. Right now from what I understand there is nothing that has been reported otherwise officially. Now yes there are rumors that he told friends that he shot himself but beyond rumors that is about all they have.
The police report also says the bullet entered Talib's body through the rear of his right thigh and exited through his right calf. That's highly suggestive and that's plenty for Goodell.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police report also says the bullet entered Talib's body through the rear of his right thigh and exited through his right calf. That's highly suggestive and that's plenty for Goodell.

It is highly suggestive but again when the NFL starts assuming guilt when the courts find innocence it could lead to some very questionable decisions. Not saying he didn't shoot himself because I do agree that it is highly suggestive but to accuse somebody of shooting themselves on even a highly suggestive thought is asking for trouble.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is highly suggestive but again when the NFL starts assuming guilt when the courts find innocence it could lead to some very questionable decisions. Not saying he didn't shoot himself because I do agree that it is highly suggestive but to accuse somebody of shooting themselves on even a highly suggestive thought is asking for trouble.
They don't have to is the thing. It can be "conduct detrimental to the league."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to is the thing. It can be "conduct detrimental to the league."

True and they have done it before with Big Ben. Punishing him 8 or more games though for something that he is being shown by the police to be the victim though is not exactly a good look for the league. I could understand maybe 4 games.

LaserJock

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL sheriff in town will make his decision based on what ever way the wind is blowing. He is subject to the Dictator himself and who knows what side of the bed he got up on today ..that will determine the # of games he serves.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.

I was Ninja'd.