• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take It For What It's Worth

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i the only one that doesn't care for robinson?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the only one Red. I like Robinson, just not with the 2nd pick in the draft!? If the Rams are stupid enough to draft him 2nd overall they deserve what they get. He's good, but not great. You don't spend the 2nd pick on good, especially when there are so many other players that are bigger game changers. We can only hope there is no fire where the smoke is because I'm seeing more and more mocks having us take Robinson. If they do in fact take him there is going to be people with pitchforks and torches waiting for Fisher and Snead when the get back to St. Louis. :lm:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Robinson at #2 either.

He's not going to start at OT this season and maybe not next either. He needs work as a pass protector and you don't just learn that in OTA's and preseason. It's going to take time.

His best position right now is at Guard where he would be fantastic, but you don't draft Guards with potential to be an OT at #2.

If they were going to take an OT at #2, it has to be Matthews.

However, barring a trade down, I think it is going to be Mack.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Texans do something crazy and pass on Clowney.

Then, anything is possible from trading down to actually drafting him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join me in the 'Robinson might end up being a great player but not at #2' crowd. Its exactly the same as taking Brockers #2 overall, imo. A really young guy who is dominant in the run game and an unknown in the passing game. If he never develops, he is just a great Guard prospect.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robinson is 2 material than Gabe Jackson is number one overall material.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just really don't want jason smith part 2.......

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just really don't want jason smith part 2.......

Thankfully we don't have the old regime or he would definitely be the pick.

I just get the feeling if a trade down doesn't happen, Mack will be the pick. Only other possibility I see is Matthews due to the Fisher connection. This is assuming Clowney goes #1. If he doesn't, all bets are off cause anything can happen if he is available.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we don't have the old regime or he would definitely be the pick.

I just get the feeling if a trade down doesn't happen, Mack will be the pick. Only other possibility I see is Matthews due to the Fisher connection. This is assuming Clowney goes #1. If he doesn't, all bets are off cause anything can happen if he is available.

I hope Mack is the pick if not Watkins (if no trade down and Clowney goes #1). I probably feel even more strongly against taking OT in the first round than the rest of you. Take your LG in the second round and an OT after that (or vice versa, depending on whom they are targeting).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know I want Mack, Watkins, Robinson in that order if we stay at 2. But I don't get the you don't draft a Guard at 2 thing. This guy is a freak and will probably be an impact player at guard. I think we all agree he will be a monster at guard. Even if he never plays tackle if he's an all pro guard for the next 10 years are you really going to say it's a bad pick? Imo he's the safest pick of the OL because he CAN play guard. Matthews, Lewan can't. I don't want the rams to pick an OL in the first but if they pick Robinson I see what they are thinking.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Robinson pick is sound, @ OG is questionable but sound if your thinking longterm for the O-line. I see the Rams trading out of #2 by about 80% for Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Manzeil. If and when that is the case, @ #6, #7 or whatever is not the OT or OG the most important pick? Where on the team is the O-line on a need to fix basis? Unless you think Bradford can deliver from the pocket and Watkins is ideal, the run game must work for us to win.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all assuming Robinson can play guard; does he have any experience doing so at the college level?

I think the assumption that you don't take a guard at OT is magnified by Fisher not taking OL in the first round at all; obviously teams have taken OGs in the first round in recent years. A run-blocking guard in a pass-heavy NFL these days may not good value to some though; it seems anything run-game oriented has been devalued.

Of course the Rams need to improve their line, notably at LG and overall depth, but there is more to the draft than the first round. Everything depends on the Rams big board and how they value these players by talent level and position value.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly do you guys have Mack playing in this defense?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what do you think our offensive line looks like right now?

I think once we figure out who the starting line would be, we can decide if LG or OT is a bigger need.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT: Long
LG: Jones
C: Wells
RG: Saffold
RT: Barksdale

This would be my projection as of now.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want Robinson @ #2! I agree with everything said above. I think trading down is the best move (even if Clowney is there).

I was questionable on Mack earlier in the off season but I think Mack or Watkins should be the pick at #2. Mack > Watkins only if they feel he can produce in the 4-3 and that WR is so far down the needs list that they rather grab Mack and immediately better our defense. I think we need a top 5 defense to win, especially in our division.

If we trade down into the 6-9 range I think we should like at Mathews or Donald. Donald I wasn't a fan of before, but if it's to early to pick a safety (which it is, that's what our #13 should be used for), and the WR and OLB we like are off the board I think we should consider the DT. I think he makes our D-Line elite (Brockers needs to become the player we think he can). That foursome looks fearsome to me and it would allow us to cut Langford if we wanted to for cap reasons or even trade him on draft day if we wanted to move up/collect picks, or keep him and have him come into the rotation. And then there is Mathews who can play at RT this year (with Long at LT) and then become the left tackle when it's his time.

Our first pick in this round is a luxury that most teams don't have, but I don't think we should waste it on Robinson, or even Clowney (who doesn't fit and can produce a decent trade). I think the 2nd pick (#13 or if we trade down) needs to be used on Dix or Pyror.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT: Long
LG: Jones
C: Wells
RG: Saffold
RT: Barksdale

This would be my projection as of now.

well based on this, can Barksdale slide into Jone's spot? I can't remember the comments on him playing there and I really am not an expert on him at all. I really like Jones, think he should compete for the center role as well, but I don't think he should start if he doesn't have too.