• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take It For What It's Worth

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have years to see a title, but seeing one now would be nice. I honestly believe Watkins helps our team win more then Robinson will. I can't get on board with drafting a player at #2 because "he can play OG" in a worst-case scenario. We can draft Jackson or Richburg or a player like that in the 2nd (even if we gotta trade up, maybe we swap picks and throw in a WR Pettis or give another later pick). Plugging them in there will still make our line better, give us more weapons on offense and by drafting a safety at #13, not only does our defense get much better, he'll probably be a 10 year safety, which hopefully can lead us to multiple titles!

Not that I don't think Robinson can play OT in this league, but if he's maybe our tackle in 3 seasons from now, that's not helpful to me tbh.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Blue by old reliable but tough dude and who has seen some pretty darn good years with the Rams until the Queen Idiot got her mits on the club. After some major consultation with football people, she got herself and John Shaw/Jay Zygmunt to leave the football guys (Vermeil) to do their jobs and we got our third championship (the first Superbowl win in the modern era). We are now at another precupice and Snead and Fisher better come through and complete the RGIII bounty or we may be in the abyss for a LONG time to come. We shall know in a couple of days.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are exactly right about Robinson if we are going equal pass versus run, then Mathews is the better OT to get. Lets say for conversation that the Rams stay at 2 and pick Mack instead of Watkins, I am more on that train then with Watkins because it directly effects the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals. With Bradford, we can not win throwing the ball in this division with 2 Watkins. The defenses will take it away in the NFC West. The only way to win the division is to take time off the clock (run with purpose and score)and to make Wilson and Kap go 3 and out more than us. I don't have a problem going Mack, HaHa, and then OG & OT &OLB &QB if Fisher thinks Long and Barksdale can do the job with Saffold and Jones at center, but I just think Barksdale is better suited for a backup. Also I look at Long long term and at #2 and #13 we may not have an chance to get a 10 year all pro in the next few drafts unless we go 3-13 again.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are exactly right about Robinson if we are going equal pass versus run, then Mathews is the better OT to get. Lets say for conversation that the Rams stay at 2 and pick Mack instead of Watkins, I am more on that train then with Watkins because it directly effects the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals. With Bradford, we can not win throwing the ball in this division with 2 Watkins. The defenses will take it away in the NFC West. The only way to win the division is to take time off the clock (run with purpose and score)and to make Wilson and Kap go 3 and out more than us. I don't have a problem going Mack, HaHa, and then OG & OT &OLB &QB if Fisher thinks Long and Barksdale can do the job with Saffold and Jones at center, but I just think Barksdale is better suited for a backup. Also I look at Long long term and at #2 and #13 we may not have an chance to get a 10 year all pro in the next few drafts unless we go 3-13 again.

I agree 100% about your defensive point. That's why I think Safety is a MUST at #13. At #2, I think Mack makes much more of an impact starting on the defense than Robinson does at #2. Even drafting Mathews at #2, I think the issue with our offensive line is, while Barksdale may be better suited as a backup, he's the best backup any team would really have. At this current time, sending him to the bench, doesn't really bring our team to the next level this year. Starting Mack and having a very very good LB corp, already good DL, and a young and upcoming defensive backfield (with a new safety, who can ball!) Our defense is approaching top five status! It depends on how the team develops this off season, I think Brockers will be a much better player and I think the CBs will also get a lot better this off season.

Then in round two after getting two difference makers (with Watkins or Mack and then Dix) we grab that OG that fits the team better, will have a less learning curve (because they actually play OG) and plug him in, bump Wells to the bench/cut/trade and then put Jones in the center. Now maybe next year after another year of growth (hopefully all goes well for Bradford and he takes the steps needed to be the long term starter) we can move our focus to getting Bradford that last tackle (either through FA or the next draft) but for this year, I think we need to ignore OT as a choice at pick #2.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don't have a problem at all with Mack at #2 and FS at #13. I also agree that both Mathews and Robinson are a reach at #2 but my only point is that running the ball versus Bradford throwing it all over is a better way to go. All we have seen from Bradford is a decent QB, not good QB and I don't think that will change with Watkins or even Jerry Rice in his day. All we want from Bradford is to manage the game, hand the ball off, hit some passes to open up the lanes again and help the team reach the playoffs. I don't care who it is on the line as long as it works but to say that someone later in the draft can make the same impact as someone at the top of the draft, is suspect. I think Mathews, Robinson or Lewan are quite a bit better than down the road but I also don't know of every tackle in the draft also. I just want us to be able to run it down the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals throats.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE running the ball. Not sure how much I trust Stacey though, do you think they'll consider using a pick on a RB in the early rounds.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will try again to get Pead involved and Cunningham but I can see them taking a stud FB to even open the holes bigger, probably 5th, 6th ot 7th round. I think Fisher is committed to the run which I agree with but who on the line and his past history drafting Olinemen is a question I can't answer. I just want him to get the line right in this draft so we can makes some strides and next year look for that QB for the next few years if this one doesn't produce it.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I live in NJ and my friends (Giant, Jet, and Eagle fans) complement Stacey the most of the players on the Rams so I hope he breaks out, but yeah its just not solid.

I think in the 2nd round we can still solve our O-line problems, a rookie is only going to make so much of an impact.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, the Rams already have 9 WR's on the roster. You don't sign guys just to cut them. There already spots taken with Tavon, Bailey, Givens, Quick, and Britt who are guaranteed to make the team. That only leaves room for 1 more, maybe 2 more guys. I wouldn't be too shocked to see the Rams not go WR at all in this draft.
Hey mutigers1fan, I hope Britt makes the team however I'm not quite ready, at this point, to say he's guaranteed to make the team.

I can only imagine a balanced attack with a WR Corp of Watkins, Austin, Givens, Bailey, Pettis, Quick & Britt!

So there's your 5 plus one or two more. I'm not holding a spot for Blake, Moe or Veltug if we can add Watkins to the corp. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: