• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take aways from the first two games

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

1) Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril
- It was amazing to see these two wreck havoc against a 49er oline that is considered one of the best in the league. This pass rush is already starting to look good...now imagine when Clemons and Irvin comes back. Also Schofield has been really solid in his limited play.

2) Walter Thurmond
- Thurmond being able to step up and solidifying himself as a legitimate starting cb in the league gives us so much flexibility when Browner comes back. Now we can use Browner to match up with physical wrs and tes and have Thurmond match up with the more speedy wrs (who Browner usually gets burned by)

3) James Carpenter
- Finally got the chance to rewatch the game again last night and wow what a great job Carpenter did run blocking after Okung went out. That first td that Marshawn has was really Carpenter just pushing his man back and opening up an alley for beast mode to juke through

Concerns

1) WRs getting open
- All of our guys from Rice, Tate, Baldwin and even now Kearse...they're all guys that can go up there and make a play. However, the issue still remains and that's we can't consistently get open. Completions down the field have usually come from broken coverages or broken plays when Russell is scrambling around and disorienting the defense

2) Pass Protection
- Losing Okung is going to hurt. Our pass protection for both games have been very poor. Russell has had to run for his life. On some plays though it's been Russell's fault not feeling out the pocket better but for the most part we have to protect him better

All in all being 2-0...having beat the 49ers already...and gaining that momentum is great...but a lot of people don't realize that we have yet to peak yet. We still have Clemons coming back, Browner, Irvin and Percy as well (maybe Mrob too *fingers crossed). Our team is going to be mighty dangerous as the season progresses

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent and I think fairly balanced.

I am hoping the Okung injury is a blessing in disguise. Yes, I would rather have him, but this may help RW get that clock going again. From what I saw in the pre-season and the first game it appeared fairly intentional on RW's part to remain in the pocket. I am thinking that is something he wanted to improve on and hoped the O-line would be better. After Okung went down and he got sacked a couple times, he got that quick clock going again in his head and, for him, I think it is a good thing. Maybe the team doesn't want him running around and exposing himself to a hit, but he is so good at keeping his eyes downfield and throwing a strike. Combine that with our receivers not being able to get some space on their normal route, and you get those beautiful plays like the one to Baldwin. The corners just cannot cover that long and once the "known" route is over, they have no idea where the receiver is going.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the most surprising Seahawks stat of the year so far is through the first 2 weeks, Jermaine Kearse and Marshawn Lynch are tied for the team lead in receiving TDs.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I want to see in the Jac game

1. Fast start FROM Wilson, something like 6/10 passing would be nice.
2. The same tough D that faced the 49ners. Mainly no let down in force or emotion (which is going to be hard, it's easy to see Jac as weak and not have the same emotion going into the game. Which is why I'm thankful this game is in Seattle, would be much harder if this was a road game. Hear one "expert" claim it was a bye week for Seattle, and that's how better teams lose to weak teams)
3.I want to see Luke and see if he's healthy or if the TE spot is going to be a problem throughout the season.
4. D line- Really want to see are guys get to the QB and wrap him up, Keap got away five or six times where we just fall off him mainly because he's a big guy and has the ability to move well in the pocket, something I don't think the Jac's have. I'm wanting 5 to 6 sacks, :drool: That would make my day.