• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T. Williams demanding a trade or new deal

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams thinks he has the leverage but he is wrong. If the Redskins don't want to trade him then he has to play to be paid.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams thinks he has the leverage but he is wrong. If the Redskins don't want to trade him then he has to play to be paid.
Exactly. Plus, the clock is running out on his career. He sits out a year (or 2) and his career may be all but over. Is that the way he really wants it to end?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets give it time and see what happens we havent heard from TW yet so we will see

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF and I repeat with a giant "IF" these reports are accurate, then Trent has been afforded plenty of time to think it through and come to the conclusion that he wants out. Now you and I might disagree on this but, from my perspective when there is a public pronouncement made, there's often very little that can alter or change the mind of the person making it. I do agree that there has to be some introspection concerning what's led to this and future correction made.

The silver lining about Williams possibly being kept, if Morgan Moses is correct, is that Moses states that it's league wide.
Yeah, I heard MM say that however, while making that statement, his words were likely more internal related and Moses should watch what he says. He is hurt EVERY game and requires medical attention it seems. The only team Williams has ever known, his down times (there were plenty) the team has stuck with him through, I just don't see him leaving. When will the FO resolve this situation with Trent? Why is it so hush-hush from the organization?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is hush hush with this organization.

When leadership is lacking, these are the cracks and fissures that show up, again, and again, and again, and again, and again......

(Schottenheimer mismanagement, Champ Bailey, Orakpo, McNabb, RG3, Cousins, Shanahan debacle, Zorn, Ol’ Ball Coach, the lb that we signed to three years last year, that is now on the eagles, the lb who talked shit in season, last season, etc.)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard MM say that however, while making that statement, his words were likely more internal related and Moses should watch what he says. He is hurt EVERY game and requires medical attention it seems. The only team Williams has ever known, his down times (there were plenty) the team has stuck with him through, I just don't see him leaving. When will the FO resolve this situation with Trent? Why is it so hush-hush from the organization?

Maybe this is a situation in which professional athletes who usually seek out 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th medical consultations are comparing what they are finding outside of the team's medical staff and finding the team care lacking. Morgan Moses would under that circumstance be able to confidently make that statement.

Does anyone doubt that there's internal pressures to get players back onto the field as quickly as possible? These aren't the days of that old rub some dirt on it and get back in there, or take the shot your team needs you, players are acutely aware that there's going to be life beyond the game. They've studied or heard about former players like Jim McMahon, Junior Seau, Kory Stringer, Reggie White, Thomas Herrion, Damien Nash, Gaines Adams, Kenny McKinley, and what we hope isn't true about Montez Sweat as he begins his career, because they don't want any of this for themselves.

Professional opinion: If any hint of this is true, then malpractice lawsuits and loss of license to practice will be the next blockbuster story hitting the NFL.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a situation in which professional athletes who usually seek out 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th medical consultations are comparing what they are finding outside of the team's medical staff and finding the team care lacking. Morgan Moses would under that circumstance be able to confidently make that statement.

Does anyone doubt that there's internal pressures to get players back onto the field as quickly as possible? These aren't the days of that old rub some dirt on it and get back in there, or take the shot your team needs you, players are acutely aware that there's going to be life beyond the game. They've studied or heard about former players like Jim McMahon, Junior Seau, Kory Stringer, Reggie White, Thomas Herrion, Damien Nash, Gaines Adams, Kenny McKinley, and what we hope isn't true about Montez Sweat as he begins his career, because they don't want any of this for themselves.

Professional opinion: If any hint of this is true, then malpractice lawsuits and loss of license to practice will be the next blockbuster story hitting the NFL.

It is not a new phenomenon that players go to their own doctors. So I can't buy into that scenario.

I saw someone say something about Moses being hurt all the time but he has played in every game since his second year. Kerrigan has played in every game for 8 years. These guys know the risks and still play. Cousin's did not miss a start in the past 4 years but McCoy can't string 3 games together. Three of those years Cousin's did not have a guaranteed contract beyond the current year. One of those years his contract was for $660,000.

IF Trent is upset about how he was handled by Redskin doctors we will have to wait to hear from him and/or the Redskins. If the Redskins handled the tumor in his head this off season and he is upset about that I would ask why did you let team physicians handle a non-football injury.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a new phenomenon that players go to their own doctors. So I can't buy into that scenario.

I saw someone say something about Moses being hurt all the time but he has played in every game since his second year. Kerrigan has played in every game for 8 years. These guys know the risks and still play. Cousin's did not miss a start in the past 4 years but McCoy can't string 3 games together. Three of those years Cousin's did not have a guaranteed contract beyond the current year. One of those years his contract was for $660,000.

IF Trent is upset about how he was handled by Redskin doctors we will have to wait to hear from him and/or the Redskins. If the Redskins handled the tumor in his head this off season and he is upset about that I would ask why did you let team physicians handle a non-football injury.

Why can't you "buy into that scenario" when you agree that it has been a long standing practice for players to have their own physicians?

Isn't it conceivable that Moses is expressing that very comparison in what he said about this? Isn't it conceivable that there are pressures placed on these players to return to the game quickly, and reasonably in a time frame that their private physician(s) deem risky while team doctors are greenlighting the same?

Isn't it possible that the nature of these injuries accounts for the differences that you've outlined with respect to Moses, Kerrigan, Cousins and McCoy? Isn't it reasonable that Trent isn't upset about "how he was handled" at all but the inconsistencies ( and therefore mistrust) noted between team doctors in comparison to others?

So what is it that you "can't buy?"

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These aren't the days of that old rub some dirt on it and get back in there, or take the shot your team needs you, players are acutely aware that there's going to be life beyond the game. They've studied or heard about former players like Jim McMahon, Junior Seau, Kory Stringer, Reggie White, Thomas Herrion, Damien Nash, Gaines Adams, Kenny McKinley, and what we hope isn't true about Montez Sweat as he begins his career, because they don't want any of this for themselves.

Lots of things are conceivable. I was referring to "not the old days" It depends on the player whether it is not the old days. That is true for some players and not for others.

What would Trent have to mistrust as compared to guys who play all the time? Every person is their own person.

I also talked about Trent's tumor. Who did the medical on that. It is a rumor so I won't give it anymore credence than that but if he went to the Redskins physicians don't you think that was kind of silly? That wasn't a football or sports related injury.

Anyhow, I am off to the beach for a week. Have a good week. :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and to be honest it should be sty good post

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Plus, the clock is running out on his career. He sits out a year (or 2) and his career may be all but over. Is that the way he really wants it to end?

Yep & he certainly doesn't appear to be the type of player who would be happy sitting around while relatively healthy. I could see that driving him up a wall. We need to wait for a while to see if TW has a different take or if perhaps a little more $$ changes his mind somewhat.

The national media is jumping to all types of conclusions on this one since it is a slow news time for the NFL. They already have him being traded for this guy & that guy. It really makes no sense to get rid of him now since they are don't have good replacement options rt now. Hopefully they work things out.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These aren't the days of that old rub some dirt on it and get back in there, or take the shot your team needs you, players are acutely aware that there's going to be life beyond the game. They've studied or heard about former players like Jim McMahon, Junior Seau, Kory Stringer, Reggie White, Thomas Herrion, Damien Nash, Gaines Adams, Kenny McKinley, and what we hope isn't true about Montez Sweat as he begins his career, because they don't want any of this for themselves.

Lots of things are conceivable. I was referring to "not the old days" It depends on the player whether it is not the old days. That is true for some players and not for others.

What would Trent have to mistrust as compared to guys who play all the time? Every person is their own person.

I also talked about Trent's tumor. Who did the medical on that. It is a rumor so I won't give it anymore credence than that but if he went to the Redskins physicians don't you think that was kind of silly? That wasn't a football or sports related injury.

Anyhow, I am off to the beach for a week. Have a good week. :suds:

:suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that article pretty makes it clear that Williams will play for the Skins next season & I would agree. All of the other options are long shots. Again - I don't see Williams as the type of player who could sit all or most of the season & a favorable trade for the Skins is not likely (& as article states - no way in hell he is cut). I hope that they work it out (& address Williams' concerns somewhat) & feel confident they will.