• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T. Williams demanding a trade or new deal

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Trent’s deal is that the contract that he signed a few years back, not only made him the highest paid Olineman in the league, but was front end loaded. Which means that he got paid the bulk of his contract the first few years and the last 2 the money tapered off a bit. So one might look at what he is being paid this year and next and say he is not being paid fairly. First, he knew this was going to happen. Second, you can’t took at a single annual amount and fairly evaluate his compensation.

I agree!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because this isnt about money for TW. It cant be.

Its about Bruce Allen and the medical staff.

Trading TW for a haul should be what the skins should do NOW, when his value is still high.

They can go 8-8 plus or minus a few games with or without TW.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt the offer has merit at all because the dolphins would have taken that deal

I agree because the media has Clowney going everywhere with Seattle being mentioned quite a bit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting to watch this take on Williams from a non-football fan (even though this guy is off on some things). This really makes me miss him. I hope that they sort this out one or another relatively soon & this doesn't linger for most/all of the season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Redskins Actually Do the Right Thing Regarding the Trent Williams Situation?

again an unnamed source which are sketchy at best and flat wrong at worst
I think that you and I feel the same about "unnamed" sources. Their message is worth nothing.

But lets play along and say it is true. Then what the fuck is Williams angling for? I still don't believe it is about money. Is his gripe with the Front Office (i.e., Allen) and the front office came up with this message that TW is upset with the medical staff? Would that be so hard to believe that Allen is covering his own ass?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I just read from Hall & others it sounds like both Allen & Williams are being relatively reasonable & are being pretty civil with each other. The media always portrays these things as extreme situations where one or both parties hate each other. This sounds very far from the truth in this situation (likely in many situations). This is done to appease fans & grab more viewers or clicks.

Based on the reports it sounds like Williams is looking from some assurance of changes with the training/medical staff but not something extreme like firing people (he apparently said as much). This is encouraging (certainly more than say a few days ago). I am hoping that this gets wrapped up within the next several weeks. We will see.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Trent, let's go have ourselves a season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when it happens i will believe it . we really havent heard from trent at all so lets get his side

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven’t heard trents side on this the whole time . He deserves to be heard

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to Erin on way home from WV yesterday. She reported that when Trent found out that his issue might be more serious than originally thought Dan sent and paid for him to go to the best doctor in that field.

One thing I have said is "we have not heard anything from Trent." dad has often said that the media runs with these things and fans the flames.

It may workout and it may not but probably most of what we have heard is half truths at best.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude wants his cash. That's where I'm at with this right now. This coming from a guy who had Trent's back at first.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez. DHall makes one comment and now trent is coming back. I don't buy it. I'd bet DHall doesn't really know shit. It was probably an off the cuff remark. But as usual, the press over reacts and we fall hook, line and sinker.

If the Medical thing and Trent went the way that Allen has portrayed it, this would already be solved. He said he asked who to fire.......if Trent didn't want anyone to lose their jobs, then did Allen ask him what changes Trent wanted? If so, why the fuck hasn't he made them? He was willing to fire anyone, so why wouldn't he also be as open to making the changes?

This smells rotten......didn't Allen also say that the whole Cousins thing was under control and he would be in burgundy and gold for a long time? Even after it was made known by KC's camp that he wanted out? No, this is a Bruce Allen cover your ass story, just like the ones he told us about cousins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you and I both have been preaching this for quite awhile.

Absolutely & that being the case let's just cheer whoever is on the field on Sunday (which obviously won't include Williams at that time). There may be issues, but there may also be some positives. Nobody knows at this time & to draw major conclusions based on preseason is laughable.

HTTR - will be cheering them on vs. Eagles & moving fwd regardless of what happens in week 1.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams Rumors: Redskins LT to Continue Holdout, Sit vs. Eagles in Week 1

Love this stupid report. They are reporting that TW will not play on Sun & that he didn't show up for practice on Wed. LOL - who the hell said that either of these were even a remote possibility? As a matter of fact multiple sources stated that he would definitely not suit up on Sun & where the hell did they get the idea that he would be at practice today? "Sooner rather than later" doesn't mean ASAP. The media is just full of idiots.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this guy in there, come on people!