• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T. Williams demanding a trade or new deal

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s just dumb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be the case . Drafting a LT could be in the cards

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benching AP likely didn't help the situation

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benching AP likely didn't help the situation

i doubt it had any effect at all , TW said he was done with this team , so we might see him week 10 to get a season vested

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Redskins would wait for week 10, to get TW to produce half-efforts is beyond me.

If he is truly done with the Redskins, then the best move they could do is to trade him as soon as possible for a haul at least as good as the bounty the texans gave up for the lesser Miami tackle.

Holding on to him so that he can tiptoe through six games is the stupidest decision the Redskins could make, and therefor also the most likely outcome.

#thatssoredskins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Redskins would wait for week 10, to get TW to produce half-efforts is beyond me.

If he is truly done with the Redskins, then the best move they could do is to trade him as soon as possible for a haul at least as good as the bounty the texans gave up for the lesser Miami tackle.

Holding on to him so that he can tiptoe through six games is the stupidest decision the Redskins could make, and therefor also the most likely outcome.

#thatssoredskins

perhaps the market isnt so good right now

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt it had any effect at all , TW said he was done with this team , so we might see him week 10 to get a season vested
"If" TW stays out until week 10, do you play him when he returns?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did TW really say that or did some of his spokesmen say that?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did TW really say that or did some of his spokesmen say that?
Spokesman , he hasn’t commented on his hold out at all

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spokesman , he hasn’t commented on his hold out at all
I think it’s safe to assume he said it, given the situation we are in with him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Texans off the board and the Pat's looking like they don't need anything, I think I might pay Trent. He's a very good player that we drafted. Let's take care of him so we dont have to go into next year's draft looking for a LT when we have a top 5 LT on the roster.

I'm mad a Trent for pulling this stunt, but dude can play, give him some guaranteed money and be done with it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Texans off the board and the Pat's looking like they don't need anything, I think I might pay Trent. He's a very good player that we drafted. Let's take care of him so we dont have to go into next year's draft looking for a LT when we have a top 5 LT on the roster.

I'm mad a Trent for pulling this stunt, but dude can play, give him some guaranteed money and be done with it.

it might not be about money at all . until we hear from the horse mouth we wont know

i do know this if he is on that didnt report list then its as if he has 3 years left on his contract hence game 10 is the key . if he comes back the year of the contract counts , if not then he still has 2 yrs

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might not be about money at all . until we hear from the horse mouth we wont know

i do know this if he is on that didnt report list then its as if he has 3 years left on his contract hence game 10 is the key . if he comes back the year of the contract counts , if not then he still has 2 yrs

What we do know is this is just another distraction and with our injuries already starting to mount and our lack of depth in key positions this is not a pretty picture.

I agree with you, we don't know what it's all about until we hear from the man himself.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is he asking for? It's not money. How do you pay someone that doesn't want to work for you anymore? Think about that. You have an employee who hates working for you, but you would like to keep him/her. Does more money do the trick? Maybe for a short while, but the reasons why they hate working for you are still there. They won't be as productive as they should. All you have now is a underperforming, more expensive locker room malcontent. I'll pass.

Trade him as the trade deadline nears. That is when he has his most value. At that point, injuries will have hit to some key teams that think they might be able to get on a playoff run.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that because D Hall spoke with him and said it's not about the money, but money could help things. Then it is about the money. I agree, we dont know anything for sure until we hear directly from him.

Now I dont believe anything Bruce Allen says, but he supposedly asked him who he wanted fired and it's done, and Trent balked.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he asking for? It's not money. How do you pay someone that doesn't want to work for you anymore? Think about that. You have an employee who hates working for you, but you would like to keep him/her. Does more money do the trick? Maybe for a short while, but the reasons why they hate working for you are still there. They won't be as productive as they should. All you have now is a underperforming, more expensive locker room malcontent. I'll pass.

Trade him as the trade deadline nears. That is when he has his most value. At that point, injuries will have hit to some key teams that think they might be able to get on a playoff run.

That is the question j_y what is he asking for? Your position seems to indicate that you/we know. I would argue that point. Trent or his agent have not said a thing.

Guice just tore his meniscus. Word has it would have healed and he would be back in 6-8 weeks. Guice went to Dr. Andrews who said he would recommend surgery to ensure it healed well. HOLY SHIT!! He went for a 2nd opinion.

If Trent is upset that a sports medicine doctors recommendation (a rumor/story at this point) why didn't he seek a 2nd opinion? Erin Hawksworth has reported that Dan sent Trent to the best doctor for his condition once the tumor was diagnosed.

Trent has been well compensated here. In return he often played hurt. When you sign a long term contract you are going to slide down the scale as time goes by.

I can't give him a pass for his actions whatever they might be. If he indeed doesn't want to play here ever again then I have no problem with trading him for decent compensation. Allen's history suggests he will bungle this like he did KC, AS and several others.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the question j_y what is he asking for? Your position seems to indicate that you/we know. I would argue that point. Trent or his agent have not said a thing.

Guice just tore his meniscus. Word has it would have healed and he would be back in 6-8 weeks. Guice went to Dr. Andrews who said he would recommend surgery to ensure it healed well. HOLY SHIT!! He went for a 2nd opinion.

If Trent is upset that a sports medicine doctors recommendation (a rumor/story at this point) why didn't he seek a 2nd opinion? Erin Hawksworth has reported that Dan sent Trent to the best doctor for his condition once the tumor was diagnosed.

Trent has been well compensated here. In return he often played hurt. When you sign a long term contract you are going to slide down the scale as time goes by.

I can't give him a pass for his actions whatever they might be. If he indeed doesn't want to play here ever again then I have no problem with trading him for decent compensation. Allen's history suggests he will bungle this like he did KC, AS and several others.
You are right, none of us know what Trent wants. But given that he has shunned all talk with the franchise and has made no attempts to try and come in, its probably safe to assume that the rumors that he wants out are most likely accurate. Why he wants out is another matter. You are again right that if his issue is medical related, then TW has equal, if not more, responsibility for his medical care. Second opinions is just one of the avenues that he should have explored. At the end of the day, our bodies are our responsibility, doctors are just one of the tools we should use to ensure we are handling our medical issues appropriately.

I will say this, if he used the medical staff as a potential bargaining chip to get more money, then he is a slime ball. We will know this if he does in fact sign a new deal and report. Then it was about money. But I don't see that happening at this point.