• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T. Williams demanding a trade or new deal

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might be time to get what you can get and move on. We're in the middle of a rebuild anyway.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too but i watched the BA interview and he is his old smug self

What I don't understand is why TW won't just man up and speak directly to us with his own lips about all of his griefs. Maybe his agent has told him to keep his mouth shut for more leverage, I don't know.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is why TW won't just man up and speak directly to us with his own lips about all of his griefs. Maybe his agent has told him to keep his mouth shut for more leverage, I don't know.
What could he possibly say other than Bruce Allen is an idiot? Trent doesn't want to be here. Everybody who has spoken to him has said this. He is not going to play for us. What Bruce is waiting for is what? Maybe he could get the Colts to trade Andrew Luck to us straight up?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if this were about money, this would already have been resolved. If Trent's concern is money, he stands to lose potentially much more than he can gain by sitting out 2 years. And I'm not talking about just salary loss. Remember, if he sits out 2 years, and then wants to come back, the Redskins still have him under contract. He ain't going anywhere except retirement, if the front office so desires. Or to some last place you don't want to be as your career winds down town....Buffalo comes to mind. Trent, is Buffalo a good place to watch your career wind down in to oblivion all for a few extra million?

No, its not. And that's why its not about money. Trent sees Buffalo as an upgrade to us. He wants out. Damn, what does that tell you about us?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its his agent

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could he possibly say other than Bruce Allen is an idiot? Trent doesn't want to be here. Everybody who has spoken to him has said this. He is not going to play for us. What Bruce is waiting for is what? Maybe he could get the Colts to trade Andrew Luck to us straight up?

So, at this point, what does Trent have to lose by speaking for himself to tell us all that Bruce Allen is an idiot since this is not a hidden secret to the entire NFL? If Trent doesn't want to be here why can't he tell us that rather than all the people he has spoken to?

Do you remember just a little over a year ago when Trent looked so happy in interviews telling us that he was looking so forward to blocking for his Oklahoma Sooners buddy AP? I remember those interviews well but wow how things have changed.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, at this point, what does Trent have to lose by speaking for himself to tell us all that Bruce Allen is an idiot since this is not a hidden secret to the entire NFL? If Trent doesn't want to be here why can't he tell us that rather than all the people he has spoken to?

Do you remember just a little over a year ago when Trent looked so happy in interviews telling us that he was looking so forward to blocking for his Oklahoma Sooners buddy AP? I remember those interviews well but wow how things have changed.
What does he have to win by taking his beef public? At best, it looks unprofessional to other teams. Trent is not negotiating with the fans, but with the Redskins Front Office. If i am him and I truly don’t want to be here, money not withstanding, I do exactly what he is. Tell them to trade me and don’t answer any calls from the team to discuss anything other than a trade.

It’s pretty clear to me what Trent wants.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does he have to win by taking his beef public? At best, it looks unprofessional to other teams. Trent is not negotiating with the fans, but with the Redskins Front Office. If i am him and I truly don’t want to be here, money not withstanding, I do exactly what he is. Tell them to trade me and don’t answer any calls from the team to discuss anything other than a trade.

It’s pretty clear to me what Trent wants.

I understand your point even though it appears to me that Trent has been acting unprofessional throughout this entire matter.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point even though it appears to me that Trent has been acting unprofessional throughout this entire matter.
Oh, I agree with that. He is under contract. A contract that he willingly signed. A commitment, if you will. Live up to your commitments. If more people did that, we would have way less issues in this world.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the texans offer Clowney, a first, and another pick to the redskins for TW, then bruce Allen should take that deal in a new york minute.

If they can lower the value of the second draft pick, and also include a olineman of some value, that would be even better.

Clowney is not a need, and he’s a one year rental, but he also makes the best part of the redskins even better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney with a first? sign me up

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'd take a first and bologna sandwich at this point. Clowney is just icing on the cake. Maybe you can turn around and trade Clowney again for another high pick?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with that. He is under contract. A contract that he willingly signed. A commitment, if you will. Live up to your commitments. If more people did that, we would have way less issues in this world.

Amen Brother! And just to add to how self-centered Trent has acted, I'm not even sure he cares about how he has affected the lives of others such as Redskins management, coaches, and players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt the offer has merit at all because the dolphins would have taken that deal

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen Brother! And just to add to how self-centered Trent has acted, I'm not even sure he cares about how he has affected the lives of others such as Redskins management, coaches, and players.
The thing about Trent’s deal is that the contract that he signed a few years back, not only made him the highest paid Olineman in the league, but was front end loaded. Which means that he got paid the bulk of his contract the first few years and the last 2 the money tapered off a bit. So one might look at what he is being paid this year and next and say he is not being paid fairly. First, he knew this was going to happen. Second, you can’t took at a single annual amount and fairly evaluate his compensation.