• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse / Pitt Wed. nite

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a long time last nite you were thinkin my prediction was gonna come true! I was positive 'Cuse was going down. Oh well so much for getting the 1st loss out of the way.

I'll be honest, I didn't think Pitt was going to win until there were 4.4 seconds on the clock. I was rooting for them so we could get the #1 ranking back but they spent the whole game passing back and forth above the 3 point line that I wanted to choke somebody. They did the FT line to low post thing successfully every time they tried, and for some reason only did it like 5 times. It was an awful coaching performance the whole game, and the only reason they were in it was because Lamar Patterson hit some NBA 3's and Syracuse's offense was downright bad for 36 minutes.

I still can't see Pitt making any noise in the tourney, and with the right matchup I will likely pick them to lose their 6/11 or 5/12 or 4/13 1st round game.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look; I've read enough shit on how bad these two teams played....Those of you stating that obviously don't get it. There are just some teams that have another's number. Pitt has Syracuse's number. Over the years, mediocre Pitt teams play Syracuse tough and often win. Syracuse has not had a Tyler Ennis for a long time and a good point guard is what makes Syracuse a better team than they have had in the past. I thought Pitt played WAY over their head and played with every fiber of their physical ability. I think we all know a mediocre team at home that is inspired can beat an excellent team. Pitt knows how to attack the Syracuse zone. They have only played against Boeheim's team 50 plus times. Calling time out was just fine for Pitt. The point is to tell the kids not to foul,make Syracuse start the clock immediately on the inbound and keep the Syracuse players in front. Had Ennis not made that prayer of a shot, you same nay sayers would be singing the Pitt Coach's praises. It is what it is folks; a mediocre team playing an inspired game and could have, possibly should have won.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said rune. On the time out, Coach JB said he wanted Grant to hit fair on a streak pattern, but he was guarded to heavily so he had to dump it to ennis. Ennis getting the inbound was plan b but ennis was supposed to get the ball to Cooney for the jumper....but Ennis said Cooney was guarded so he took the only thing that was left.

Call the time out and lose you're an idiot. Don't call the TO and allow a player to go end to end and you're an idiot.

Win with either call and your a God. Fans are rough.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look; I've read enough shit on how bad these two teams played....Those of you stating that obviously don't get it. There are just some teams that have another's number. Pitt has Syracuse's number. Over the years, mediocre Pitt teams play Syracuse tough and often win. Syracuse has not had a Tyler Ennis for a long time and a good point guard is what makes Syracuse a better team than they have had in the past. I thought Pitt played WAY over their head and played with every fiber of their physical ability. I think we all know a mediocre team at home that is inspired can beat an excellent team. Pitt knows how to attack the Syracuse zone. They have only played against Boeheim's team 50 plus times. Calling time out was just fine for Pitt. The point is to tell the kids not to foul,make Syracuse start the clock immediately on the inbound and keep the Syracuse players in front. Had Ennis not made that prayer of a shot, you same nay sayers would be singing the Pitt Coach's praises. It is what it is folks; a mediocre team playing an inspired game and could have, possibly should have won.

THIS is the point I was trying to make when I started this whole thing. Jamie Dixon is taking a beating here after having a very good record against 'Cuse over the yrs when his team is the underdog almost every time. His record in the Dome is better than anyone today I bet. If Ennis misses that shot all anyone talks about today is how Dixon has SU's # and can coach against this zone like no one. Instead a kid makes a 35' shot and Dixon is a dope. Pitt played hard last nite just like they always do against SU. No doubt in my mind they expected to win that game before it even started. They were a 2pt fave so there were certainly others who thought they would win also. Anyway it's over and 'Cuse is still undefeated and certainly the best team in the country today.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said rune. On the time out, Coach JB said he wanted Grant to hit fair on a streak pattern, but he was guarded to heavily so he had to dump it to ennis. Ennis getting the inbound was plan b but ennis was supposed to get the ball to Cooney for the jumper....but Ennis said Cooney was guarded so he took the only thing that was left.

Call the time out and lose you're an idiot. Don't call the TO and allow a player to go end to end and you're an idiot.

Win with either call and your a God. Fans are rough.

They are rough and I can tell you if Pitt loses that game and Dixon has a TO in his pocket he would be crucified. Early in Boeheim's career he lost these games constantly and with multiple TO's in his pocket. People wanted to run him out of town for yrs becuz of it. Dixon did the right thing IMO. What happened doesn't happen very often.