• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse / Pitt Wed. nite

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure cost them this one. If they do that in the tourney instead of attacking the basket much sooner they will get an early out.

And when I say all year, I mean his entire tenure at Pitt. Too conservative in the crunch of offense.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish unc-duke didn't canceled now. im itching for a big game. this Stanford-Washington game aint going to do it. hopefully auburn hangs around

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon should not have called a TO, and they should have not let the ball get all the way down court in less than 4 seconds. Bad coaching move, and horrible defense.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when I say all year, I mean his entire tenure at Pitt. Too conservative in the crunch of offense.

I sure hope he learned his lesson tonight for the Pitt fans' sake. That is why the Falcons always used to suck, playing not to lose instead of playing to win for the entire game.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon should not have called a TO, and they should have not let the ball get all the way down court in less than 4 seconds. Bad coaching move, and horrible defense.

Eh, he still made a 35 foot leaner to win, that goes in how often? 5% maybe?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was bruce webers problem at Illinois too. once Williams/dee brown/lucas head combo left he didn't look so smart

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope he learned his lesson tonight for the Pitt fans' sake. That is why the Falcons always used to suck, playing not to lose instead of playing to win for the entire game.

Doubt it, but it only takes on time to learn your lesson, here's hoping.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of like a "prevent" defense. Prevented from winning.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do coaches do these things? You are winning an entire game and then at the end you want to change tactics? How stupid are these people?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Cuse team unbeatable? Can anybody play against these guys better than Pitt just did?

Haha props to Syracuse for the win but they're definitely beatable. Their offense is mediocre at best IMO. They don't beat teams with their offense, they do it with their defense. I think if they played a team that attacked the middle consistently they could expose the zone but until that happens, Syracuse is the team to beat.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like a "prevent" defense. Prevented from winning.

every sport does it and I don't understand it. basketball they run the clock down, ftball they sit 20 yds off the ball, hockey they dump the puck and let the team t off on them. you would think one of these brilliant coaches would come up with something smarter

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to SU, Great game

but
asdlkfjlK:AJLKJ@:LKJRE>:(LKJL:KJGFEADg;lsadfjsa;lkjgdfadl;jsk!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st point, agree, second point, ????

That was EXACTLY the defense you want to play in that situation. Make it tough, keep him in front, force him to take a 35 foot leaner. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat, this is one of those times

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Cuse team unbeatable? Can anybody play against these guys better than Pitt just did?

This was a pretty awful performance by both teams. You really are going to commend Pitt just because they almost won?

If anything this makes 'Cuse look entirely beatable, and it's unlikely they can win 3 games against tough competition in the tourney if their offense looks like that.

I think they will figure it out, but if they don't it will bite then eventually

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st point, agree, second point, ????

That was EXACTLY the defense you want to play in that situation. Make it tough, keep him in front, force him to take a 35 foot leaner. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat, this is one of those times

I definitely tip my hat, it was the first thing I wrote after the shot. But I have to believe that they could have had better containment than that, with two guys on him. He outran one guy who put a hand up as an afterthought, and the original guy guarding him out-ran him. I really just don't think that they made it all that tough on him. He just ran down the court and took a much more open of a shot than he should have had with two guys on him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha props to Syracuse for the win but they're definitely beatable. Their offense is mediocre at best IMO. They don't beat teams with their offense, they do it with their defense. I think if they played a team that attacked the middle consistently they could expose the zone but until that happens, Syracuse is the team to beat.

:hurt:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to SU, Great game

but
asdlkfjlK:AJLKJ@:LKJRE>:(LKJL:KJGFEADg;lsadfjsa;lkjgdfadl;jsk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man....High five to you. I've read some shit tonight and that's the first post that said what I would have said.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told you guys the other day Ennis needs to shoot more. LOL. Great teams win games like this. Great teams can play lousy games and win against real good teams on the road. We can all pick apart 'Cuse and who thinks how they can be beat. Better basketball minds than are on this board have tried 24 times and have failed 24 times. Syracuse is a great team. Yes they have weaknesses like all teams but they know how to win and believe they can beat anyone. This is what separates them from the rest.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told you guys the other day Ennis needs to shoot more. LOL. Great teams win games like this. Great teams can play lousy games and win against real good teams on the road. We can all pick apart 'Cuse and who thinks how they can be beat. Better basketball minds than are on this board have tried 24 times and have failed 24 times. Syracuse is a great team. Yes they have weaknesses like all teams but they know how to win and believe they can beat anyone. This is what separates them from the rest.

Well, this and a foot injury :(

But well said, I can't argue with you there.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this and a foot injury :(

But well said, I can't argue with you there.

for a long time last nite you were thinkin my prediction was gonna come true! I was positive 'Cuse was going down. Oh well so much for getting the 1st loss out of the way.