• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse / Pitt Wed. nite

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS is the game I've had circled. This is when I believe SU loses their 1st game. They can't go undefeated and the sooner they get a loss under their belt the better. Pitt is always a problem for SU and Wed. nite that place is going to be nuts. So I'm on the record - Pitt wins by at least 6 . Let's see what happens.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt is tough at home and Pitt has had Syracuse's number for quite awhile. This Syracuse team is a little different as they still have great size, however they now have a point guard(Ennis) who knows what he is doing. If Cooney continues to shoot well from the outside, this game could get ugly early. I don't see that happening. I see a close game early and the Syracuse depth and strength too much down the stretch...Syracuse by 8ish.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Pitt has played poorly since they lost at the Dome. Something about that game rattled them, and 'Cuse has been able to coast for a little bit but will be geared UP for this one. I think 'Cuse stays unbeaten. Their first loss will be @ Cameron or @ UVA (both of those teams are far better than Pitt IMO)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Patterson is hurt, he went 1-10 from the field the other day with about 5 airballs, could barely dribble, if he isn't healthy, Cuse wins by 10+.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Pitt has played poorly since they lost at the Dome. Something about that game rattled them, and 'Cuse has been able to coast for a little bit but will be geared UP for this one. I think 'Cuse stays unbeaten. Their first loss will be @ Cameron or @ UVA (both of those teams are far better than Pitt IMO)

They are really missing Durand Johnson, can't fake a 6-7 SF that can shoot threes. Pitts a small team in general, but losing his length at that spot was tough, along with the scoring.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup; I don't think Syracuse gets by Duke and as you said, Virginia is playing good ball.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup; I don't think Syracuse gets by Duke and as you said, Virginia is playing good ball.

I'm surprised at how lousy Pitt has played lately. Which got me thinking even more so they're ready to turn it around. Who knows? All I know is everytime SU plays Pitt I end up throwing something.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt by 5 but I hope I am wrong. Ennis needs to take the ball to the rim more then he has been.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt by 5 but I hope I am wrong. Ennis needs to take the ball to the rim more then he has been.

Ennis needs to be a little more selfish IMO. The kid can score and probably score a lot. I know that isn't his job but I don't see the point in spending the whole nite trying to get someone else going. He's a good player and a good PG for sure. I just wish he'd be a little more aggressive in not only taking the ball to the hole but also hoisting a few more springers.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Cuse gets by Duke simply becuz Duke can not play a game like they played in Syracuse again. It's impossible. If they play a typical type game and SU does the same then this is a Syracuse win no doubt.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cuse gets by Duke simply becuz Duke can not play a game like they played in Syracuse again. It's impossible. If they play a typical type game and SU does the same then this is a Syracuse win no doubt.

Sorry dude, but Duke is SO much better than Pitt, and their home court advantage is a LOT better as well. Why in the world would you think that 'Cuse, who barely escaped Duke @ home, would have a better chance of winning there than @ Pitt?

Makes no sense, and I think you are very much forgetting how well 'Cuse had to play to beat Duke. That was 'Cuse's best offensive performance of the season, and they won by 2 in OT.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, but Duke is SO much better than Pitt, and their home court advantage is a LOT better as well. Why in the world would you think that 'Cuse, who barely escaped Duke @ home, would have a better chance of winning there than @ Pitt?

Makes no sense, and I think you are very much forgetting how well 'Cuse had to play to beat Duke. That was 'Cuse's best offensive performance of the season, and they won by 2 in OT.

I'm simply going by history. Pitt has a very good record against SU in recent yrs both at home and away. I certainly don't believe Pitt is better than Duke , but I believe Pitt is a tougher opponent for SU. I'm not trying to knock Duke ,I'm just pointing out Pitt is historically a tough game for Cuse. Jamie Dixon has coached against the zone for a while and has had success with his approach to scoring against this zone. Duke simply doesn't have the history is all. Yes SU barely escaped with a win against Duke at home but I don't believe they played a great game. They scored a lot of points but that doesn't mean they played great. That game was close simply becuz Duke made 15 triples which they will not do again.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was alluding to Duke taking as many 3s as 2s for the game and having it work. The likelihood of that game plan working again is not good. I agree with you though, at Pitt is a much more likely win.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, this is the same logic that will somehow conclude UNC is better than all three. Those are singular occurrences, each team has a whole year resume that is much more telling.

I think one has to ask themselves 'Does Duke average 12-24 from 3 in conference play for the rest of the season' I'm inclined to say 'No'

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway this a dumb discussion, if Lamar Patterson is hurt for Wednesday, which I think is likely, Pitt has no shot to win this game.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, this is the same logic that will somehow conclude UNC is better than all three. Those are singular occurrences, each team has a whole year resume that is much more telling.

I think one has to ask themselves 'Does Duke average 12-24 from 3 in conference play for the rest of the season' I'm inclined to say 'No'

I think one has to ask themselves "Have I seen Duke play recently? Have I seen Pitt play recently?" and end the discussion right there. They are better in EVERY aspect, both head to head and overall resume. You do realize Pitt's OOC SOS was like 741 right?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one has to ask themselves "Have I seen Duke play recently? Have I seen Pitt play recently?" and end the discussion right there. They are better in EVERY aspect, both head to head and overall resume. You do realize Pitt's OOC SOS was like 741 right?

I'm not arguing your conclusion, just the way you got there.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing your conclusion, just the way you got there.

How, exactly? I was pointing to recent games which show that Duke is playing better than Pitt. And do I really have to point out that Cameron Indoor is one of the most difficult places to play in the country? I wouldn't be so bold as to say that McKale is harder to play at than Cameron, and I hope you aren't saying anything like that for whatever your home court is called...

It's not like I just looked at a box score and determined that since Duke went to OT against 'Cuse and Pitt didn't that they are better because of it. There is plenty of evidence to support the fact that Duke (as the top rated offense in the country) most CERTAINLY can have games when they hit 12-15 threes, as they have done on multiple occasions lately. Why are we so quick to say that it was so ridiculous and they will HAVE to come back to reality when in fact, they did those things on the road and will be even more comfortable at home...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How, exactly? I was pointing to recent games which show that Duke is playing better than Pitt. And do I really have to point out that Cameron Indoor is one of the most difficult places to play in the country? I wouldn't be so bold as to say that McKale is harder to play at than Cameron, and I hope you aren't saying anything like that for whatever your home court is called...

It's not like I just looked at a box score and determined that since Duke went to OT against 'Cuse and Pitt didn't that they are better because of it. There is plenty of evidence to support the fact that Duke (as the top rated offense in the country) most CERTAINLY can have games when they hit 12-15 threes, as they have done on multiple occasions lately. Why are we so quick to say that it was so ridiculous and they will HAVE to come back to reality when in fact, they did those things on the road and will be even more comfortable at home...

Was just responding to post #11, it was Team A beat Team B etc crap, if it wasn't your intention I'm sorry to misunderstand.

Considering I said "AVERAGE" not "CAN" then ok. I don't think they can "AVERAGE" 12-24 from three in ACC play for the rest of the season. Since we are talking about Duke on fire the past two weeks, we have to acknowledge they probably won't go 12-24 from three, and thus their baseline standard of play is probably not what is was the past two weeks.