• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sweat

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat's heart condition has been discussed "extensively" in draft rooms across the league.
Sweat's doctor's check-up at last month's Combine revealed an enlarged heart, a risk factor that teams will have to weigh ahead of next week's draft. Per Pelissero, there are no players in the NFL with this exact condition, though athletes in other sports, particularly soccer, have played through it and still had success. Any team that selects Sweat would have to take the necessary precautions including having a heart defibrillator accessible at all times. Pelissero also notes that a handful of teams aren't comfortable with Sweat's condition and have already removed him from their draft boards. Even with these concerns, it would be a stunner if the All-American fell out of the first round.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
‎Apr‎ ‎19‎, ‎2019‎ ‎2‎:‎02‎ ‎PM

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we take him?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we take him?
Looks like another situation where this player will still be available in later rounds. I wouldn't risk waiting too long if he is there in the 3rd round. A first round talent in the third is a no brainer, if he is medically cleared to play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another situation where this player will still be available in later rounds. I wouldn't risk waiting too long if he is there in the 3rd round. A first round talent in the third is a no brainer, if he is medically cleared to play.

third? where are you getting this info from?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i take him if he is the best player at our spot in a particular round

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
third? where are you getting this info from?

I'm getting it from the article that you posted. To be clear it tells of a particular heart condition that I'm sure teams will be overly cautious about or as the article reads, completely drop him from their draft boards. So, I'm suggesting that after considering him condition, teams take a pass on him there MIGHT be a chance that this first round talent could find himself still available beyond the first two rounds.

So, once more, IF he's still there as late as the third round, it would be practical to take a chance on this guy at that spot, even if there's a chance that he continues to fall.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting it from the article that you posted. To be clear it tells of a particular heart condition that I'm sure teams will be overly cautious about or as the article reads, completely drop him from their draft boards. So, I'm suggesting that after considering him condition, teams take a pass on him there MIGHT be a chance that this first round talent could find himself still available beyond the first two rounds.

So, once more, IF he's still there as late as the third round, it would be practical to take a chance on this guy at that spot, even if there's a chance that he continues to fall.

I didn't read the whole article my bad. I don't think he gets out of round 1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the whole article my bad. I don't think he gets out of round 1.

No problem, you may very well be correct about this player not dropping out of round one, but now I have to ask, is it your position that his heart condition won't be concerning enough to drop him lower in the first round than he might be taken without it?

Also what do you make of reports that there are teams who have already taken him completely off of their draft boards?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, you may very well be correct about this player not dropping out of round one, but now I have to ask, is it your position that his heart condition won't be concerning enough to drop him lower in the first round than he might be taken without it?

Also what do you make of reports that there are teams who have already taken him completely off of their draft boards?

Ive heard some pro soccer players have the same condition and they are fine. Soccer players are constantly running. Even if he only lasts 4 or 5 years so what. He is the 2nd most talented pass rusher in this draft.