• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Supreme Court tells NCAA to suck a Dick

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering these are youmg people, most with no families to support, no ortage payments or actualy payments w are pretty much talking spending money, you would disagree?

So just how much does a kid need? Now do all te players make the same? What if va kid is injured and can't play? So all 100 players get paid?

What does what they need have to do with anything? I also don't care if it is spending money/mortgage or other. Those are completely irrelevant arguments to this.

If you are worried about medical coverage and the NCAA you might want to take a look at it's history.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!

You pay for who can do what, anyone can pick fruit, not everyone can rebuild an engine. You pay for skills.
And here's where you refuse to acknowledge the fact that in paying for skills, the market dictates what those skills are worth. Not you. That's Economics 101.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!

You pay for who can do what, anyone can pick fruit, not everyone can rebuild an engine. You pay for skills.
This is a weird thing to say when trying so hard to make a case against paying football players.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does what they need have to do with anything? I also don't care if it is spending money/mortgage or other. Those are completely irrelevant arguments to this.

If you are worried about medical coverage and the NCAA you might want to take a look at it's history.

Bottom line is unless all the schools pay all the players the same amount money there will be tons of problems.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weird thing to say when trying so hard to make a case against paying football players.

Players at the college level don't need to be paid, these are 22ish year old kids.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players at the college level don't need to be paid, these are 22ish year old kids.
So they are adults, but not the right level of adult to be paid? What is the cutoff age to be paid. I really hope nobody finds out about the job that I had a 15. Those bastards paid me money!

Reactions: gob

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is unless all the schools pay all the players the same amount money there will be tons of problems.
Sure, No change comes without problems.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Alabama suits up 100 players, do they pay all these players and if so how much? How would this actually be done, no more they should be paid but ok, how much, who gets paid, when, all year? So after the season you still pay them?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much does a 22 year old need, and do you only pay them during the football season, pay them weekly?

A 22 year old needs are not relevant at all to the discussion. They should get whatever they can negotiate. I don't care if it is a million or minimum wage.

Why would I have any care for their pay schedule?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Alabama suits up 100 players, do they pay all these players and if so how much? How would this actually be done, no more they should be paid but ok, how much, who gets paid, when, all year? So after the season you still pay them?

Athletic directors and Agents get paid a ton of money for these exact kinds of logistics.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 22 year old needs are not relevant at all to the discussion. They should get whatever they can negotiate. I don't care if it is a million or minimum wage.

Why would I have any care for their pay schedule?

Well you are all worried about them being paid and now its.....why would I care how much......huh???? How much is the big deal here, this is news to you?

How much money can you pay 100 players, how much do 19-22 kids really need?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much does a 22 year old need, and do you only pay them during the football season, pay them weekly?

Always this "How much does fill_in_the_blank need" garbage with you. Always!

Need has nothing to do with it. We live in a free market based economy. And if my skills are deemed worth X amount by whoever chooses to make that assessment, I have the right to choose to accept that or choose to accept a lesser amount if I deem it a more attractive offer. No one tells me what I "need" to accept. Example - when I got out of the service in 1980, I told the state employment agency that my expectation was a job paying $7.00 an hour. The person at the employment agency told me I wouldn't get that much here locally. I told that person "Well, I guess you'll be sending me unemployment checks for awhile then". I was fully prepared to either get that amount or just go back into the Air Force and make a career of it.

4 months later, I got a job offer... locally... at $7.00 an hour. Because my skills were needed in the position I was hired for. 41 years later, I'm still in that career working in the same building making 6 figures. Because - my skills determine my value.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always this "How much does fill_in_the_blank need" garbage with you. Always!

Need has nothing to do with it. We live in a free market based economy. And if my skills are deemed worth X amount by whoever chooses to make that assessment, I have the right to choose to accept that or choose to accept a lesser amount if I deem it a more attractive offer. No one tells me what I "need" to accept. Example - when I got out of the service in 1980, I told the state employment agency that my expectation was a job paying $7.00 an hour. The person at the employment agency told me I wouldn't get that much here locally. I told that person "Well, I guess you'll be sending me unemployment checks for awhile then". I was fully prepared to either get that amount or just go back into the Air Force and make a career of it.

4 months later, I got a job offer... locally... at $7.00 an hour. Because my skills were needed in the position I was hired for. 41 years later, I'm still in that career working in the same building making 6 figures. Because - my skills determine my value.

And when you were n the service you accepted whatever the pay was for your rank, nothing individual about it at all, right? So some college players will make more than others? Would that work?

They is no logic of any kind paying a Dak Prescott that kind of money, he has done nothing to deserve it. Here we are talking common sense, He isn't one of the top 5/6 QB's so why be paid as if he is?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are all worried about them being paid and now its.....why would I care how much......huh???? How much is the big deal here, this is news to you?

How much money can you pay 100 players, how much do 19-22 kids really need?
This sums it up perfectly. I believe fully they should be paid because you perform a job in this country you should be paid. All of the logistics I don't give 2 shits about because the market will define that.

And just like every other post, need has nothing to do with it. It never will. You are not the arbiter of what is deserved.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when you were n the service you accepted whatever the pay was for your rank, nothing individual about it at all, right? So some college players will make more than others? Would that work?

They is no logic of any kind paying a Dak Prescott that kind of money, he has done nothing to deserve it. Here we are talking common sense, He isn't one of the top 5/6 QB's so why be paid as if he is?
Because the market says so.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back on topic....

Watch the mess we are about to witness trying to work out just how this will be done trying to pay the athletes. This will not work, and why that isn't obvous....?

Bakersfield State plays football, as does Sacramento State, how are those schools going to play players? Fresno State? San Jose State?

Watch what happens,

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back on topic....

Watch the mess we are about to witness trying to work out just how this will be done trying to pay the athletes. This will not work, and why that isn't obvous....?

Bakersfield State plays football, as does Sacramento State, how are those schools going to play players? Fresno State? San Jose State?

Watch what happens,
Bakersfield State doesn’t play football. You can look it up.F7915ED1-853D-4FAA-B5FD-46D9BF7E6ADB.jpeg