• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Supreme Court tells NCAA to suck a Dick

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colleges can't offer a salary yet, a lot of student athletes are now going to need $70,000 of computer equipment to study. Maybe a 3 months to study abroad in a Italian villa?

This ruling won't bring about the salary yet, but it is the first step.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it, I meant to put this in a college forum. Being in the NBA was a fuck up on my part, would one of you friendly admin types correct my dumbassery?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmert has an opinion on the opinion...

E4azQlRWYAINW-K

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with it. "I like the Product" has never been a valid excuse for violating labor law as the NCAA does.

I never thought the NCAA was doing things right, but to me this is only going to exacerbate the problem of the same 4-6 schools making the playoffs each year.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot play college football players, it will not work at all. These teams have 100 players so some get paid and some don't?

No way in hell schools like Fresno State, New Mexico State, Troy, Montana State can pay anyone.

Kifds don't have to play football, so don't play if $$$$$ is a problem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. High School QB, we'd like to offer youa four year full scholarship to our university. We will provide all of the class materials needed as well and $2000 q week spending money. Oh yeah, and we have a $150,000 a year position for your dad in the campus maintenance department as well as a two bedrtoom condo within walking distance of the campus. Sound good? Who's offering you 43000 a week spending money?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, then make these high-paid kids either actually attend classes and get good grades. In fact, why send them to college at all?

Seriously, some geek who's basically a klutz can ace calculus, so admit him to college and let the overgrown stringbean join the NBA, which is where he's going anyway.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot play college football players, it will not work at all. These teams have 100 players so some get paid and some don't?

No way in hell schools like Fresno State, New Mexico State, Troy, Montana State can pay anyone.

Kifds don't have to play football, so don't play if $$$$$ is a problem.
NCAA and universities are making money off of the sports.....like billions of dollars. A key part of all of that money is making up the phrase "Student-Athlete" and denying them basic workers' rights. While each university is obviously not going to make as much as Alabama if sports did not make a profit more schools would drop them completely.

I am not going to claim that paying the people won't make it even more top-heavy, I think that is clearly going to happen. I am saying that league parity is not valid grounds for bypassing labor law.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA and universities are making money off of the sports.....like billions of dollars. A key part of all of that money is making up the phrase "Student-Athlete" and denying them basic workers' rights. While each university is obviously not going to make as much as Alabama if sports did not make a profit more schools would drop them completely.

I am not going to claim that paying the people won't make it even more top-heavy, I think that is clearly going to happen. I am saying that league parity is not valid grounds for bypassing labor law.

What the schools make means absolutely nothing, this is about a kid playing football. Why should they be paid, the school can get tons of players to play for free just lkie they;ve been doing. So Coe, Tiffin, Kutztown State, Blufton, can pay players, how?

College ball gives these athletes a place to show case their talents, most get a free education, that is enought.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the schools make means absolutely nothing, this is about a kid playing football. Why should they be paid, the school can get tons of players to play for free just lkie they;ve been doing. So Coe, Tiffin, Kutztown State, Blufton, can pay players, how?

College ball gives these athletes a place to show case their talents, most get a free education, that is enought.
Would you give up your paycheck at your job for education and exposure? Even it is verifiable that your skills generate millions of dollars for others? What the schools make means everything, the big lie of the NCAA has you believing is that it's sports program is not a business.

You are absolutely right that Kutztown state might not be able to afford players, do you know what happens to businesses that have cost exceed their revenue? They close.....unless you are the NCAA, then somehow you fool people into believing unpaid labor is acceptable.

There used to be a name for unpaid labor that had to live on your campus and couldn't move to another campus unless you say so.....what was that?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you give up your paycheck at your job for education and exposure? Even it is verifiable that your skills generate millions of dollars for others? What the schools make means everything, the big lie of the NCAA has you believing is that it's sports program is not a business.

You are absolutely right that Kutztown state might not be able to afford players, do you know what happens to businesses that have cost exceed their revenue? They close.....unless you are the NCAA, then somehow you fool people into believing unpaid labor is acceptable.

There used to be a name for unpaid labor that had to live on your campus and couldn't move to another campus unless you say so.....what was that?

When did going to college become a paycheck and your job? Don't get what you are trying to say.

So if some schools pay and some don't where do kids go to play football? So you pay everyone the same?

How is paying college athletes going to be done, how much can Troy State pay?

The whole thing makes no sense at all, it's ridiculous. Kids don't have to play football, hell if $$$$$ is a problem forget school and find a job.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did going to college become a paycheck and your job? Don't get what you are trying to say.

So if some schools pay and some don't where do kids go to play football? So you pay everyone the same?

How is paying college athletes going to be done, how much can Troy State pay?

The whole thing makes no sense at all, it's ridiculous. Kids don't have to play football, hell if $$$$$ is a problem forget school and find a job.

Going to college is not what the job is, playing football is the job.