• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superflex Dynasty startup

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Mayfield in my SF league but I don't share your outlook on him.
I realize i may be on an island with Mayfield, but here are some reasons Monkey should think about him:
1) in his 4 years, he's only had 1 season with less than 3k passing (and thats when he bounced from the Rams and Panthers in only 12 starts.
2) he's only 28, and being a former #1 overall pick, no matter where his career takes him, some NFL team will always take a chance on a former #1.
3) in Tampa, he may have his best group of weapons to throw to (having his first 4k passing season).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize i may be on an island with Mayfield, but here are some reasons Monkey should think about him:
1) in his 4 years, he's only had 1 season with less than 3k passing (and thats when he bounced from the Rams and Panthers in only 12 starts.
2) he's only 28, and being a former #1 overall pick, no matter where his career takes him, some NFL team will always take a chance on a former #1.
3) in Tampa, he may have his best group of weapons to throw to (having his first 4k passing season).

Your sales pitch was too late, I already drafted Baker 7hrs ago at pick 7.2

I was the 2nd team to take a QB3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on the clock is asking if any interest in trading, my top targets would be Ladd or BThomasJr, thoughts on what I'd give up to move into end of 7th?

I'm a bit out of my element doing startup trades

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on the clock is asking if any interest in trading, my top targets would be Ladd or BThomasJr, thoughts on what I'd give up to move into end of 7th?

I'm a bit out of my element doing startup trades
Gets difficult when no players are involved. All you can do is offer your 8th and perhaps 9th or 10th for a later pick. .....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets difficult when no players are involved. All you can do is offer your 8th and perhaps 9th or 10th for a later pick. .....

He's already got a '25 first offered, not sure I'm going over that

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already got a '25 first offered, not sure I'm going over that

Or add a pick from next years draft.
Seth Meyers Stop GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking about going WR-WR here then hammering a couple RBs at the 10/11 turn

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy with CMC and Henry also taking Bowers as his TE1 and not getting a stronger QB2 than Levis was a bit of a headscratcher with the win-now RBs

will be interesting to see when the other teams go QB3 now that 26 are off the board....is QB4 a smart draft strategy to give me some trade ammo once the season starts? Rodgers/Geno/Carr are the only ones I'd be interested in, could stack MikeWill/Lockett/Shaheed (or Johnson?) to go with one of the QBs too.

Or even taking 2 more QBs to really F over the guys that waited, lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say that that strategy has worked for me - that is, drafting for another team's weakness. Fantasy owners can be fickle. They'd rather wallow in mediocrity than give up a good player for a "need".

Tough call. Think i'd rather plan for the dynasty future.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say that that strategy has worked for me - that is, drafting for another team's weakness. Fantasy owners can be fickle. They'd rather wallow in mediocrity than give up a good player for a "need".

Tough call. Think i'd rather plan for the dynasty future.

Yeah, hoping to get BThomas and Ladd here since those were the target I was considering moving up for

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking about going WR-WR here then hammering a couple RBs at the 10/11 turn
whether you go WR/WR, RB/RB or RB/WR gonna be some slim pickings at the 10/11 turn
the guy with CMC and Henry also taking Bowers as his TE1 and not getting a stronger QB2 than Levis was a bit of a headscratcher with the win-now RBs

will be interesting to see when the other teams go QB3 now that 26 are off the board....is QB4 a smart draft strategy to give me some trade ammo once the season starts? Rodgers/Geno/Carr are the only ones I'd be interested in, could stack MikeWill/Lockett/Shaheed (or Johnson?) to go with one of the QBs too.

Or even taking 2 more QBs to really F over the guys that waited, lol
I wouldn't be looking at Rodgers if that was the idea. Outside of shear desperation, no one will give up much for a guy who is a huge question mark as to retiring at any given moment.

Geno probably not a ton either as he's not exactly entrenched as the long term Seachicken QB.

Carr would be my choice if he falls to where you'd feel comfortable about taking him. Still quite a bit of tread of on the tires, and for all his faults, he's still better than %33-%49 of the other starters in the league, even if he isn't long in NO, he's still a somewhat safe bet for 4-5+ years of being the starter somewhere.

But, like Joe said, tough to gauge that kind of strategy..as much as you know that team NEEDS a QB, they also know that 4th QB is only taking up valuable roster space for you, its not as much leverage as it might seem on the surface. Then again, someone's entire strategy might rest on a guy like Carr or whomever, being that guy until they draft a '25 rookie and let him take that spot, who knows what they might pay to correct that?