• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl Pats Versus Giants - OT

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To comment on this: Indy is a pretty awesome place. Underrated really. It's rather small (think of it as a slightly smaller Pittsburgh, but still...city-ish), very clean and upkept, has a nice night scene, etc. Now, Hoosier Hospitality? I...guess. I mean, Indianans seem to keep to themselves more than I'm used to (Pittsburghers will talk your freaking ear off in a grocery store line), but they're nice. Not typical city-folk. I haven't been down to the village yet, and I have a feeling I'm going to regret not going, but it's damn expense and crowded dahn there. All in all, I really hope this opens up other cities to host it. But we all know that it'll never go to a cold open field. Just won't happen. And that's a shame because 1. it's REAL FOOTBALL and 2. a lot of cities miss out on the opportunity to CASH IN.

I'd try to go if I were you, at least walk through it.

That's the reason why I am hoping for Ice or snow in Indy this week - because of the way the NFL does not select open air northern stadiums for the Super Bowl. A lot of the famous games in NFL history are weather related, there is no reason to attempt to make sure a SB could never be influenced by weather.

I'd also like the Super Bowl to be dialed down a bit (or a lot), refocus it on being the NFL championship and step back from the media circus that it is.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try to go if I were you, at least walk through it.

That's the reason why I am hoping for Ice or snow in Indy this week - because of the way the NFL does not select open air northern stadiums for the Super Bowl. A lot of the famous games in NFL history are weather related, there is no reason to attempt to make sure a SB could never be influenced by weather.

I'd also like the Super Bowl to be dialed down a bit (or a lot), refocus it on being the NFL championship and step back from the media circus that it is.

That's what kills me. They talk about leveling the playing field...but really, there's a million factors for that. And no matter what stadium the SB is played in there's some factor that works for or against a team. And that last part will never happen. It's really ridiculous how insane this circus is. The Peyton stuff isn't helping either...just escalating the issue.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I saw this article on msn. I had myself a read and decided to share a experience I had.

I do nto remember the year exactly but Bill Parcells was coach and Drew Bledsoe was the QB. I was asked by a good friend if I wanted to "work" the Pats game versus the Broncos" He is a satellite tech and I was his bitch basically. We arrived at 7AM at Foxboro Stadium (Not Gillette) and we set up the truck and all the stuff that goes with it. We was done by 9AM at the latest and had the morning to walk around the field and just basically chill. I am sort of guessing on the times but I think it was about 11:30 AM and the players started rolling out to stretch and do what players do. I was on the sideline and spoke to so many great players (including John Elway, Ben Coates, Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin) and just talk about nothing. All were very nice and easy to chat with.

Parcells came out and started barking this and that and players started to do certain things. I was just standing there in awe ( honestly) and a gentleman said "what do you think our chances are today" I turned and looked and it was Bob Kraft. We spoke for about 15 mins and he was just a guy like me who loved the game. He said thank you for me being there so early to help set up for the game and to have a great day. I knew who he was the entire time and I dont care if he was a multi millionaire or a billionaire he was just as nice as most of us would be when meeting someone.

I can say with NO reservation that the below article and the comments of him being emotional are 100% true. He may have been rich but for 15 mins to me he was a guy who I could talk to and relate to as a fan.

Sorry if this is long toothed.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft still mourning wife Myra Kraft - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I am rooting for Ochocinco and because I dont want disgusting New Yorkers to be happy about anything.

I like buffalo wings too.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I am rooting for Ochocinco and because I dont want disgusting New Yorkers to be happy about anything.

I like buffalo wings too.

Rep for bolded part. The rest... eh...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep for bolded part. The rest... eh...

I can see why people may not want 85 to win, but New Yorkers... ew. An awful sub species of us homo sapiens.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Claude Julien to the Pats. "Everyone on the team is rooting for you, and those who aren't have been traded away", lol

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Patriots fan. Spygate ticks me off. However, I will be a HUGE Patriots fan tomorrow. I can't stand Eli Manning & the rest of his family.:mad2:

yes.. yes...

let the anger and hate flow through you...

02emperor350.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were a Chargers fan you'd hate his guts too.

I live in Raleigh, so am an NC State fan (Rivers), and was happy my team drafted him, so I also had a dislike for #10 for a while as well.

But one superbowl (soon to be 2) later, I'm on board. :D

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Raleigh, so am an NC State fan (Rivers), and was happy my team drafted him, so I also had a dislike for #10 for a while as well.

But one superbowl (soon to be 2) later, I'm on board. :D

I think Rivers is a very good QB & have nothing against him whatsoever. I think it's funny that he talks smack without using any swear words. That must shock the guys on the other team.

My problem is with the way the Manning family handled the situation.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Patriots fan. Spygate ticks me off. However, I will be a HUGE Patriots fan tomorrow. I can't stand Eli Manning & the rest of his family.:mad2:

I gotta love the spygate thing. attention people, filming is allowed by teams. They were fined for camera location. And since "spygate", the Pats have gone 16-0, 11-5, 10-4, 14-2, 13-3. I know, they must STILL be filming

teh lulz

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta love the spygate thing. attention people, filming is allowed by teams. They were fined for camera location. And since "spygate", the Pats have gone 16-0, 11-5, 10-4, 14-2, 13-3. I know, they must STILL be filming

teh lulz

it's got nothing to do with cameras....

17a39e41-2df8-4056-bfd3-dd789409f2c3.jpg

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizzle McDizzle,

I am willing to make a avie bet. Lets say a month of sporting whatever Avie each decides.

Obviously I got the Pats. You got the Giants.