• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl Pats Versus Giants - OT

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last year in the office pool, I had the Steelers and my roommate had the Packers.

This year, I have the Giants and she has the Patriots. Fuck Brady; I want revenge.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Gronk play seems to be the biggest question. Getting closer now to the big game and I for one cannot wait.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Gronk play seems to be the biggest question. Getting closer now to the big game and I for one cannot wait.

oh I don't think there is any question at all whether he will or won't play. He'll play.

The question is... will he be able to play well, or will he be a decoy.

If he play's, gotta jam him at the line every play. Don't give him a free release.
Make that ankle WORK.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Giants to win even though they beat the Niners to get there. If Brady wins another one he will have 4 and all of the jerkoffs at ESPN will spend the rest of his career spouting off about how he is the new Montana.

There is no new Montana, there is no new Bradshaw, Brady is his own player. So stop all of the bullshit hyperbole, and while you're at it; go suck a bag of dicks ESPN.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, we all know Brady cheated his way to 3 SBs, right?!?! I keed, I keed. I think the Giants will win it. And yes, beyond the fact that I HATE the Pats, I'm cheering against Tommy boy getting #4.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is either loved or hated. Kinda funny actually. Dude has had a insane career by breaking records, super bowl wins etc etc. He is married to one of the hottest women in the world.

Come to think of it I hate him too lololol

GO PATS!

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stats that I found interesting. I have not verified them but anyways..

Everyone is saying the Giants defense is so much better then the Pats.

GIANTS DEFENSE — OVERALL (27), RUSH (19), PASS (29)
PATRIOTS DEFENSE — OVERALL (31), RUSH (17), PASS (31)

Looks pretty close to me.

I believe that the Pats are gonna go no huddle the entire game and push the Giants defense as hard as they can. BB is running all practices indoors with the heat cranked up. That is due to the FACT that the Pats give up points in the 4th quarter cause they wear down. (While indoors). I expect Wilfork to have another huge game and pressure Eli into bad choices. Eli is still good to throw a few bad passes in a game that the Pats defense must take advantage of and get a turnover. The Giants have had success in the past taking away Brady's main choice on the offense. If Brady does not make good fast decisions to pick a 2nd target the Giants defense will have a good day.

In any case I think it is gonna be a war.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Giants break through and crush Brady early on, that gets him all flustered and he'll start throwing like shit. These two teams are in my top 4 hated teams. Wish they both could lose... But go New Jersey Giants.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stats that I found interesting. I have not verified them but anyways..

Everyone is saying the Giants defense is so much better then the Pats.

GIANTS DEFENSE — OVERALL (27), RUSH (19), PASS (29)
PATRIOTS DEFENSE — OVERALL (31), RUSH (17), PASS (31)

Looks pretty close to me.

I believe that the Pats are gonna go no huddle the entire game and push the Giants defense as hard as they can. BB is running all practices indoors with the heat cranked up. That is due to the FACT that the Pats give up points in the 4th quarter cause they wear down. (While indoors). I expect Wilfork to have another huge game and pressure Eli into bad choices. Eli is still good to throw a few bad passes in a game that the Pats defense must take advantage of and get a turnover. The Giants have had success in the past taking away Brady's main choice on the offense. If Brady does not make good fast decisions to pick a 2nd target the Giants defense will have a good day.

In any case I think it is gonna be a war.

There was about a 6 game stretch (right after the Patriots game, coincidentally) that dropped their defensive ranking into the mega-toilet. they held up as well as dollar store toilet paper.
They've played like a top 5 defense since, with the front 4 all healthy and firing on all cylinders.

Don't expect to see a bottom 5 defense on Sunday.

Of course on the other hand.... I don't expect EITHER team to play like a bottom 5 defense on Sunday, so that should go without saying.

If Brady does not make good fast decisions to pick a 2nd target the Giants defense will have a good day.

Good call - I think this will be the main storyline.
Can they get to Brady and not let him get through his reads.
If they CAN - it'll be a great day for the Giants.
If they CAN'T - rhu rho...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for this game, mostly because of the rematch aura... Gonna be a damn good game. Who the fuck picked Madonna for half-time? :L

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again.. After hearing Brady's old lady's ridiculous plea on the radio yesterday I only want them to win by 6 touchdowns now.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off Jack... Pats are not winning on Sunday.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kinky bastard. :bolt:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Giants D is much much much muccccch better than those numbers. Honestly, they've been the absolute best defense in the league from weeks 13 on I'd say. At least since the postseason started. If Brady has a day like he did against Baltimore, it's an easy Giants win. I think this is just a great matchup for the GMen. Not that anyone WANTS to face Brady, but his defense (shocker...) and some luck got him to the SB. Now, sometimes that's just what it takes to win it all, luck...but I think it may run out. Regardless, it's not going to be a blow out in either direction.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for this game, mostly because of the rematch aura... Gonna be a damn good game. Who the fuck picked Madonna for half-time? :L

The same guy that picked the Black Eyed Peas last year? They were just lucky that Christina Aguilera fucked up the National Anthem, otherwise everyone would have been talking about how much they sucked at half time.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same guy that picked the Black Eyed Peas last year? They were just lucky that Christina Aguilera fucked up the National Anthem, otherwise everyone would have been talking about how much they sucked at half time.

lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First Take literally debated this for 15 minutes. They debated the halftime music choice. :L ESPN :L