• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Superbowl LI: Patriots @ Falcons

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shanny wasnt the HC . the whole team made mistakes the defense giving up a 25 point lead was huge untimely penalties on defense killed them . trying to get points vs the pats at the end isnt a bad thing with tom brady on the other side

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shanny wasnt the HC . the whole team made mistakes the defense giving up a 25 point lead was huge untimely penalties on defense killed them . trying to get points vs the pats at the end isnt a bad thing with tom brady on the other side

the defense was on the field way too long. Kyle called the worst plays in nfl history in the 4th qtr.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean - I don't disagree that Shanahan did very poorly in coaching the 2nd half. Just disagree that the whole loss falls on him & really, really disagree that this game should be reason for the 49ers to not hire him. Give me a break - the guy made mistakes in one half of a game (granted a big one). He can learn from these mistakes & you can't just discount the fact that he did an excellent job for the remainder of the season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense was on the field way too long. Kyle called the worst plays in nfl history in the 4th qtr.

The worst plays in NFL history? LOL - you must not have been a Redskins fan during the Zorn or Spurrier eras.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me refresh your memory. Granted this wasn't during the 4th QTR, but you would be hard pressed to find a worse play than this one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst plays in NFL history? LOL - you must not have been a Redskins fan during the Zorn or Spurrier eras.

I should of said Super Bowl history. My bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a team failure dean

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the current asst coaches stayed or not - it was/is going to be tough for the Falcons next season. Recent SB losers have had a tough time the following year. In addition - the Falcons are in tough division w/ the Panthers only one year removed for the SB & the Bucs coming on strong. The competition from the rest of the NFC is also tough. Finally - you never know how they will fare in terms of injuries. Could be very tough.

The tough times may've already started.

Freeman seems to be fudging. Claims he didn't have the responsibility to block Hightower on Hightower's game changing sack that imo was the game's biggest play. Shanny says, yeah, it was Freeman's job to block Hightower on that play.

Freeman, Shanahan at odds over missed assignment on turnover

I've never been in a Faslcons huddle, but it seems Freeman is clearly lying. Which to me isn't a smart thing to do. Man up, homey, man up.

Despite a collapse of epic and historical proportions. Robert Alford thought it appropriate or necessary or both to tweet this after the game. My question is why? And you know what wasn't the 2nd best thing in a Super Bowl, Rob? Brady's new Super Bowl record of 466 passing that's what. Why no mention of that?.

Falcons CB Robert Alford boasts about pick-six on Twitter despite loss

robert-alford-tweet.jpg

Quinn could've probably addressed this a bit differently. Especially as the Falcons led wire wire for 58, 59 minutes of regulation. Had a 28-3 lead almost halfway through the 3rd quarter. And only ran the ball 18 funky ass times, with only 41 plays for the game and a TOP of 23:27.

Devastating Hot Takes: Atlanta Ruined Football for Everyone

After the game Quinn commented “We ran out of gas.”

That just makes no sense whatsoever to me. Only 41 plays and 23 minutes.

And WTF is Shanny talking about here? His dumb ass play calling was w/o question the biggest reason it turned into a 50 yd FG and then no FG att whatsoever after that. Just man the f up.

trying to score there at the end. We got into field goal range and that would have ended it. But getting that sack and that holding call, that was tough,” Shanahan said. “You don't just think, ‘Oh, run the ball and make your guy kick a 50-yard field goal.’ You want to try your hardest to give him a great chance to for sure make it. We thought we could get some yards, but we ended up getting a sack. It's not really an option after that.”

Matt Ryan, overaggressive Falcons blow golden Super Bowl opportunity

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tough times may've already started.

Freeman seems to be fudging. Claims he didn't have the responsibility to block Hightower on Hightower's game changing sack that imo was the game's biggest play. Shanny says, yeah, it was Freeman's job to block Hightower on that play.

Freeman, Shanahan at odds over missed assignment on turnover

I've never been in a Faslcons huddle, but it seems Freeman is clearly lying. Which to me isn't a smart thing to do. Man up, homey, man up.

Good catch Breed. When you review the video it is clear that Freeman is stepping back & is supposed to block Hightower. Hell - he even touches (or gets run over by) him. He then misses the block & scrambles to try & help in some manner. Not supposed to block Hightower? LOL.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good catch Breed. When you review the video it is clear that Freeman is stepping back & is supposed to block Hightower. Hell - he even touches (or gets run over by) him. He then misses the block & scrambles to try & help in some manner. Not supposed to block Hightower? LOL.

Heh. No doubt. And by denying it was his job to block Hightower. He's just leaving the possibility open to make this an issue again at some point in the future. Might be used on a personal level come contract talk time. Or a more public way if a reporter were to bring it up at some point. Had he owned up to it. He could've put it to rest for good.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman (24) got caught in no mans land. He had blitz pickup responsibilities and almost totally whiffed. Watching him it looks like there was also a pass route option but you don't go out if you have protection responsibility. I said this the night of or the day after the game. Actually I have brought this up more than once. If he holds him up for one second maybe the play works.

The other side of the coin is why have a deep drop. Punt and make them drive the field. Momentum changed and THIS play let NE back in the game. Shanahan could have called a safer play but if the RB blocks at all you probably avoid the sack/fumble.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if freeman executes the block everything would have been fine

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if freeman executes the block everything would have been fine

Just listened to first draft on the espn draft page. Even those guys agreed with me that Atl should not of been throwing in those situations. Its just amazing that I still get arguments that it wasn't Kyles fault with dumb play calling. Not directing this at you skinsdad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to first draft on the espn draft page. Even those guys agreed with me that Atl should not of been throwing in those situations. Its just amazing that I still get arguments that it wasn't Kyles fault with dumb play calling. Not directing this at you skinsdad.
who cares what espn thinks ? they are so consistently wrong its appalling