• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Superbowl LI: Patriots @ Falcons

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team had the GOAT and 4 pro bowlers that year. Plus several other very good players that werent pro bowlers that year.

Brady was just starting out back then. The Rams had way more talent. Bellicheck just outcoached Martz. That is why they won. Coaching matter and it showed up in a big way on Sunday.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was just starting out back then. The Rams had way more talent. Bellicheck just outcoached Martz. That is why they won. Coaching matter and it showed up in a big way on Sunday.

Of course coaching matters and Bellicheck outcoached him. But he still had plenty of talent on the roster. You cant win without it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course coaching matters and Bellicheck outcoached him. But he still had plenty of talent on the roster. You cant win without it.

The Patriots have benefited what I believe to be the worst coaching jobs in SuperBowl history. Caroll was #1 now its Kyle. 1.KS 2.PC 3.Martz.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. Does that make him a great coach? that guy is a joke.

WTF? Switzer won almost 160 games in college, 84% of his games, several national championships & many more bowl games. That is a joke of a coach? Your standards must be insane.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have benefited what I believe to be the worst coaching jobs in SuperBowl history. Caroll was #1 now its Kyle. 1.KS 2.PC 3.Martz.

So Brady threw for over 460 yards passing (in spite of a relatively poor 1st half) & that is all because of Kyle Shanahan? Give some credit where credit is due. Sure the Falcons could have planned the offense better in the 2nd half but there is more to the story.

Again - you seem to judge Shanahan strictly on this loss and not the great work that he did during the year with that team as well as his work with other teams (notably 2012 w/ the Redskins). And again - just like Cousins - why can't he possibly learn from these mistakes & use it to make him & his future team better? BTW - who should the 49ers have taken instead of Shanahan?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The force fumble and hold should of never happened b/c there were not in passing situations. You just don't understand that. Taking a 7 step drop on a 3rd and 1 up by 16. Crazy! The Atl defense was on the field way too long. You are clueless. KS blew this game and its not even close.

I am clueless? Whatever Chief. You constantly spew these kneejerk reactions to things that occur in single games & often completely contradict what you have posted at an earlier date. Yep - I am the clueless one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - speaking as a clueless poster - did I post at the beginning of the season that the Redskins had way more than enough talent to take the NFC-E again & perhaps do well in the playoffs? Don't think so.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - speaking as a clueless poster - did I post at the beginning of the season that the Redskins had way more than enough talent to take the NFC-E again & perhaps do well in the playoffs? Don't think so.

my emotions just take over when making predictions at the start of the season tho

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my prediction came in ok except the record being off . all the "feelings " i thought fans would have came true 100%

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my emotions just take over when making predictions at the start of the season tho

Oh - I agree 100% (& this is why I refrain from predictions for the most part). However - the same can also be said about emotional rants such as the 49ers should retract their offer to hire Kyle Shanahan. After the dust has settled people will see that there were a lot of factors that allowed the Pats to win the SB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am clueless? Whatever Chief. You constantly spew these kneejerk reactions to things that occur in single games & often completely contradict what you have posted at an earlier date. Yep - I am the clueless one.

You are clueless b/c you don't understand how bad play calling can affect a game. This was the Super Bowl and there was no excuse for it. Why do you make excuses for KS? Doesn't make sense to me. Im not even a Atl fan and im upset about it. They want to lynch this guy in ATL right now.

You don't get how KS put this team in bad situations and it ended up losing the game for them. The sack fumble and holding call never happen if KS had a clue on what he was doing. You just point to the end result. Monday morning QB. Right now KS is the poster boy on how to blow a 16 point lead in the middle of the 4th qtr in the Super bowl.

The game should have been over after the Julio catch. Which I think was one of the best catches in Super Bowl history. No knee jerk reaction here. Multiple AtL fans and the general NFL message board agree with me. To defend this guy is beyond crazy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Monday Morning QB again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contradict what? What are you talking about? You still think I have written off KC which I didn't. I said it multiple times. You just don't get it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live & learn. Like they say the only folks who don't make mistakes are people who never accomplish anything. I think that the moves by the 49ers and Rams are better than teams constantly hiring all of these retreads who have failed elsewhere.

No doubt Kyle certainly made for himself, Quinn, Ryan, the rest of the Falcons and the Falcons fan-base. Quite the hellified live n learn moment. I'm sure he'll live it over n over n over.............

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm re-watching the game right now, The Falcons went from 1st n 10 at the Pats 22 yd ln with 4 :39 left in the game. To 4th n 33 from the Pats 45 yd ln with 3:38 still left in the game. Plus NE only used 1 of its 3 TOs. Just wow.

Speaking of bad coaching don't forget Andy Reid and Philly when they lost to the Pats in the SB. Down 24-14 the Eagles got the ball at their own 21 yd ln with 5:40 left in the game. They casually moved down the field like the Pats only had a 7 pt or 3 pt led instead of a 10 pt lead. It took em 13 plays and 3 minutes and 5 seconds to score and they never used a time out except for the 2 min warning. A lotta peeps blamed McNabb for their lackadaisical approach on that drive, but if that's the case. Its still on Reid as he should've told Mcnabb to get his ass in gear. After the Philly onside kick, the Pats got the ball with 1:47 left in the game and Philly used 2 of their time outs on that drive. Philly got ball back with 47 seconds left in the game at their 4 yd ln. On 3rd n 9 from their own 5 yd ln McNabb threw an INT to Rodney Harrison and the Pats ran out the clock on their next play. Philly ended up nevert using 1 of their 3 2nd half time outs during the game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm re-watching the game right now, The Falcons went from 1st n 10 at the Pats 22 yd ln with 4 :39 left in the game. To 4th n 33 from the Pats 45 yd ln with 3:38 still left in the game. Plus NE only used 1 of its 3 TOs. Just wow.

Speaking of bad coaching don't forget Andy Reid and Philly when they lost to the Pats in the SB. Down 24-14 the Eagles got the ball at their own 21 yd ln with 5:40 left in the game. They casually moved down the field like the Pats only had a 7 pt or 3 pt led instead of a 10 pt lead. It took em 13 plays and 3 minutes and 5 seconds to score and they never used a time out except for the 2 min warning. A lotta peeps blamed McNabb for their lackadaisical approach on that drive, but if that's the case. Its still on Reid as he should've told Mcnabb to get his ass in gear. After the Philly onside kick, the Pats got the ball with 1:47 left in the game and Philly used 2 of their time outs on that drive. Philly got ball back with 47 seconds left in the game at their 4 yd ln. On 3rd n 9 from their own 5 yd ln McNabb threw an INT to Rodney Harrison and the Pats ran out the clock on their next play. Philly ended up nevert using 1 of their 3 2nd half time outs during the game.

Great example. Reid obviously survived this one & has gone on to do a great coaching job in KC. I am in no way absolving Shanahan of the blame. Just stating that there is plenty of blame to go around & yes he can survive this. Life goes on.