• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Superbowl LI: Patriots @ Falcons

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in think its all matt ryans fault , he gave the defense a 25 point lead and even though they couldnt hold it i blame him . he chokes during the big games and he is an overpaid stat man with no chance to get better :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Kyle Shanny blew this game. After the superman Julio catch they could of taken a knew three times, kick the Fg be up by 11 with under 2 minutes to go. Worst called game I ever seen. The 49ers should withdraw their offer

Yes he did.

He's still a good offensive coach. Don't know if he's ready to be a HC yet though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did.

He's still a good offensive coach. Don't know if he's ready to be a HC yet though.

Live & learn. Like they say the only folks who don't make mistakes are people who never accomplish anything. I think that the moves by the 49ers and Rams are better than teams constantly hiring all of these retreads who have failed elsewhere.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Kyle Shanny blew this game. After the superman Julio catch they could of taken a knew three times, kick the Fg be up by 11 with under 2 minutes to go. Worst called game I ever seen. The 49ers should withdraw their offer

You have to start looking at the big picture & stop judging everything on a single game or series of plays. Fine - Shanahan made some play calling mistakes in a pressure filled game. He can learn from the experience. It also doesn't invalidate all of the good work that he has done with the Falcons & other teams. Same concept applies to Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to start looking at the big picture & stop judging everything on a single game or series of plays. Fine - Shanahan made some play calling mistakes in a pressure filled game. He can learn from the experience. It also doesn't invalidate all of the good work that he has done with the Falcons & other teams. Same concept applies to Cousins.
i agree

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I pointed out a couple of plays where Kyle would have been better served to call something more safe he is not the reason they lost. If the RB holds up Hightower for one more second that result is probably different. If the line blocks on 3rd and 1 and then doesn't hold on 3rd and 11 those decisions don't matter.

I don't think the Falcons get to the SB without Kyle. Yeah he could have called less risky plays in a couple of spots but he guys could have executed too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. Fine? He is now known for the guy who blew the Super Bowl. He had the best QB, RB combo, and Wr in the game. Its pretty tough not to succeed with the players he had. The Big picture is the Super Bowl. Learn from the experience? This guy has been a o coordinator for over 5 years. That should be ample experience in how to close a game out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I pointed out a couple of plays where Kyle would have been better served to call something more safe he is not the reason they lost. If the RB holds up Hightower for one more second that result is probably different. If the line blocks on 3rd and 1 and then doesn't hold on 3rd and 11 those decisions don't matter.

I don't think the Falcons get to the SB without Kyle. Yeah he could have called less risky plays in a couple of spots but he guys could have executed too.

Wrong!! After the Julio great catch all he had to do was call three straight running plays and kick the FG to go up by 11 with 3 mins to play and the Pats wouldn't have any timeouts. It is the worst game management of all time.

Even the 3rd and 1 call he makes Ryan do a 7 step drop and throw deep when only needed one yard to keep the clock and drive alive. That is embarrassing. Kyle lost this game. Plus the head coach didn't have the balls to override his dumbness.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Fine? He is now known for the guy who blew the Super Bowl. He had the best QB, RB combo, and Wr in the game. Its pretty tough not to succeed with the players he had. The Big picture is the Super Bowl. Learn from the experience? This guy has been a o coordinator for over 5 years. That should be ample experience in how to close a game out.

OK. You must be the ultimate "What have you done for me lately" guy. So having a great season, helping further the development of the NFL MVP (who had issues coming into the season) & taking your team to the SB basically means nothing to you. You only view Shanahan as the guy who blew a big SB lead? Whatever.

I guess that this also pretty much invalidates your position on Cousins. It appears that your entire focus is always based on the latest game for said coach, player, etc.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. You must be the ultimate "What have you done for me lately" guy. So having a great season, helping further the development of the NFL MVP (who had issues coming into the season) & taking your team to the SB basically means nothing to you. You only view Shanahan as the guy who blew a big SB lead? Whatever.

I guess that this also pretty much invalidates your position on Cousins. It appears that your entire focus is always based on the latest game for said coach, player, etc.

That is what the NFL world and fans will think of KS until he wins a Super Bowl. When its the frigin Super Bowl there is no time for coaching errors. How do you bring KC into this thread. It has nothing to do with it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what the NFL world and fans will think of KS until he wins a Super Bowl. When its the frigin Super Bowl there is no time for coaching errors. How do you bring KC into this thread. It has nothing to do with it.

IMO it does - you basically wrote both of them off because of mistakes they made in their most recent games. Are you serious with your first comment? So if Shanahan say had the 49ers even playing .500 ball next season he wouldn't be a candidate for coach of the year? He has to win a SB before most fans will think of him as nothing more than the guy who lost the SB? That is ridiculous (not saying it will happen - just pointing out the fallacy of your pt).

Do you also hold Shanahan responsible for the numerous penalties on both sides of the ball which also helped the Falcons lose this game?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your logic I guess that NFL fans only think of Pete Carroll as the guy who lost the SB to the Pats because of his decision to pass in the red zone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it does - you basically wrote both of them off because of mistakes they made in their most recent games. Are you serious with your first comment? So if Shanahan say had the 49ers even playing .500 ball next season he wouldn't be a candidate for coach of the year? He has to win a SB before most fans will think of him as nothing more than the guy who lost the SB? That is ridiculous (not saying it will happen - just pointing out the fallacy of your pt).

Do you also hold Shanahan responsible for the numerous penalties on both sides of the ball which also helped the Falcons lose this game?

Didn't write KC off. told you that multiple times. KS is the reason why they lost the Super Bowl. Simple as that. I am not recapping the 4th qtr again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your logic I guess that NFL fans only think of Pete Carroll as the guy who lost the SB to the Pats because of his decision to pass in the red zone.

PC is an ass. He is known to be a bad coach. Only successful b/c of his talent around him. I think he is very over rated.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC is an ass. He is known to be a bad coach. Only successful b/c of his talent around him. I think he is very over rated.

LOL. One of only 3 coaches to win a SB & National Championship. Only because of his talent? Whatever you say.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't write KC off. told you that multiple times. KS is the reason why they lost the Super Bowl. Simple as that. I am not recapping the 4th qtr again.

OK - I will just leave on this note. Kyle didn't hold to kill a drive that would have at least resulted in a FG. He didn't miss a block on the Hightower forced fumble. He didn't extend a Pats drive by holding on defense numerous times. He didn't play poor defense in the 2nd half, miss an INT chance in the endzone or not bat the ball away on the miracle catch by the Pats. This is a team loss.

Regardless - even if it is Shanahan's fault he is young & can use this as a learning experience. I guess that you have never made mistakes in your life.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - I will just leave on this note. Kyle didn't hold to kill a drive that would have at least resulted in a FG. He didn't miss a block on the Hightower forced fumble. He didn't extend a Pats drive by holding on defense numerous times. He didn't play poor defense in the 2nd half, miss an INT chance in the endzone or not bat the ball away on the miracle catch by the Pats. This is a team loss.

Regardless - even if it is Shanahan's fault he is young & can use this as a learning experience. I guess that you have never made mistakes in your life.

The force fumble and hold should of never happened b/c there were not in passing situations. You just don't understand that. Taking a 7 step drop on a 3rd and 1 up by 16. Crazy! The Atl defense was on the field way too long. You are clueless. KS blew this game and its not even close.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. One of only 3 coaches to win a SB & National Championship. Only because of his talent? Whatever you say.

So Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. Does that make him a great coach? that guy is a joke.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The force fumble and hold should of never happened b/c there were not in passing situations. You just don't understand that. Taking a 7 step drop on a 3rd and 1 up by 16. Crazy! The Atl defense was on the field way too long. You are clueless. KS blew this game and its not even close.

He also got them to that game.