• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLVII

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday February 2nd at 3:30pm on Fox. Pregame likely to start at dawn.

Early line is Denver -1 to -2.5, but that is an early line.

Game to be held in MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Your Seattle Seahawks vs the Denver Broncos.

Come on Seattle. It's time to party!

And then prepare....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday February 2nd at 3:30pm on Fox. Pregame likely to start at dawn.

Early line is Denver -1 to -2.5, but that is an early line.

Game to be held in MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Your Seattle Seahawks vs the Denver Broncos.

Come on Seattle. It's time to party!

And then prepare....

The line is sure to move plenty in the next two weeks, especially once Harvin's status for the game is determined. If he's ruled out, the line will probably swing (further?) towards Denver and if he's given the go-ahead to play after his next battery of concussion tests it'll probably swing (further?) towards the Seahawks. Any number of things can have an effect on the line between now and February 2nd.

By the way, this is no big deal, but you're missing an "I" in the roman numeral for this Super Bowl. It's Super Bowl XLVIII.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is sure to move plenty in the next two weeks, especially once Harvin's status for the game is determined. If he's ruled out, the line will probably swing (further?) towards Denver and if he's given the go-ahead to play after his next battery of concussion tests it'll probably swing (further?) towards the Seahawks. Any number of things can have an effect on the line between now and February 2nd.

By the way, this is no big deal, but you're missing an "I" in the roman numeral for this Super Bowl. It's Super Bowl XLVIII.

Copy and paste fail then lol. I'm sure Harold can fix that for us. I do know you are right. Just wanted to get something up for this game and put the early line down.

As for Harvin, I see nearly no chance he isn't available as all we have heard after that game last week was he was on concussion protocol and I'm not aware of anyone that has been kept out more than a week with that. He is probably going to be cleared to practice whenever they return to work. I don't know at this time how he will impact that game, but yes, it should have some impact on the line moving.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All year I've been dismissive of Denver as "The Peyton Manning Show" but I saw a whole lot of yards after contact by their receivers today. Their offense is unreal good.

It's gonna come down to the beast, as it usually does with us. Our D can run with anyone, if Marshawn can get it rolling? The ring is ours.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All year I've been dismissive of Denver as "The Peyton Manning Show" but I saw a whole lot of yards after contact by their receivers today. Their offense is unreal good.

It's gonna come down to the beast, as it usually does with us. Our D can run with anyone, if Marshawn can get it rolling? The ring is ours.

What I also saw in that game was the number of passes he completed into even double coverage where the holes were so small it didn't seem a pass completion was possible. They have so many weapons and he is just one of the tops this game has ever had. You aren't going to prevent them from scoring so you better bring something more than we have seen in the last month on the offensive side of the ball or it could be a long day at the office.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy and paste fail then lol. I'm sure Harold can fix that for us. I do know you are right. Just wanted to get something up for this game and put the early line down.

As for Harvin, I see nearly no chance he isn't available as all we have heard after that game last week was he was on concussion protocol and I'm not aware of anyone that has been kept out more than a week with that. He is probably going to be cleared to practice whenever they return to work. I don't know at this time how he will impact that game, but yes, it should have some impact on the line moving.

At this point, if we can roll Harvin out on a stretcher on a 2nd and 3 in the first quarter and he draws defenders off the beast then he was worth it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, I'm not able to edit your mistake, can't change titles to threads

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What scares me a little about their offense these days is that they figured out that you do actually have to run the ball occasionally to keep defenses honest and melt time off the clock. They thoroughly dominated New England for almost the entire game today and a big reason for that was they tempered their usual pass-happy approach by running the ball occasionally to keep the Pats defense off-balance and guessing. They aren't the running threat they were when they had TD running over people and Elway taking advantage of his own mobility to get yardage when his receivers weren't open, but they've shown a willingness to run enough to keep defenses from going all out to stop Manning and to make the play-action pass a more effective weapon. Manning doesn't run much at all, but if the Hawks can't make their running game a non-factor early, Manning is sure to use play-action a lot and try to suck the Seahawks into playing the run, leaving his receivers open to make plays more often.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I'm not able to edit your mistake, can't change titles to threads

HEY HAMMERDOWN, can ya help us out with an extra I ? lol. Missed a year in the title of this thread. :L Missed that as badly as a certain QB throwing at Sherman. :doh:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, if we can roll Harvin out on a stretcher on a 2nd and 3 in the first quarter and he draws defenders off the beast then he was worth it.

I have no doubt he plays and that he has an impact on the game. I guess my only question is how many plays will he be good for this time? Denver may not be the 9'ers or Carolina, but their defense is capable of hitting him hard until he breaks again.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in New York SB weekend on a business trip. Whether I score tickets or not is another story though. I can only imagine how much it will cost to attend that game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Von Miller be back or is he gone for a while?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Von Miller be back or is he gone for a while?

That's a great question. Not sure what his status is, but he could be a difference maker for sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense was good enough today to hold NE to some pretty low offensive numbers. I don't think their defense gets nearly enough credit. While they may not be the LOB, they do quite well against the run and that's our bread and butter. Even with Harvin this may be a long day for that unit.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense was good enough today to hold NE to some pretty low offensive numbers. I don't think their defense gets nearly enough credit. While they may not be the LOB, they do quite well against the run and that's our bread and butter. Even with Harvin this may be a long day for that unit.

Their defense has certainly gotten better than the disaster it was to start the season, but it's still not the caliber of defense that the Seahawks have faced over the last few weeks. Having said that, they did miss a few of their best defenders for large chunks of the season, so that might have skewed the results of their earlier games.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the conference championship games, this is the match-up I was hoping for... Peyton and great passing Denver offense vs Seattle's great pass defense. This has the makings of a classic Super Bowl.

Good luck to the Seahawks.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did however there were some big plays that were there for NE throughout the game, Brady just couldn't hit some open receivers. The opportunities for Seattle will be there, they just gotta take advantage. Obviously the Seahawks will also need to get Lynch going early. He probably won't light it up in terms of ypc but I expect Lynch to get his yards and probably break a long one or two over the course of the game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the preseason and how much stock to put into it, but when these two teams met in August, you got the feeling that they both looked at it as more than a game in August and that there was a good chance that they'd meet again. There was an intensity and a seriousness to that game that most preseason games don't have. Five months later, here we are. I can't wait!

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a defense like ours in the AFC that Denver faced this season? I'm not familiar with the AFC teams.