• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLVII

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a defense like ours in the AFC that Denver faced this season? I'm not familiar with the AFC teams.

No, there isn't. The Chiefs and Bengals finished tied for fifth in scoring defense. The Broncos also only played 2 top 10 passing Ds (Houston, 3rd; New York, 10th). So, the Broncos haven't played a D like this one, but our D really hasn't played an offense like that one, either.

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there isn't. The Chiefs and Bengals finished tied for fifth in scoring defense. The Broncos also only played 2 top 10 passing Ds (Houston, 3rd; New York, 10th). So, the Broncos haven't played a D like this one, but our D really hasn't played an offense like that one, either.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully our defense can limit Manning. Can't wait to see them try and stop Marshawn.

I just hope Percy can play to throw a distraction out there and to let our receivers get more open. I'll always go with my Hawks, but can't see us winning a shootout with them. I'd think we'd need to keep them under 26 pts to win.

How often does Peyton make turnovers?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to add this. But 2013/2014 has been great for Paul Allen, an owner of a football team on the cusp of a Super Bowl and a young, upstart basketball team that is 31-9.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the line is still moving. Currently sitting at Denver -2.5 to -3. The over/under is staying solid at 47.5

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't gamble and don't understand this. Can someone explain what it means? Thanks.

the first number is the odds against the spread. It means Denver -2.5 points. If you bet on Seattle you win if Seattle wins, or loses by 1 or 2 points. If you bet on Denver you only win if Denver wins by 3 or more.

The second number is the combined points of both teams. Currently at 47.5. If you bet on the under then the combined score must be less than 48.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or more simply put, right now the odds makers are favoring Denver to win by a field goal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the preseason and how much stock to put into it, but when these two teams met in August, you got the feeling that they both looked at it as more than a game in August and that there was a good chance that they'd meet again. There was an intensity and a seriousness to that game that most preseason games don't have. Five months later, here we are. I can't wait!

I was at that preseason game and felt like both teams took it seriously. Peyton was throwing for a lot of yards, running the hurry up offense and the Seahawks countered by getting turnovers. Hoping the part of throwing for lots of yards changes, however if the final score stays the same , I'm good with that! 40-10 Seahawks!

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first number is the odds against the spread. It means Denver -2.5 points. If you bet on Seattle you win if Seattle wins, or loses by 1 or 2 points. If you bet on Denver you only win if Denver wins by 3 or more.

The second number is the combined points of both teams. Currently at 47.5. If you bet on the under then the combined score must be less than 48.

Thanks WizardHawks. Makes sense now. Now to figure out how I want to bet once it gets closer to the game. I went all in yesterday and made $500 in vCash.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really had nowhere else to put this and didn't want to make a new thread just for this picture, but how priceless is this?

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really had nowhere else to put this and didn't want to make a new thread just for this picture, but how priceless is this?

That's a cool picture… Wow

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that preseason game and felt like both teams took it seriously. Peyton was throwing for a lot of yards, running the hurry up offense and the Seahawks countered by getting turnovers. Hoping the part of throwing for lots of yards changes, however if the final score stays the same , I'm good with that! 40-10 Seahawks!

It was also 27-7 when Manning left the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line is starting to move back down again. Bovada still has it at Denver -3, but the rest are at -2. Clearly a lot of the money so far has gone to Denver. Question is as the weather looks like it could be bad with that money start shifting again especially early next week?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line is starting to move back down again. Bovada still has it at Denver -3, but the rest are at -2. Clearly a lot of the money so far has gone to Denver. Question is as the weather looks like it could be bad with that money start shifting again especially early next week?

They keep saying there may be another storm front from what i have been hearing i know that would be good for the Hawks but i kinda want a clear game but other fans are hoping for snow from what i have read (Other team fans not Bronco and Hawks).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep saying there may be another storm front from what i have been hearing i know that would be good for the Hawks but i kinda want a clear game but other fans are hoping for snow from what i have read (Other team fans not Bronco and Hawks).

I really don't want to see a storm come in for several reasons. I want to see which team is the best in an honest fight. I neither want either team to have the weather as an excuse nor see reduced playbooks on the biggest stage in football because of it.

Also the league is talking about the possibility of moving the game anywhere from that Friday to Monday if needed to avoid a bad weather situation and that would flat out suck balls. So many have made their annual plans and to have it actually change days would ruin the event for a lot of people. Can you imagine a SB on a Friday? I mean really? If they change the day it will be a huge slap in the face to the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to see a storm come in for several reasons. I want to see which team is the best in an honest fight. I neither want either team to have the weather as an excuse nor see reduced playbooks on the biggest stage in football because of it.

Also the league is talking about the possibility of moving the game anywhere from that Friday to Monday if needed to avoid a bad weather situation and that would flat out suck balls. So many have made their annual plans and to have it actually change days would ruin the event for a lot of people. Can you imagine a SB on a Friday? I mean really? If they change the day it will be a huge slap in the face to the league.

I totally agree agree about a game with no excuses. A game were both teams cans play there best and the best team wins.

As for moving the game to Monday, which is a work day for most of America, would really suck. I just don't see the game being moved, but if they did, I rather they move it up a day, to Saturday.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree agree about a game with no excuses. A game were both teams cans play there best and the best team wins.

As for moving the game to Monday, which is a work day for most of America, would really suck. I just don't see the game being moved, but if they did, I rather they move it up a day, to Saturday.

See this is the major problem with having the game outside in a cold weather city in February. No matter which day they pick to move it to, someone is going to be unhappy/screwed. Whether it's the teams themselves, the network, the fans making the trip east for the game or the event organizers/non-football entertainers (pre-game concert/half-time concert/pre-game parties, etc.), someone is going to be upset.

League officials have to be praying that there won't be a snowstorm in the forecast for Sunday. I don't think they want to deal with the fallout from having to re-schedule the Super Bowl. They already had to deal with the fallout from the power outage/delay from last year's Super Bowl. I'm sure they have contingency plans set up just in case, but they'll have to enact them pretty quickly because weather forecasts get dicier the further out from a particular day you are and they probably won't have a good handle on what it's supposed to do until early next week.

If the Seahawks weren't prominently involved in this game, I'd want the most embarrassing scenario possible to happen to the league and the most embarrassing scenario I can think of is having to re-schedule the Super Bowl because some genius decided it would be a good idea to take everything that encompasses the Super Bowl experience and put it in a city where there was at least a decent chance that it could snow and have the game in an outdoor stadium in that city. Since the Seahawks are prominently involved, I'm hoping that the forecast changes from what it is now and that the snow holds off until February 3rd so the game doesn't have to be re-scheduled.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we will see lots of stories like this about many of our players this week. This one isn't current, but still kind of touches you. Wilson talks about his dad and the influence he had on his life. Looks like the video was made around the time Wilson was going into his season playing for Wisky.