• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to WAPL tonight, the Packers were one of the few teams to inquire about Tebow today.

I'm for it. I don't think he's a good quarterback right now, but let's get him someplace where he's not the man....and he can just work on it. If he improves, he could be a pretty solid backup. He's got the brain. I was not a fan of the hype he got last season. But I'd be a fan of him working his way up. Maybe get into a few weird offensive sets.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow has never impressed me - especially this past year.
Total fluke.

The Jets are fools.

Yea. Thank God. I think I was forgetting what Tebowmania was like. Let the Jets deal with it.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad about the Badgers, Bucky.
15 sec to go & you got the ball, down by 1.
Can't ask for much more than that.
Too bad they fell short.

Still - good job UW!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it, but heard it at work. Did they not have a better shot than that 30 footer or whatever?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it, but heard it at work. Did they not have a better shot than that 30 footer or whatever?
I was at work too - TV was on in residents room - knew they had 15 sec. Next thing I knew it was over. Guess Orange played defense when it counted. UW seemed to have trouble penetrating [as is usually the case]. Would like to think they could've run something better, but, again my back was turned at the time.

Next year!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Clintonville isn't collapsing into a sinkhole yet. That shit is making me paranoid.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the Pack signed anybody of significance besides Jeff Saturday?
The Ravens have been letting a lot of good players go, it seems. :mad:

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more i think about it, the more i like the jeff saturday signing. he's a very cerebral player, probably just as smart on the field as manning, and probably had just as much to do with running that offense, just didnt get all the glory manning did. i think he and rodgers will mesh really well. anyone think rodgers could go in a manning-like direction with this offense? he definitely has the brains. also really like saturday's quotes re: the other linemen. having a leader like him in the locker room is going to have a big impact i think.

packers also looking at anthony hargrove? big dude, dunno much about him though. they need a strong 3-4 end, and if he could fit that need.....

i like what ted thompson is doing. nothing splashy but hopefully impact players.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Saturday - a lot. Very classy with Bob Kraft last year.

Don't think Rodgers needs to go anywhere but in a Rodgers direction.
I think Jeff will help him continue in that direction.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Saturday - a lot. Very classy with Bob Kraft last year.

Don't think Rodgers needs to go anywhere but in a Rodgers direction.
I think Jeff will help him continue in that direction.

agreed. i meant in a broad sense of rodgers having complete control of the offense. i guess i just mean that rodgers can learn a lot about running an offense from saturday. he brings so much more than just physical skill.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday was an extremely important pickup. I don't think there was anyone else out there who we really needed enough to spend money on. We still need D-Linemen and somebody who can mix it up opposite Clay.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might get Dave Tollefson, which could be pretty big for us. We're in the hunt for a couple of other guys, but Tollefson would have the most impact, and i think he started with the Pack.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Saturday certwill take adviceainly has experience, & Rodgers seems like a guy who will take advice & listen [esp. to vets]. Just my opinion / feeling about A.R..

I think Thompson did a great job with this pick-up. Frees the team up to focus on defense in the draft. They could draft a center, but now they don't have to.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might get Dave Tollefson, which could be pretty big for us. We're in the hunt for a couple of other guys, but Tollefson would have the most impact, and i think he started with the Pack.
Yes, he did. Never played in a game for them. I like it when guys come back.
[if they can play]

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he did. Never played in a game for them. I like it when guys come back.
[if they can play]

Not sure he's an every down guy, which is why I'm a little concerned about what our solution is really going to be here. I know they're after a OLB and another DE on top of this. But none of them are studs. Tollefson can be pretty damn effective in certain situations, or at least it seemed that way while he was a Giant.