• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my REAL problem with the loss today:

Going into this year everyone knew you'd get the best the opponent has in an effort to knock off the reigning SB champs.

The Chiefs certainly gave their best today.
But
. . . the Chiefs best is not the Giants best
. . . it's certainly not the Saints best
. . . it's not even the Bears best.

The stinking 5-8 [before the game] Chiefs brought THEIR best.

. . . and the Packers weren't good enough.

They should be ashamed.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game just what the hell happened

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game just what the hell happened
Hard to say gg.

Just did not execute on offense or defense.
Some injuries on o-line, but still - no killer instinct [imo].

Seemed like they let the Chefs dictate the game from the beginning.

That's right - I said "Chefs"!

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit I will have to watch the highlights to see what happened

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit I will have to watch the highlights to see what happened
That's the problem -

There really wasn't any real highlights to speak of. For either side, unless you like to see the Chiefs kick field goals.
Chiefs had 4 [or was it 5?] goal to go situations & got STUFFED [except one time they did get a TD]

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to Jermichael Finley:

SHUT YOUR BIG YAPPER AND CATCH THE DANG BALL!!!!

[I think he must be tripping on his tongue]

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I can catch a replay of the game

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man its always some shitbag team that ends the streaks. Now we ll get to listen to Mercury Morris again on how the 72 fins are still the shit.:mad2:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the legend of the '72 'fins when I was a kid.
Yes, I know GB didn't make 14 wins straight.

But, my point is: 19-0 is infinitely harder than 17-0.
[which is why I am fanatically opposed to an 18 game reg season]

The '72 Dolphins record is antiquated & doesn't mean much in today's game.

Mercury: if anyone ever does go 19-0 you aren't letting them in your club.
The team that accomplishes that will DESTROY your little club, & in the process will build something far superior.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a lot to say here. First off....

1. Greg Jennings. Apparently he's the only reason teams go zone against us. They were man to man all day yesterday and our receivers weren't getting open. When Rodgers did get the ball where it could be caught, they dropped it. Finley should be able to compensate for what we're lacking. That's why we have him. He isn't getting it done.

2. Rodgers has been a bit off lately. Which was bound to happen. You can't play like that forever. But even then, he still gave them a chance to win.

3. The defense has been more than suspect all year. The front 7 can't stop the run. They need Bishop back. Woodson and Matthews aren't the same players they were last year.

4. Tramon Williams is definitely not the same player he was last year, and we miss Nick Collins. They were picking on Peprah a lot last night.

5. The Packers do not like all natural turf ever since they've had that artificial weave in the frozen tundra.

BUT

6. The real panic for me is the offensive line. If the offensive line was healthy, the offense would have been different. That's the story of the game. Yea, the defense got picked on. But.... The offense normally compensates for that. I know it's the pros, and I'm sure Brett Favre thinks he would have been able to do something with the ball that Rodgers didn't, but I think that's bullshit. It all starts with the offensive line, and the offensive line is depleted.

7. And one last thing. McCarthy should have put them in the 2 minute drill a lot earlier.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why they didn't run the no huddle more during the game.

their no huddle is nearly indefensible. and they seem to have gone to it a lot this season when the offense is struggling, or when the home crowd really has it going, both of which seemed true yesterday.

maybe i am oversimplifying, but i think the drops killed them. most inopportune timing. they killed drive after drive. yes aaron was off, but come on guys, he's made plays for you all season, put the ball in places where only you can catch it even if a defender is draped all over you. make a play for him. make a tough catch. make him look good for once instead of the other way around. pure horseshit. if i was ted thompson, i would have cut jermichael at halftime. i can tolerate his attitude if he catches the ball and makes plays. but when i see guys like gronkowski and graham tearing it up, and i think that we were expecting jermichael to be that kind of player, i fuckin start to get pissed off.

re: the defense. i actually thought they played ok. they only gave up 19 points! 4 goal line stands! can't expect them to get 2 ints per game all season long.

yesterday was the perfect storm. rodgers off. receivers shitty. o-line banged up. defense doesn't get a turnover.

i was just talking to a buddy last week, saying that for a team to beat the packers, they will have to have so many things go right for them, that the percentages of all those things going right are very slim. well so far it's 1/14.

i won't panic, but that was a big time thud yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a lot went wrong. A lot of people are complaining about McCarthy not "making adjustments." Sometimes you have to lose to make adjustments. Sometimes you have to lose to light a fire under your ass.

But I'm not sure they can overcome these injuries. They need Bulaga back in a bad bad way.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it strange?

When you're fighting to get in the play-offs, the season isn't long enough.

Once you're in, it can't end soon enough.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it's crazy. Now the unfortunate thing is that they need to win just to make sure they don't go into the playoffs thinking, "Jeeze what's happening? What do we do??"

Lot of talk about Rodgers' game on Sunday from neutral fans, and I think it's hilarious. He still made things happen to keep them in the game despite all the mishaps. Yea, overall, mediocre performance. Like..Peyton Manning..Tom Brady..and Drew Brees have never looked mediocre in defeat.... Hell, I remember one game when Manning was getting sacked all day long and all of the sudden it was all about, "Can Manning throw on the run? Can he scramble when necessary to keep defenses honest? Will his performance drop off significantly now that teams know how to beat him?"

A year later they won the Super Bowl.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing -

They still have a reason to win.
No going in to post-season on cruise control, that's for sure.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we were talking about the scheduling at work last night. I like it. Teams don't want to lose those games, AND, in a bunch of situations, it has actually made the playoff race interesting.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, who wouldn't want to shove a white hot off-season fishing rod right up the bears' and lions' collective assholes right now.

nothing would help me (and i would guess the team) feel better going into the playoffs than punishing division rivals.