• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy about Remember the Koy is that he was mostly right for the majority of the season.

He just underestimated Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
i mean if you predict your team to be amazing every year and the one year it happens, it's kind of hard to pat yourself on the back

although some of his non eagle takes were decent

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I though? I have no issues praising great teams, great players, and great units on teams.
I believe you would, yes

I personally think both statements are true

Eagles had an easy path to SB and were the best team in the NFC

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if you predict your team to be amazing every year and the one year it happens, it's kind of hard to pat yourself on the back

although some of his non eagle takes were decent
I enjoyed his weekly rankings and for the most part thought they were generally accurate, especially the top 10-12 teams. I do think tho he was always a bit too generous with my Bears.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My standards? You are the one proclaiming losing is meaningful.

Reaching the SB is more meaningful than being a loser in the divisional round especially after losing to the competition for 28 years. In that time the Eagles went to the SB four times.

Since winning the 1995 SB, Dallas has gone no further than losing in 7 divisional games, 28 years of mediocrity. The Eagles have made it to the Conference Championship 8 times since. Who’s proclaiming losing meaningful?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reaching the SB is more meaningful than being a loser in the divisional round especially after losing to the competition for 28 years. In that time the Eagles went to the SB four times.

Since winning the 1995 SB, Dallas has gone no further than losing in 7 divisional games, 28 years of mediocrity. The Eagles have made it to the Conference Championship 8 times since. Who’s proclaiming losing meaningful?
You are. :L Over and over and over. Losing is losing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles obviously benefited from a weak schedule in the regular season and perhaps more so in the playoffs. BUT, they dominated a lot of those games so I think this (even though I'm sure in jest) comes up a little short. For example, and I'm not saying the Eagles were better or at least significantly better than SF, but that particular day does anyone actually think the 49ers beat the Eagles if Purdy doesn't get hurt? It's not like an elite QB got knocked out of the game. And in the SB even with how crappy the Eagles D played on that particular day, I'm not sure how many teams other than KC would have beaten them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only one team a year has a successful campaign?
No, not to me. Some teams can have a "successful" year by just winning more than they lose or by improving from the prior year. The Cowboys for example with two playoff wins would have IMO had a "successful" year. That's different than bragging about losing the SB as an accomplishment in and of itself. Maybe it's just me. But the goal is to win not come in second and the success of having a good year is only meaningful to me if it is seen as a step towards winning a future SB

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not to me. Some teams can have a "successful" year by just winning more than they lose or by improving from the prior year. The Cowboys for example with two playoff wins would have IMO had a "successful" year. That's different than bragging about losing the SB as an accomplishment in and of itself. Maybe it's just me. But the goal is to win not come in second and the success of having a good year is only meaningful to me if it is seen as a step towards winning a future SB
Is that what he’s doing? Was he bragging? Seems to me like he was comparing two franchises that have been going in different directions for the last 25 years and presenting evidence to substantiate it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what he’s doing? Was he bragging? Seems to me like he was comparing two franchises that have been going in different directions for the last 25 years and presenting evidence to substantiate it.
Absolutely it seems to be and he is highlighting losing in the SB and NFC Championship games to toot his teams horn. I guess everyone's goal is different, but mine isn't to see my team lose a SB and whether they have or haven't over the past couple decades doesn't change that

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely it seems to be and he is highlighting losing in the SB and NFC Championship games to toot his teams horn. I guess everyone's goal is different, but mine isn't to see my team lose a SB and whether they have or haven't over the past couple decades doesn't change that
The goal is the same for Eagles fans.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was a hold, sucks but it was a hold, and all the bullshit banter about "You don't make that call in the SB", please STFU it it's a penalty you make the call
Really?

That’s rich from a Pats fan whose team got away with plenty on holds in SB’s that were never called.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the game plays... drama overreaction consumes 95%.

Pitch a tent and aim low cause they are now riding shetlands.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

That’s rich from a Pats fan whose team got away with plenty on holds in SB’s that were never called.
Any persons fan base has zero to do with it. Honestly grow up.