• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs offensive line was the real MVP
I'm not sure I would give them 100% credit.

To me it look like the KC's offensive play calls revolved around keeping the Philly pass rush off balance.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would give them 100% credit.

To me it look like the KC's offensive play calls revolved around keeping the Philly pass rush off balance.
The players have to execute but that’s a clinic on scheming to protect your QB from Andy. He utilized TEs, backs chipping, he moved the launch point, he employed play action, he dialed up the quick game. Andy Reid with 2 weeks to prepare is a formidable task to handle and the Eagles D weren’t up for it.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the 26 year Super Bowl dry spell for Dallas is ridiculous. 1996 is a looooong time. I remember Cowboys great years of Stauback and Aikman but that’s ancient history. Eagles have been to the SB twice in the last 6 years.
trying being a viking fan

I'm 43. Minnesota has been to NFCG several times in my life time and always heartbreaking defeat

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players have to execute but that’s a clinic on scheming to protect your QB from Andy. He utilized TEs, backs chipping, he moved the launch point, he employed play action, he dialed up the quick game. Andy Reid with 2 weeks to prepare is a formidable task to handle and the Eagles D weren’t up for it.
Yeah, for sure and it should be noted that the Chiefs ran the ball way better than the Eagles did. Your RBs were basically eliminated. Jalen was the only one having any real success on the ground and the running game has been the bread and butter all year. I think Gainwell was the only back that had any yards after contact. It was a little surprising to me that they had so few carries considering they were playing with the lead for a good chunk of the game but have to give the Chiefs front credit for taking it away, I suppose. I like Sirianni and I think your boys have a good future but Andy Reid is probably the greatest on the offensive side of the ball we've ever seen. He did credit Bienemy though for the second half adjustments. I think it was Bienemy who noticed the Eagles defenders cheating a little on those jet sweeps and motions and switched it up to the stop and reverses that had so much success. I think KC's speed had the Eagles LBs and Safeties trying to get a head start.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the 26 year Super Bowl dry spell for Dallas is ridiculous. 1996 is a looooong time. I remember Cowboys great years of Stauback and Aikman but that’s ancient history. Eagles have been to the SB twice in the last 6 years.
Been to doesn't mean shit and 5 years in in the rear view too

1676381356785.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure and it should be noted that the Chiefs ran the ball way better than the Eagles did. Your RBs were basically eliminated. Jalen was the only one having any real success on the ground and the running game has been the bread and butter all year. I think Gainwell was the only back that had any yards after contact. It was a little surprising to me that they had so few carries considering they were playing with the lead for a good chunk of the game but have to give the Chiefs front credit for taking it away, I suppose. I like Sirianni and I think your boys have a good future but Andy Reid is probably the greatest on the offensive side of the ball we've ever seen. He did credit Bienemy though for the second half adjustments. I think it was Bienemy who noticed the Eagles defenders cheating a little on those jet sweeps and motions and switched it up to the stop and reverses that had so much success. I think KC's speed had the Eagles LBs and Safeties trying to get a head start.
That was the Eagles offense taking what the defense gave them. I have no critique of the offense’s plan. Any short comings on offense were the result of Eagles mistakes- the Hurts fumble, handful of penalties. The Chiefs wanted Hurts to beat them with his arm and he racked up the best QBR in the history of the Super Bowl.

The defense was the opposite side of the coin.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your wife know you’re gay? Maybe this could help her understand why you’re not able to please her in the bedroom.
More Eagle tears! Let it rain!
baby crying GIF
cry baby GIF
baby cry GIF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Eagles offense taking what the defense gave them. I have no critique of the offense’s plan. Any short comings on offense were the result of Eagles mistakes- the Hurts fumble, handful of penalties. The Chiefs wanted Hurts to beat them with his arm and he racked up the best QBR in the history of the Super Bowl.

The defense was the opposite side of the coin.
Whether you want to credit talent or coaching on that side of the ball, it's tough to argue with 35 points and a late TD to tie it and 2 PT conversion. The run game (other than Hurts) wasn't really there as it has been this year but that was likely due to KC and Philly passed more because of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you want to credit talent or coaching on that side of the ball, it's tough to argue with 35 points and a late TD to tie it and 2 PT conversion. The run game (other than Hurts) wasn't really there as it has been this year but that was likely due to KC and Philly passed more because of it.
All year, the Eagles have been built to win a bunch of different ways. The offense did their job to play complimentary football. They generated a lead for the defense. The defense needs one stop in that 2H and they didn’t get it. Seemed very similar to LII and 41-33. The defense gave up 500 passing yards to Brady but in the big moment, Brandon Graham found a way to make a play and they got an all important turnover that sealed the game. That didn’t happen on Sunday night.