• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I've been a Chiefs fan since the '67 season I'd have to go with yes... :D

Wow. That's awesome. You are the go to guy to ask about the old NFL and old AFL. First question: How good was Namath really?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Like Donks fans didn't throw crap in our faces, ESPECIALLY during the Elway years...

That’s just how sports fans get so I get it, all in good fun. I’d say about 90% of Chief fans I know(including my GF’s whole family) are normal level headed nice people. It’s just the other 10% that make you want to see them lose and give the fanbase a bad name.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's awesome. You are the go to guy to ask about the old NFL and old AFL. First question: How good was Namath really?
Compared to QB's now? Lol he'd get smoked today because he was a sitting duck in the pocket. Reason the guy retired when he did was because his knees were going bad. Did have an attitude to him, though...

Dawson was my guy back then. Had cats like Otis Taylor and Ed Podolak for weapons. Jan Stenerud was our kicker. Used to tweak his face mask before he booted one through. Back then there was something of a "controversy" because kickers, at least some of them, were ex soccer players...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to QB's now? Lol he'd get smoked today because he was a sitting duck in the pocket. Reason the guy retired when he did was because his knees were going bad. Did have an attitude to him, though...

Dawson was my guy back then. Had cats like Otis Taylor and Ed Podolak for weapons. Jan Stenerud was our kicker. Used to tweak his face mask before he booted one through. Back then there was something of a "controversy" because kickers, at least some of them, were ex soccer players...

Namath compared to QB's back then? Is it true that he had arm strength that no one had ever seen before? That's what the HBO documentary said. There were people saying that when he passed the ball, it made a different sound than other QB's. The documentary also said that he was a very good runner until he injured his knee in college.

I know a little bit about Super Bowl 4 because of watching a lot of NFL Films when I was in my twenties. Hank Stram seems like a very charismatic guy. Kickers were really bad back then, right? I think Stenerud was one of the exceptions, and hence, he is in the Hall of Fame.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namath compared to QB's back then? Is it true that he had arm strength that no one had ever seen before? That's what the HBO documentary said. There were people saying that when he passed the ball, it made a different sound than other QB's. The documentary also said that he was a very good runner until he injured his knee in college.

I know a little bit about Super Bowl 4 because of watching a lot of NFL Films when I was in my twenties. Hank Stram seems like a very charismatic guy. Kickers were really bad back then, right? I think Stenerud was one of the exceptions, and hence, he is in the Hall of Fame.
As I said, soccer style kickers were fairly new back then. And yes, Namath had a pretty strong arm. Bit of a gunslinger's mentality too...

Didn't really follow the Jets/Titans all that much back then because I was new to following the NFL. but I kinda remember some of the "pre-merger" stuff, mostly where it concerned Tex Schramm and Lamar Hunt pioneering it. Al Davis was kind of a driving force behind the merger too, though I think he woulda preferred the AFL putting the NFL outta commission lol...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty spot on. The only thing I'll add is that though Purdy played good and he was mistake free for the most part, he never broke through last night with great play. He was knocking on the door to make that next step, but he never got there. Somewhere Cam Newton is laughing and saying that he's right about Purdy being a game manager.
Cue Cam Newton post Super Bowl press conference where Broncos players were talking about their, (successful), game plan being to force Newton to throw the ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"big whoop some goofy bet the equivalent of a house on a game, people do weird shit and get away with it"

*Looks again*

THE MAN BET IN BITCOIN!?!?

~$54,367,800,000 Staked

~$112,950,000,000 Payout

That has to be fake. Ain't noooooo way.
That was Drake.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just came out that this was the most watched TV program in television history.

I am busy today so if someone can start to bump the threads about how the NFL is in big trouble and headed for the poor house from years back when viewership declined slightly yoy once or twice so we can all have a good chuckle.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa! So this Feliciano guy seems like a real piece of shit.