• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well earned and I hope one day I can say the same for the Hawks

Hawks I think have a good shot. There's a TON of talent on that roster and Seattle got the best head coach candidate in the league. Seattle's O was almost top 10 in YPA last year.. we just sucked in TOP because Carroll's dumbass defense allowed 8 minutes on every drive for opposing offenses. If Seattle fielded an AVERAGE (16th or so) defense they would've gone 11 wins and probably won a playoff game or two. And that's with an NES Tecmo Bowl offensive playbook.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks I think have a good shot. There's a TON of talent on that roster and Seattle got the best head coach candidate in the league. Seattle's O was almost top 10 in YPA last year.. we just sucked in TOP because Carroll's dumbass defense allowed 8 minutes on every drive for opposing offenses. If Seattle fielded an AVERAGE (16th or so) defense they would've gone 11 wins and probably won a playoff game or two. And that's with an NES Tecmo Bowl offensive playbook.
The roster is descent but need that QB for next level status.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I will say that 43-8 beat down y'all put on Denver was a work of art. That shoulda been hung up in a museum or something... :D

I can't remember the last time I've watched a Super Bowl where it just seemed over right after half. The Broncos were all pumped up, they were ready to go, and then Harvin's return just sucked everything out of them. I still remember Manning's face... it was just utter shock. Even I was watching the game (as a diehard Hawks fan) and I remember saying to myself quietly (I don't do Super Bowl parties) "Are you fucking kidding me?"

That was the most ridiculous thing ever. The 9ers in the 90s against the Broncos were supposed to kill them, which they did... the 86 Bears were supposed to annihilate the Pats. The Seahawks were NOT the favorite and all the talking heads were betting money on Denver along with the media....

Seattle IMO is the biggest SBOWL beatdown/upset in NFL history... and then they followed it up a year later with that dumbass pass over the middle of the field. (seriously, could not have Wilson roll out?)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This face...

1707785315169.png

I mean as a Seahawks fan, that was my face as well. Like, "Seriously?"

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This face...

View attachment 354329

I mean as a Seahawks fan, that was my face as well. Like, "Seriously?"
Like I said, a work of art...

You cats seriously brought the pain that game. I'm sure Mannings three generations from now are gonna have Legion of Doom nightmares...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, a work of art...

You cats seriously brought the pain that game. I'm sure Mannings three generations from now are gonna have Legion of Doom nightmares...

Would be pretty cool if we could get a Seahawks/Chiefs reunion in an SBOWL in the near future. Not holding my breath, but a Hawks/Chiefs game is always a fun watch.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching condensed version of yesterday’s SB. Forgot about that INT by SF to give them great field position to start Q3, followed by a 3 and out. That seems now like a crucial series that SF did not capitalize on.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I will say that 43-8 beat down y'all put on Denver was a work of art. That shoulda been hung up in a museum or something... :D

Shame Mahomes never did his homework though. Should’ve at least asked Manning the recipe for beating Brady in the playoffs, considering not only did Mahomes never beat him when it counted, but he also got beat down in the Super Bowl by him as well.

But the past is the past and your Chiefs went 50 years between Super Bowl wins, thankfully, it’s only been 8 for us But obviously anyone would be smart to take being a Chiefs fan nowadays compared to being a fan of Denver’s.

Rivals or not it’s definitely impressive what you guys are doing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching condensed version of yesterday’s SB. Forgot about that INT by SF to give them great field position to start Q3, followed by a 3 and out. That seems now like a crucial series that SF did not capitalize on.
i think the first thing outta Andy's mouth was how bout that D.

they were so good in the playoffs. KC could very well make a strong push for three.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling like a champion... :D

majestic the rock GIF

427891588_944388557231867_7945678794691703954_n.jpg

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame Mahomes never did his homework though. Should’ve at least asked Manning the recipe for beating Brady in the playoffs, considering not only did Mahomes never beat him when it counted, but he also got beat down in the Super Bowl by him as well.

But the past is the past and your Chiefs went 50 years between Super Bowl wins, thankfully, it’s only been 8 for us But obviously anyone would be smart to take being a Chiefs fan nowadays compared to being a fan of Denver’s.

Rivals or not it’s definitely impressive what you guys are doing.
Past is the past...

Present-4 rings>3 :heh:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past is the past...

Present-4 rings>3 :heh:

You guys have a hell of a team. I live in mid Missouri so trust me I hear all of it from Chiefs fans every day.

Judging by what I know about you, you’re a lot older than me so you’ve had to experience your team sucking for a lot more years than I have mine. I just hope it doesn’t take Denver half a century to win another one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a hell of a team. I live in mid Missouri so trust me I hear all of it from Chiefs fans every day.

Judging by what I know about you, you’re a lot older than me so you’ve had to experience your team sucking for a lot more years than I have mine. I just hope it doesn’t take Denver half a century to win another one.

LOL. @Black Adam, were you a fan back in Super Bowl 4?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Like Donks fans didn't throw crap in our faces, ESPECIALLY during the Elway years...
Guess we'll see...

Currently we got the ring count AND the all time vs series. All good in MY 'hood... :D