• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl coming up

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flipside to the whole 'Patriots outplayed the Chiefs' thing is that they almost had 5 turnovers against the Chiefs.

-Berry dropped an INT that he had both hands on.
-Ford lined up offsides on an INT that would've clinched the game.
-Punt missed Edelman's thumbs by less than an inch.

I'm not saying the Patriots were sloppy or lucky but its hard to actually use the Chiefs game for predicting.

It never hurts to be lucky too. I thought when Brady threw his INT in the endzone in the first half that it would come back to bite them badly by games end. It turns out they were able to overcome that.

If anything had been different we'd all be talking another story. When the games are this close everything matters.

The parts that are more predictable is the huge time of possession difference, number of successful 3rd down attempts by the Pats. Numbers of sacks and pressures on Mahommes vs those on Brady.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters but I also dislike both teams with a passion but I do love the game and will watch simply because of what it is. I will say that any of this notion that there will be some blow-out isn't very rational. We really haven't had many of those recently and I think this match-up is pretty close. One thing for the Rams is they should hope Gurley comes out a lot better than he did the other day.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flipside to the whole 'Patriots outplayed the Chiefs' thing is that they almost had 5 turnovers against the Chiefs.

-Berry dropped an INT that he had both hands on.
-Ford lined up offsides on an INT that would've clinched the game.
-Punt missed Edelman's thumbs by less than an inch.

I'm not saying the Patriots were sloppy or lucky but its hard to actually use the Chiefs game for predicting.
Especially when the Chief interception was cancel late in the game by a Chief being offside.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when the Chief interception was cancel late in the game by a Chief being offside.

Edelman's not catching the ball, was prob a 14 pt swing , at least 10 and then Gronk's goes right out of his hands on that play, Thank God Ford was offsides. KC had their chances/ Pats almost gave the game away

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh heck, I am going to say it. The Chiefs defense IS bad and the Patriots WERE sloppy and lucky.

They looked pretty good against Indy.. Plus the flaws of the KC defense aren't usually as exposed when your offense is pumping out points like crazy.

Except against the Patriots they went scoreless for the entire 1st half. Both Kelce and Hill had below average games and with that time of possession difference the KC defense was in bad shape by the second half. So the Patriots actually could go toe to toe with the KC offense when they finally got going. The game was sort of sloppy on both sides but it was a hell of a game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tradition lives on in the LSD household. A big ol' pot of chili, lots of brewskis, and then kicking back to watch the ONLY game all year that will not first be DVR'd. That's because the better half loves the commercials more than the game itself, so once a year I appease.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reason Tom Brady is the Pats logo in that chart even though he had jack shit to do with their first 2 SB appearances?

Isn't Belichick just as, if not more, appropriate? Or hell, even Robert Kraft since he was apart of more appearances?

I'll take my answer off air.

Drew Bledsoe had started 0-2 and wasn't leading them to the Superbowl. Brady's a winner, and the team fed off of it. In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters but I also dislike both teams with a passion but I do love the game and will watch simply because of what it is. I will say that any of this notion that there will be some blow-out isn't very rational. We really haven't had many of those recently and I think this match-up is pretty close. One thing for the Rams is they should hope Gurley comes out a lot better than he did the other day.
Gurley will be ready, the Saints have a good run defense. They were able to stop the Rams both Gurley and the Bowling ball.
I'm not so sure the Patriots will be able to do the same.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Bledsoe had started 0-2 and wasn't leading them to the Superbowl. Brady's a winner, and the team fed off of it. In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.

Nah, I made mistake in the first post thinking it was 9 total for the organization when it was really 9 total since 2001. That's what I meant. Brady had nothing to do with the teams that lost to the Bears and Packers respectively. The chart is correct. I explained myself like two posts after that one.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I made mistake in the first post thinking it was 9 total for the organization when it was really 9 total since 2001. That's what I meant. Brady had nothing to do with the teams that lost to the Bears and Packers respectively. The chart is correct. I explained myself like two posts after that one.

Some of my Pats breathen are a little too defensive Full House unedited for everyone!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley will be ready, the Saints have a good run defense. They were able to stop the Rams both Gurley and the Bowling ball.
It's so important for the Rams to get the run going. But again it will be important for the Pats to get the run going. Never forget the 2002 (2001season) SB, the Rams were a 14 point favorite and the kid Brady and the Pats won. That game put Brady on the map.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats defense isn't bad against the run. They were ranked 11th. Against the pass, they were 22nd.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats defense isn't bad against the run. They were ranked 11th. Against the pass, they were 22nd.
That's why the run is so important for the Rams, if they can run the ball it will open up the passing. Of course that can go both ways.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's true but the Saints really did a good job against Gurley in both games the Rams had with them. I think he is due for a big game.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so important for the Rams to get the run going. But again it will be important for the Pats to get the run going. Never forget the 2002 (2001season) SB, the Rams were a 14 point favorite and the kid Brady and the Pats won. That game put Brady on the map.
I can never forget that. :L