• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns fire Hornacek

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Idk if I'd like that or not. I've heard mixed reviews of him.

He'd actually be a great hire, imo.

Everyone harps on his lack of coaching knowledge, which is undeniably true. However, he was able to do 3 great things in his time with the Warriors:

1) He changed the culture and attitude of a "loser" franchise.
2) He allowed young guys like Curry, Thompson, Green to all flourish under him. He basically did the exact opposite of what Byron Scott is doing in LA.
3) He never spoke a bad word in public about any of his players (albeit at the very end with Bogut about him playing hurt, when he knew his job was on the line and).

He was able to help build the team up at it's foundation. He's limited otherwise, but for a 2-3 year run I have no doubts he could stabilize the team from his position. Front office would be a whole different thing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire David Blatt if you want to watch shitty hero ball offense and no energy.

Not really fair. Blatt's name might have been on the record line, but he qas never really the coach of the Cavs. LeBron sabotaged him before he was ever given a shot to earn LeBron's respect. Blatt could have handled things differently, but I think he deserves another chance with a young, rebuilding team like the Suns.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have these same franchises, that will never make that next level, because they think the thing to do, is to fire coach after coach to fix the problems.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have these same franchises, that will never make that next level, because they think the thing to do, is to fire coach after coach to fix the problems.

Hornacek lost the locker room, it was absolutely the right move. It's a shame it came down that, and it's definitely not just his fault by any means (ownership is AWFUL), but if you don't have the players' respect and there are good candidates on the market then it's pretty much a no brainer.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd actually be a great hire, imo.

Everyone harps on his lack of coaching knowledge, which is undeniably true. However, he was able to do 3 great things in his time with the Warriors:

1) He changed the culture and attitude of a "loser" franchise.
2) He allowed young guys like Curry, Thompson, Green to all flourish under him. He basically did the exact opposite of what Byron Scott is doing in LA.
3) He never spoke a bad word in public about any of his players (albeit at the very end with Bogut about him playing hurt, when he knew his job was on the line and).

He was able to help build the team up at it's foundation. He's limited otherwise, but for a 2-3 year run I have no doubts he could stabilize the team from his position. Front office would be a whole different thing.

Yeah I think he really helped elevate Steph and Klay's game. Maybe he could do the same to Bledose-Booker.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but if we did hire him I wouldn't complain.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Price is a coach killer.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams don't give coaches a long enough chance to prove themselves. As soon as things go bad, it seems like the coach is the fall guy.

Except when you know the coach is bad.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams don't give coaches a long enough chance to prove themselves. As soon as things go bad, it seems like the coach is the fall guy.
The Suns biggest problem is Ryan McDonough

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns biggest problem is Ryan McDonough

1) $arver
2) McDoucher
3) Babby

All of them are clowns. I liked McDonough at first, but he's way too aggressive on the trade market and not in a good way. He's made a couple good moves, but the bad ones outweigh any good he's done.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) $arver
2) McDoucher
3) Babby

All of them are clowns. I liked McDonough at first, but he's way too aggressive on the trade market and not in a good way. He's made a couple good moves, but the bad ones outweigh any good he's done.
Also minus Booker, he has done pretty terrible in the draft. Even Alex Len looks nothing like a top 5 pick and he's always hurt.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting to see if Warren can break out and I don't know what to think of Goodwin. Wildly inconsistent and his jumpshot is not very good.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting to see if Warren can break out and I don't know what to think of Goodwin. Wildly inconsistent and his jumpshot is not very good.

Len's draft was a pretty bad draft class overall though. I mean, Anthony Bennett went first and there aren't too many great players in that draft as a whole. Goodwin at 29 and Warren at 14 are pretty decent values I'd say. His drafting has been alright, nothing special. Booker just fell into our laps.

In my opinion, Hornacek isn't great at developing draft picks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know PHX will hire D'Antoni again.

In a way, I feel bad for Hornacek. He did very well his first year, really overachieving. The Suns came back down to Earth in his 2nd year but I thought he still did a pretty good job considering he was managing a 3 point guard lineup thanks to some wonky FO moves. They've been a mess this year though. If Bledsoe was healthy, maybe its different, but he's been doing things that don't even make sense with some of his line ups. Maybe its best for both parties to move on and get a fresh start.

From what I've read and heard from respected NBA reporters, I'll be surprised if he gets a HC gig any time soon. Long story short, he was basically a dictatorial asshole to every non-player he was around and that has turned him off to MANY NBA front offices. He's lost ton of respect.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think he really helped elevate Steph and Klay's game. Maybe he could do the same to Bledose-Booker.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but if we did hire him I wouldn't complain.

Some people think Jackson held them back -- particularly Curry. I heard someplace the analogy of Curry swinging a baseball bat with a donut on it when Jackson was the coach. Once the donut was removed with Kerr as coach -- he flourished.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people think Jackson held them back -- particularly Curry. I heard someplace the analogy of Curry swinging a baseball bat with a donut on it when Jackson was the coach. Once the donut was removed with Kerr as coach -- he flourished.

I don't think he held Curry back per say, but Kerr put him in the best position to maximize his skill set. Jackson ran a very unsophisticated offense which was definitely a deterrent to Curry's current play. If anything Keith Smart was the one who held Curry back. He would frequently replace him in late game situations or give him a quick pull for the legendary Acie Law.

Once Jackson got there, he allowed Curry to make mistakes and learn from them. The same goes for Klay and he gave Draymond, a second round pick, immediate playing time based on his merit and work in practices. That's the kind of coach you want for a youthful roster full of potential.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Bledsoe, now TJ Warren out for the season.

This year just keeps getting better and better :L

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no more Tucson folks running the Suns. Keep Luke out of PHX!