• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns exploring trade for Pau Gasol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.. LA and Phoenix are identical. Take away the beach and the they are mirror images. Perhaps LA has more gang ridden neighborhoods but who knows?

First of all the two towns are not even close to being identical - population is less, gang activity I expect to be less, but being closer to the board more problems with human smugging and drug smuggling vs the board patrol. It's a small town market and the Suns would never be able to spend the money like Los Angeles. Don't misunderstand me - I have driven through Phoenix and it's a nice place to visit, but if you are a wealthy athlete like Gasol - your first choice is going to be beverly Hills with other rich people - not a financial dump like Phoenix

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all the two towns are not even close to being identical - population is less, gang activity I expect to be less, but being closer to the board more problems with human smugging and drug smuggling vs the board patrol. It's a small town market and the Suns would never be able to spend the money like Los Angeles. Don't misunderstand me - I have driven through Phoenix and it's a nice place to visit, but if you are a wealthy athlete like Gasol - your first choice is going to be beverly Hills with other rich people - not a financial dump like Phoenix

Phoenix is a "small town market"? Interesting. Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the country. :scratch:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni should have won multiple titles with all the talent he had, he never pushed his players hard enough and never encouraged defense. His work in LA confirms that if anything. I bet a coach like Hornacek could get a lot more out of the Lakers than he has.

Actually, the Suns likely would have won at least one title under D'Antoni had Horry not cross checked Nash into the boards in the series with San Antonio.

As for his work with the Lakers, the Lakers have been so depleted by injury that they've brought up 2 players from the D-league and are still only suiting up about 9 per game.

The Lakers are missing Kobe, Nash, Farmar, Blake and Xavier Henry. Prior to all of the injuries, they were 10-9, starting to gel and even playing some defense.

The Lakers have literally used a different lineup, every other game this season. Not an excuse, it is what it is and they have to get through it, but it also makes any kind of communication and trust (which are required for a good defense) extremely difficult. That's not the coaches fault. Just a lot of bad luck.

Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Red Auerbach all coaching together couldn't get any more out of this team than he has. There's a point where you just don't have enough guys who can play.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not comparing Phoenix to Beverly Hills but to say that there are no wealthy people here is quite ignorant. Phoenix may not be the entertainment capital of the world but it isn't Cleveland either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix is a "small town market"? Interesting. Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the country. :scratch:

Nothing wrong with Phoenix. Great town!! Some of my fellow Lakers fans need to get out more!!:lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scottsdale has kinda turned into east-Beverly Hills in terms of tons of celebrities and athletes residing there. You'd be surprised how many "big names" live in Arizona (or have a second house there)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why haven't they ever won a championship in the last 30 years?

Los Angeles - 3.8 million

Phoenix - 1.4 million and only slightly larger then San Antonio which is also considered a small market.

I like Phoenix - close to Grand Canyon - on the way to Sedona which is a nice vacation spot - but the flat out truth is Phoenix is not a preferred destination for most athletes - but certainly more preferred then a shit hole like Cleveland - I will grant you that

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: & if you're someone that doesn't like to live in the city, but do love the vibe, their are plenty of other counties around LA that are real nice to live in like, Alhambra, Altadena, Pasadena, Encino, Riverside, Orange County, All the Inland areas, beautiful places to live & raise a family while still being not too far from the beach. :cool2:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Suns likely would have won at least one title under D'Antoni had Horry not cross checked Nash into the boards in the series with San Antonio.

As for his work with the Lakers, the Lakers have been so depleted by injury that they've brought up 2 players from the D-league and are still only suiting up about 9 per game.

The Lakers are missing Kobe, Nash, Farmar, Blake and Xavier Henry. Prior to all of the injuries, they were 10-9, starting to gel and even playing some defense.

The Lakers have literally used a different lineup, every other game this season. Not an excuse, it is what it is and they have to get through it, but it also makes any kind of communication and trust (which are required for a good defense) extremely difficult. That's not the coaches fault. Just a lot of bad luck.

Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Red Auerbach all coaching together couldn't get any more out of this team than he has. There's a point where you just don't have enough guys who can play.

The Suns haven't had many injury problems but to say that a different coach can't get a lot more out of less can be debated. Hornacek has taken a team of journeymen, undrafted and underperforming guys, and guys who played overseas and in the d league to a 29-18 record while missing its 1b player. Obviously the Lakers injury problems are severe but that doesn't mean that they don't have to play hard which seems to be the case under Dantoni.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottsdale has kinda turned into east-Beverly Hills in terms of tons of celebrities and athletes residing there. You'd be surprised how many "big names" live in Arizona (or have a second house there)

I haven't been through Scottsdale in decades. The interstate 10 at the time detoured through there if I remember correctly - that might be before you was born though if you're not over 30 years of age

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summers are hell but people get used to it, I don't see what makes a place like Chicago aka "Chiraq" more appealing than a place like Phoenix with pleasant weather for most of the year rather than tons of cold and snow.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: & if you're someone that doesn't like to live in the city, but do love the vibe, their are plenty of other counties around LA that are real nice to live in like, Alhambra, Altadena, Pasadena, Encino, Riverside, Orange County, All the Inland areas, beautiful places to live & raise a family while still being not too far from the beach. :cool2:

I could see myself retiring in Phoenix, but the medical care is the best in Los Angeles, closer to the beach, more entertainment, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, Leggo Land, San Diego Zoo, The USS Aircraft Carrier in San Diego, Sea World, Universal Studios, The Beaches. Los Angeles is the only area where you can drive an hour or two and go sking in the same day or go to the beach. Then there are the nude resorts with beautiful naked women at Blacks Beach and the resorts in Palm Springs also another preferred vacation spot.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summers are hell but people get used to it, I don't see what makes a place like Chicago aka "Chiraq" more appealing than a place like Phoenix with pleasant weather for most of the year rather than tons of cold and snow.

Hot as hell in the summer day and freezing temperatures at night - you can die in the desert real fast or freeze to death if you get lost. I don't remember too many earthquakes, or hurricanes though. I think they may get a few tornados though

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot as hell in the summer day and freezing temperatures at night - you can die in the desert real fast or freeze to death if you get lost. I don't remember too many earthquakes, or hurricanes though. I think they may get a few tornados though

Umm no. Phoenix hardly gets below 50 degrees and we NEVER get earthquakes, Hurricanes, or tornadoes. My god.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see myself retiring in Phoenix, but the medical care is the best in Los Angeles, closer to the beach, more entertainment, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, Leggo Land, San Diego Zoo, The USS Aircraft Carrier in San Diego, Sea World, Universal Studios, The Beaches. Los Angeles is the only area where you can drive an hour or two and go sking in the same day or go to the beach. Then there are the nude resorts with beautiful naked women at Blacks Beach and the resorts in Palm Springs also another preferred vacation spot.

Exactly other place that are real cool are Oxnard, Irvine & Perris. I was also dating some cute females from those areas. San Dimas is also awesome with Ranging Waters & let's not forget we have the big mountains like big bear & Azuza, Man I love Southern Cali.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot as hell in the summer day and freezing temperatures at night - you can die in the desert real fast or freeze to death if you get lost. I for remember too many earthquakes, or hurricanes though. I think they may get a few tornados though

Virtually no natural disasters barring the rare 2.1 earthquake or small tornado in an extreme storm. And the temps in Phoenix don't get too cold, the low tonight is 41 which isn't exactly the South Pole.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, changing the topic that may have been the worst Super Bowl I can remember. Pathetic performance by Denver.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually no natural disasters barring the rare 2.1 earthquake or small tornado in an extreme storm. And the temps in Phoenix don't get too cold, the low tonight is 41 which isn't exactly the South Pole.

That's not bad right now, but it can get pretty cold sometimes even in the desert which can be a very harsh climate if you were to get lost or stranded out there. Most of these athletes though like bigger towns because there is more entertainment. It is not uncommon for them to be taking their kids to Disneyland once a month or so

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, changing the topic that may have been the worst Super Bowl I can remember. Pathetic performance by Denver.

I am happy for the Seahawks - I have no preference and haven't watched a superbowl in the last few years. Football, just never did excite me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly other place that are real cool are Oxnard, Irvine & Perris. I was also dating some cute females from those areas. San Dimas is also awesome with Ranging Waters & let's not forget we have the big mountains like big bear & Azuza, Man I love Southern Cali.

I was in Monrovia today and dropped a friend off from church in Azusa - lol