• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns exploring trade for Pau Gasol

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L To answer you both at the same time. Fast break points are not scored by all 5 guys flying down the court at the same time. Fast breaks are run with 3 (maybe 4) players. Pau would give you the half court scoring/passing option that you currently lack and will desperately need in the playoffs when the game becomes more half-court.

I've seen Len and Plumlee play. I'm not impressed. Pau is better than both and both could learn a great deal from him.

You guys have something like 6 picks coming up. A first rounder and Okafor or a first and 2nd round pick would be perfectly fair and still leave you with plenty of picks.

Well said.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My uncle owns a llama farm in Michigan.. Maybe I should tell him Gasol is on the trading blocks. :laugh3:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real, the Suns are likely a first round exit which isn't terrible in year one of "rebuilding". Picking up Pau might signal that the team may want to keep him after this season knowing we won't get past OKC. Our training staff could get the best of him before he's completely done and he could mentor Len and Plumlee. If we only give up Okafor's contract and the Indy first round, or less I could live with that deal.
And yes, the game slows down in the postseason but with Bledsoe back the Sun's could run a halfcourt offense and have shown that they can make defensive stops at the right times, and considering every team currently in the West playoffs excluding Memphis and SA run a similar style offense, I don't see how this offense and tempo could be a problem.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns are just fine as is. Beating multiple Western Conference playoff teams in controlling fashion is enough for me. Not to mention we are currently in the middle of a 5 game win streak and 8-2 in our last 10 without a 18 ppg scorer in Eric Bledsoe...

Enjoy your tradition of 2nd round playoff exits.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy your tradition of 2nd round playoff exits.

Chuck_Norris_salute.gif

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Len is fully developed he could be a solid low post player in the long run, this team is playing for the future so I don't see any deals actually happening. Knowing the great moves our new GM has made and that we have a real coach unlike the Dantoni days, I believe we will be legit contenders in a year or two.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right. Trade away a draft pick for a 33 year old that we wouldn't re-sign just so we can lose a playoffs series 4-3 instead of 4-2. Sounds wonderful.

If Pau was the missing link to make us a title contender, then I'd be all over it. But he's not.

Why wouldn't you re-sign him if he plays well? You can get a couple of seasons out of him at a reduced rate (no one is giving him anything close to a max deal). You get one of the most skilled bigs in the league and someone that your young guys like Len and Plumlee can learn from.

Plus, with the right moves, the Suns could be contenders over the next couple of seasons with what Pau brings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real, the Suns are likely a first round exit which isn't terrible in year one of "rebuilding". Picking up Pau might signal that the team may want to keep him after this season knowing we won't get past OKC. Our training staff could get the best of him before he's completely done and he could mentor Len and Plumlee. If we only give up Okafor's contract and the Indy first round, or less I could live with that deal.
And yes, the game slows down in the postseason but with Bledsoe back the Sun's could run a halfcourt offense and have shown that they can make defensive stops at the right times, and considering every team currently in the West playoffs excluding Memphis and SA run a similar style offense, I don't see how this offense and tempo could be a problem.

:agree: Finally, a Suns fan who gets it. My entire family are Suns fans (except me). Clearly, you are not a relative of mine though because my family all sound like Sting and DBacks!!:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Okafur according to ESPN hasn't even played this season. What's up with that?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you Phoenix Suns fans believe Gasol would sign and stay in a hole like Phoenix anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you Phoenix Suns fans believe Gasol would sign and stay in a hole like Phoenix anywa?

I don't know, he's spent his career in two gang ridden cities, I don't see the problem with Phoenix.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Len is fully developed he could be a solid low post player in the long run, this team is playing for the future so I don't see any deals actually happening. Knowing the great moves our new GM has made and that we have a real coach unlike the Dantoni days, I believe we will be legit contenders in a year or two.

Uh, you do realize that D'Antoni was one of the most successful coaches in the history of your franchise, right?

And just so you know that I understand the history of your franchise. I started attending Suns games when they played at "The Madhouse on McDowell" and Dick Van Arsdale was your star guard. Even went to his basketball camp in Prescott 2 years in a row.

My family tried really, really hard to make a Suns fan out of me!!:lol:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you Phoenix Suns fans believe Gasol would sign and stay in a hole like Phoenix anyway?

LMAO.. LA and Phoenix are identical. Take away the beach and the they are mirror images. Perhaps LA has more gang ridden neighborhoods but who knows?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one want's Gasol anyways... He can go back to the llama farm in rural Spain for all I care.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, you do realize that D'Antoni was one of the most successful coaches in the history of your franchise, right?

And just so you know that I understand the history of your franchise. I started attending Suns games when they played at "The Madhouse on McDowell" and Dick Van Arsdale was your star guard. Even went to his basketball camp in Prescott 2 years in a row.

My family tried really, really hard to make a Suns fan out of me!!:lol:

Dantoni should have won multiple titles with all the talent he had, he never pushed his players hard enough and never encouraged defense. His work in LA confirms that if anything. I bet a coach like Hornacek could get a lot more out of the Lakers than he has.