• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUNDAY IS HERE-WEEK 8

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boswell was told to run a play and was trying to make a play.

He was put in that position because of TWO awful play calls:

1. Running on 3rd and 17 near the end zone.
2. The fake field goal

I will say it again: If Boswell throws to the TE (#88 Freiermuth) that was open at the beginning of the play, he doesn't put himself in position to get hurt. Boswell made the wrong decision. At the end of the play, the defender gets two steps in before delivering a blow, all of which were after the ball was gone.

Edited: Video removed from YT. Too bad, was a great angle.

1. Obvious passing situation. Why not run the ball? D is putting in nickel package, spread offense, no show of a blitz. Keep it on the ground and protect the ball. The least you get is better position to kick the FG, right?

2. You are in a dog fight. Why not play aggressive? We were driving the ball well before and D was playing well. Take a shot for a TD.

There was nothing wrong with the play calling and Boswell made a bad decision.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it again: If Boswell throws to the TE (#88 Freiermuth) that was open at the beginning of the play, he doesn't put himself in position to get hurt. Boswell made the wrong decision. At the end of the play, the defender gets two steps in before delivering a blow, all of which were after the ball was gone.

1. Obvious passing situation. Why not run the ball? D is putting in nickel package, spread offense, no show of a blitz. Keep it on the ground and protect the ball. The least you get is better position to kick the FG, right?

2. You are in a dog fight. Why not play aggressive? We were driving the ball well before and D was playing well. Take a shot for a TD.

Was just going to post something like this as I just saw the play and was like, wtf... Dude was wide open

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is so bad.

Man I pray Hill is recovered from his concussion for next week

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can claim he won a wager no matter which team wins
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edited: Video removed from YT. Too bad, was a great angle.

Freiermuth was covered and Boswell is NOT a QB so he wouldn't know the read. It is 100% on the coaching for putting him in that position.

For your point number 1. Yes if you read what I said if you are taking the safe approach you don't gamble with your Kicker when easy points on the board.

For point #2 they were getting the ball to start the second half. In a close game you take the points and not having those points could have been costly if the Landry didn't drop all those passes.

There is everything wrong with that play call, nothing made sense to gamble in that situation.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints Defense acting like they are for real!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence loves to throw at Shenault's feet, and Shenault loves not catching it.
...and repeat...and repeat...and repeat....

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Freiermuth was covered and Boswell is NOT a QB so he wouldn't know the read.

For your point number 1. Yes if you read what I said if you are taking the safe approach you don't gamble with your Kicker when easy points on the board.

For point #2 they were getting the ball to start the second half. In a close game you take the points and not having those points could have been costly if the Landry didn't drop all those passes.

There is everything wrong with that play call, nothing made sense to gamble in that situation.

This play has been practiced. So yes, Boswell should have known how to read the play. If Boswell leads the TE running an out pattern, he is wide open to catch and turn upfield. At the least, the TE gets the first down. You and I could have thrown that pass. Well, I could have. Sounds like you'd be too scared to.

If the Steelers score a touchdown before half, get the ball to start the second half and score, that's 14 points. I'd gamble for that against the browns.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh late in the game when down is a different story but the first half and early in the second half there was no reason not to. The Steelers proved themselves to struggle against the run and this game lined up perfectly for the Browns running attack.
Except they did well against the run most of the game as they sold out for the pass....might have worked if our well paid WRs/TEs could catch the ball.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see this win coming… wouldn’t have bet a penny on it. But I’m still not going to be fooled into feeling confident. Steelers have a decent chance at being competitive but I just don’t see this roster pushing hard in December/January yet. Both sides of the ball have been too inconsistent.

Browns are underachieving and struggling to stay healthy, but they have the roster to push harder down the stretch.

Good luck until we see you guys again in the new year! @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh
Nope…won’t be fooled again
Wont Get Fooled Again GIF by The Who

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This play has been practiced. So yes, Boswell should have known how to read the play. If Boswell leads the TE running an out pattern, he is wide open to catch and turn upfield. At the least, the TE gets the first down. You and I could have thrown that pass. Well, I could have. Sounds like you'd be too scared to.

If the Steelers score a touchdown before half, get the ball to start the second half and score, that's 14 points. I'd gamble for that against the browns.
Lol scared to.

Just remember they didn’t score the TD so it didn’t work and in a defensive battle you take the points.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete waste of a challenge by BB there. Clearly NO hold in the end zone. WTF was he thinking??!