• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sunday WEEK 7 1PM

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a part of football that’ll make you lose against good teams. I don’t think many Dolphins fans were thinking they were going to win that one, but no real cause for concern going forward.
The Eagles came into the game missing both of their starting safeties, their starting slot corner, and their back up slot corner. Injuries are just an excuse.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles came into the game missing both of their starting safeties, their starting slot corner, and their back up slot corner. Injuries are just an excuse.
Again, Dolphins fans weren’t thinking they were going to win that game. Our starting very good center got replaced by maybe the worst starting OLman in the NFL. Then the staring LG leaves. And the backup LT has still been playing. People think Miami somehow got exposed but everyone kinda knew when you have to play crappy reserve OLmen, especially against the Eagles interior DL, it’s just not going to happen. Miami shouldn’t be that worried as long as these guys come back. X Howard will be back soon hopefully, then Achane and finally Jalen Ramsey, as long as we make the playoffs, things should be ok.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm just finding out now, but according to my Strength and Conditioning source, there was a mixup with the officials.
They used up all their bad calls in Games 3 and 4 of the Phillies series, so there was nothing left for the Eagles game.

It happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Dolphins fans weren’t thinking they were going to win that game. Our starting very good center got replaced by maybe the worst starting OLman in the NFL. Then the staring LG leaves. And the backup LT has still been playing. People think Miami somehow got exposed but everyone kinda knew when you have to play crappy reserve OLmen, especially against the Eagles interior DL, it’s just not going to happen. Miami shouldn’t be that worried as long as these guys come back. X Howard will be back soon hopefully, then Achane and finally Jalen Ramsey, as long as we make the playoffs, things should be ok.
The Browns were missing their starting QB, starting RB, their two best OL (one that hasn't missed a game in 7 years) against the Niners and won.

Injuries happen to every team, every year. The team that figures out how to win without those players is a better team. That being said, the Dolphins won't face many good opponents on their schedule this year which could hurt them bc when they do face a good team they seem to not only lose but they get dominated. A healthy squad is great but it won't win games for them...they have clear weaknesses and I'm sure McDaniel knows this.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK man, it would be hard for most OL's to stay 100% healthy for the same reason pitching rotations in baseball don't stay healthy. It's hard on the body and you got 5 dudes you need to keep in tip top shape, relatively. Bottom line, the games count.

Trust me, I would have loved a shot at the Bucs in 2020 with their star tackles intact in the SB... Didn't happen. Just got to eat shit for now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK man, it would be hard for most OL's to stay 100% healthy for the same reason pitching rotations in baseball don't stay healthy. It's hard on the body and you got 5 dudes you need to keep in tip top shape, relatively. Bottom line, the games count.

Trust me, I would have loved a shot at the Bucs in 2020 with their star tackles intact in the SB... Didn't happen. Just got to eat shit for now.
Eagles played last night with the back up RG and a RT playing at about 75/80% on a bad ankle.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns were missing their starting QB, starting RB, their two best OL (one that hasn't missed a game in 7 years) against the Niners and won.

Injuries happen to every team, every year. The team that figures out how to win without those players is a better team. That being said, the Dolphins won't face many good opponents on their schedule this year which could hurt them bc when they do face a good team they seem to not only lose but they get dominated. A healthy squad is great but it won't win games for them...they have clear weaknesses and I'm sure McDaniel knows this.
Browns have a starting QB?

(I actually feel kinda bad for Browns fans, btw)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could my team borrow your QB for the rest of the season?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No reason to feel sorry, we feel sorry for ourselves. That's enough. Enjoy having a franchise QB for the next 10+ years. I haven't seen one....well ever

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of upsets this week. NYG over Washington, Ravens over Lions, Pats over Bills, Bears over Raiders, Denver over GB, etc. It was upset Sunday!

Bears win with a Division II rookie at QB. That is astounding. I saw a stat that said the Bears are 5-4 since 2021 when Justin Fields doesn't start and 5-26 when he does

The Raiders have too much talent to be this bad, right...right? It's not like they looked much better with Jimmy at QB.

Colts uniforms = hideous. When I kept glancing at the TV, I kept wondering which team was wearing those ugly, almost unidentifiable uniforms.

Rams lost by 7. It's just a coincidence that their kicker missed 2 FGs and 1 PAT. Which would be the 7 points they lost by.

Falcons are on top of their division despite their Qb play. 3 picks last week and 3 redzone fumbles this week. That's impressive in a way.

Commies lose to the hapless Giants. Washington gave up 5 sacks in the first half and are on pace to smash the old David Carr record for sacks allowed. Rivera and his staff are dead men walking. Might as well go ahead and pack up b/c they're gone at the end of the year.

How did the Bills lose to the Pats? I get that the Bills were without 3 or 4 defensive starters, but they made Mac Jones look effective and efficient for the first time all season.

Browns have been getting all the calls lately. Happened last week too. Still, speaking of winning despite the QB--wth is going on with Watson In Cleveland? Is he injured or not? It doesn't seem like he really wants to play.

Will the Niners lay an egg in Minnesota like they did last week in Cleveland?