• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh lovers slap players dead in the face and bow to Rams DT

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep thinking you guys are joking but I youre not. Are there really fans that really credit 1 player from a team of 52 for all the success and blame the others for bad things? Thats a head scratcher. I've never seen this before.

I cant wait to see what happens to Miami. I bet they end up third in the division or something, even if the defense is good. Suh will have to do even more there than he did in Detroit. Lol

I sure as shit dont credit suh for the offense and special teams, but I do credit him for why the lions defense went from garbage to amazing. I guess only time will tell. Im sure you will blame it on switching to a 3-4 next year as the reason for the drop off in production though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand its a team effort gandy but some players are mvps and can make everyone around them better like suh and others are role players. Lions d will be middle of the pack with suh departing.
Sooo... you're saying Suh, all by himself, is worth at least 10 spots in defensive rankings? Seems just a wee bit homerish to me...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its mindboggling how some of you lions fans seem ok with losing one of the best defensive players his city will ever see. Isnt the whole point of the draft to land a player as impressive as suh so he will play there and stay here? The draft is a crapshoot every year, there are no guarantees. Teams draft in hopes they win the lottery with a player like suh and the lions fucking did. They won the fucking lottery and they just shredded the ticket. This will go down as one of the worst moves in lions history.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as shit dont credit suh for the offense and special teams, but I do credit him for why the lions defense went from garbage to amazing. I guess only time will tell. Im sure you will blame it on switching to a 3-4 next year as the reason for the drop off in production though.
Why did it conveniently take him until exactly when Austin arrived to do so? Was he just half-assing it the first 4 years, then?

Suh is a great DT, but he's not the best defensive player to ever wear a set of cleats... (I mean, shit, he's not even the best defensive player in the league at the moment)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did it conveniently take him until exactly when Austin arrived to do so? Was he just half-assing it the first 4 years, then?

Suh is a great DT, but he's not the best defensive player to ever wear a set of cleats... (I mean, shit, he's not even the best defensive player in the league at the moment)

Suh leads all DTs in sacks, tackles, hurries and knock downs since 2010. Stop ignoring this and saying stupid shit like was he half-adding it the first 4 years.

MAYHEW half asses everything. Took him 4 years to find a DC who was with the times and knew how to run a defense.

Suh had always been awesome. He was the only guy doing anything on D for a long time.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh leads all DTs in sacks, tackles, hurries and knock downs since 2010. Stop ignoring this and saying stupid shit like was he half-adding it the first 4 years.

MAYHEW half asses everything. Took him 4 years to find a DC who was with the times and knew how to run a defense.

Suh had always been awesome. He was the only guy doing anything on D for a long time.
Then where are all these wins he supposedly brings to the table? If he's worth 4 to 8 wins a year he must have been taking off whole stretches of games prior to this season...

Suh is awesome, no argument there, but some of you are stretching his greatness way too far, imo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then where are all these wins he supposedly brings to the table? If he's worth 4 to 8 wins a year he must have been taking off whole stretches of games prior to this season...

Suh is awesome, no argument there, but some of you are stretching his greatness way too far, imo.

That's your opinion I'm fine w it.

The wins he was supposed to bring are there. They'll leave with him. He made everyone of that D better. He made an otherwise 1 win team a 4 win team, an otherwise 3 win team a 7 win team and last year without Suh they prob win 5-6 games. That's my opinion .

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will ask how did a Schwartz run Suhless defense do last year in Buffalo? I say Schwartz not Gunny Cunny because he didn't run a wide nine previously. He ran what Jim wanted in Detroit.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its mindboggling how some of you lions fans seem ok with losing one of the best defensive players his city will ever see. Isnt the whole point of the draft to land a player as impressive as suh so he will play there and stay here? The draft is a crapshoot every year, there are no guarantees. Teams draft in hopes they win the lottery with a player like suh and the lions fucking did. They won the fucking lottery and they just shredded the ticket. This will go down as one of the worst moves in lions history.

Well...it has a different affect on different people. I think most of you are exaggerating how good the guy is, acting as if no team could ever survive without Suh. Its an unfortunate loss but you cant just sit there and say Detroit will never have another player as good as him. Hell...imo...Megatron is still better than him but thats just me.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit defensive line coach Kris Kocurek was impressed with Texas DT Malcom Brown's pro day workout.

"The impressive part of this deal is he was able to rapid fire through in a short period of time and then finished strong at the end," Kocurek said. "Impressive workout." The 6-foot-2, 320-pounder grew up idolizing All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, and now he may get the opportunity to replace him. "Consistency," Kocurek said when asked what had stood out on film. "He put together a really consistent year this year from start to finish. That’s what you like to see when you’re evaluating. You like to see the consistency week after week. He put together a really consistent year. You can tell he’s a hard worker."

Source: Dallas Morning News

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit defensive line coach Kris Kocurek was impressed with Texas DT Malcom Brown's pro day workout.

"The impressive part of this deal is he was able to rapid fire through in a short period of time and then finished strong at the end," Kocurek said. "Impressive workout." The 6-foot-2, 320-pounder grew up idolizing All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, and now he may get the opportunity to replace him. "Consistency," Kocurek said when asked what had stood out on film. "He put together a really consistent year this year from start to finish. That’s what you like to see when you’re evaluating. You like to see the consistency week after week. He put together a really consistent year. You can tell he’s a hard worker."

Source: Dallas Morning News

More than a little torn on selecting him. He would be well worth it given our needs at the position. But that probably means that Rob Sims returns to the o-line to continue sucking balls.

I think we need to get that o-line fixed if we are going to be successful in running the ball, which is what Caldwell wants.

We have so many gaping holes right now we simply can't fix them all. I am not even close to optimistic about the upcoming season.

If they select a guy like Brown in the 1st then a guy like Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann, both of whom we would probably have to move up for, pretty much has to be the second rd pick. No idea where you get a RB, no idea where you get a CB?

Fuck it, we suck.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, we suck.

6878791945_9a0e492605_z.jpg

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they select a guy like Brown in the 1st then a guy like Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann, both of whom we would probably have to move up for, pretty much has to be the second rd pick.

Tex DT Brown is my 1 guy I'd really want over any other at #23. Running a close 2nd would be LSU La'el Collins.

JMO only, I don't have any FAITH that either will be available.

Gandy has his eyes on someone who just might be able to solve that LG issue though. got to ask him though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many gaping holes right now we simply can't fix them all

This is exactly how I view it also. DTx1 (at least, if not two), starting caliber LG, a CB or two, 1 of which who needs some reps to take over for Mathis in a year or two and possibly the other for the nickel, RBx1, OTx1 (should Waddle's injury delay his return)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tex DT Brown is my 1 guy I'd really want over any other at #23. Running a close 2nd would be LSU La'el Collins.

Gandy has his eyes on someone who just might be able to solve that LG issue though. got to ask him though.

I love me some Ali Marpet. One, I'm not sure he is there as a late 3rd.

Two, of the four holes, which ones are top priority. I have been wanting CB for years. With Slay and Mathis manning the outside and guys with decent but not great talent for the nickel... I put it 4th. At DT you can say roll with Ngata/Walker/Reid/Jones(if you movedJones inside all season) not happy with that look so I want DT first if right guy is there. Same for OL. You can almost get sure fire starter in 1st. Now, the fact we need a LG/C. You can get that in 2nd or 3rd round with starters there.
Their other need is RB. I have heard horse and cart debate on many things here. Either way works if they are the guys you wanted. As long as you feel your OL is there in second round.

Many ways to to get those top three guys. My wishes are DT/OL in first and second round either way, but those two positions first. RB 3rd and CB 4th if you can pull off a trade up or back somewhere. As I feel Kevin White will be a very good nickel guy and may be there early fourth. So gotta make a move for him.

My third point on this is my scary part. Mathew has never went back in the draft, unless in later rounds. So getting a 4th early will mean giving up something. As IMO he will not move back to get a extra second or third. Never know he may surprise me. He does a lot of things that surprise me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im going nuts if we draft a DT before the 6th.

Can't pay the best one, but you can trade a 4th, 5th, use a first and pay an old one Ten Mil all just to replace him!?! Screw that.

(Im going with Walker was brought in to replace Mosley. Fairley didn't play anyway.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ the above statements are how I would draft a team if I was a professional GM. Would it be right? Hell NO, at least not on the SportsHoopla.

This is why I can not bash LionsTop1. Don't always agree with his GM skills. At least he puts opinions out there for scutiny. Which is a lot more than others will even try.( to scared to be criticized) Easier picking apart others and telling some are ignorant or stupid for thinking anything will work and they are dead wrong.
So I will challenge all the "sky is fallen" members to give solutions instead of insults. Don't be afraid, get some balls and man up.