• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh lovers slap players dead in the face and bow to Rams DT

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going nuts if we draft a DT before the 6th.

Can't pay the best one, but you can trade a 4th, 5th, use a first and pay an old one Ten Mil all just to replace him!?! Screw that.

(Im going with Walker was brought in to replace Mosley. Fairley didn't play anyway.)

Prepare for a jacket then. Even Mayhew can see there is a need at DT. Now it depends on who you draft. Get a Donald at a ten spot and a Fairley at the 13th spot. Two different talents three spots apart.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't pay the best one, but you can trade a 4th, 5th, use a first and pay an old one Ten Mil all just to replace him!?! Screw that.

(Im going with Walker was brought in to replace Mosley. Fairley didn't play anyway.)

There's no telling at the moment if Ngata stays or goes or has some insane injury that pops up just like Fairley did. 1st round DT at #23 is a lot cheaper in new cba era than before. They had five DT's on the roster last year and I have no clue how many will be there this year.

Smitty, I just don't see any feasibility trying to keep three huge contract players. That's just me tho. Sure, they could have made it work financially but wouldn't that continue kicking the can down the road constantly. IDK.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start padding the walls of the wagon.

Ill prepare, but that kind of expense at one position cannot be justified. It just can't. Money is money. But were tallinbough half a damn draft and the most expensive player we have on defense. To replace one guy. That's absolutely bonkers.

Shoulda just fuckin paid Suh and had the ability to draft other players at other positions. Like Miami did.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no telling at the moment if Ngata stays or goes or has some insane injury that pops up just like Fairley did. 1st round DT at #23 is a lot cheaper in new cba era than before. They had five DT's on the roster last year and I have no clue how many will be there this year.

Smitty, I just don't see any feasibility trying to keep three huge contract players. That's just me tho. Sure, they could have made it work financially but wouldn't that continue kicking the can down the road constantly. IDK.
Forget the money for a second, please. (Not asking you to join me on a trip to Imaginary Land, just no financial focus for the moment.)

Three of our Top 5picks to replace one guy. Which would mean we don't improve anywhere. Unless a 2nd and 3rd are used at RB and G/C. (I dont see a 6th or 7th rounder being an improvement over anyone at RT, nickel or Digs, this year. Or even Bell really, maybe though.)

The franchise let two first round DTs walk, the first chance they had. In the same offseason. I can't support a third use on that position by Mayhew in the First round. Can't do it. 3 out of 6 First Rounders being from one position, a position the franchise decided wasnt worth spending on, just seems like something Mayhew would do. That asshole.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I can not bash LionsTop1. Don't always agree with his GM skills. At least he puts opinions out there for scutiny. Which is a lot more than others will even try.( to scared to be criticized) Easier picking apart others and telling some are ignorant or stupid for thinking anything will work and they are dead wrong.
So I will challenge all the "sky is fallen" members to give solutions instead of insults. Don't be afraid, get some balls and man up.

Oh sure. Rusty made this mess and now you want me to clean it up. Screw that. I'm union.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not say a 6th or 7th RT can not be a improvement. The mere fact that two UDFAs are his competitors.
I would much rather roll with Lucas until Waddle is healthy, if not I will say (((gulp)))) is s Williams ready??

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not say a 6th or 7th RT can not be a improvement. The mere fact that two UDFAs are his competitors.
I would much rather roll with Lucas until Waddle is healthy, if not I will say (((gulp)))) is s Williams ready??
Williams is kind of the forgotten man in the tackle mix, but I've read a lot of positive things about his development. Apparently he's taken to the switch very well...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, I don't look at the situation in the same format as you do then.

Even if the Lions had retained Suh + having Reid on the roster, letting Fairley walk, Tyrunn Walker comes aboard, I think it would be safe to say that should a DT,Brown or Goldman is there, somehow, someway, and he passes the scouts and Mayhew's evaluation plus Austin sees as a fit scheme wise and all other aspects and is BPA, I would venture to say that would be the 1st rd draft pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is kind of the forgotten man in the tackle mix, but I've read a lot of positive things about his development

I read a lot about OG Austin's improvement. I haven't seen anything from him to date outside of pre-season. Mayhew and Schwartz both made quite a few positive comments.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of our Top 5picks to replace one guy

I would take a guess that this isn't the first time in the history of the NFL that something similar occurred elsewhere for another team.

I do comprehend what your statement is regarding and I feel your angst.

Fairley wasn't worthy of keeping, IMHO, as he had 4 years of playing next to Suh to learn and grow and become the player that many thought he could or should have been. It didn't work out for him or the organization.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, I don't look at the situation in the same format as you do then.

Even if the Lions had retained Suh + having Reid on the roster, letting Fairley walk, Tyrunn Walker comes aboard, I think it would be safe to say that should a DT,Brown or Goldman is there, somehow, someway, and he passes the scouts and Mayhew's evaluation plus Austin sees as a fit scheme wise and all other aspects and is BPA, I would venture to say that would be the 1st rd draft pick.

I look at that Mayhew treats 1st round DTs like bigScreen TVs from RentACenter.

Just because you keep getting new ones doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start padding the walls of the wagon.

Ill prepare, but that kind of expense at one position cannot be justified. It just can't. Money is money. But were tallinbough half a damn draft and the most expensive player we have on defense. To replace one guy. That's absolutely bonkers.

Shoulda just fuckin paid Suh and had the ability to draft other players at other positions. Like Miami did.

We are replacing 3 guys, not 1. Suh, Fairly and Mosely. It makes sense we will need 1 more quality DT. You should be happy, its the one position we draft pretty well at.:thumb:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just replacing 1 player only with that 4th, 5th and possible 1st rd pick on a DT. That would be 3 picks used for two starting DT spots, assuming the 1st round pick this year earns the other starting DT. Yep, that 4th and 5th rounder was used to secure a proven starting caliber DT as 1 of the DT's.

Are you absolutely positive that Walker or even Reid can be the other starting DT or will they both be looked at for the moment as at least rotational DT's

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley walking is fine by me. I also would have been fine if he stayed. Lots of talent, not as much, as Millen would say, motor. But I do think we were better defensively with him than without him last year.

Not interested in finding out how I feel when another 1st DT walks when his rookie contract expires.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you keep getting new ones doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Keeping Suh would have consequences also. Financial ones down the road which would have hindered the probability of trying to retain guys like Reiff, Ansah, Slay, Warford and others. but that's simply my opinion and no one else.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are replacing 3 guys, not 1. Suh, Fairly and Mosely. It makes sense we will need 1 more quality DT. You should be happy, its the one position we draft pretty well at.:thumb:
Fairley didn't play after the ATL game. Mosely already replaced him. After he got back from Caldwell not laying down the law.

PSquad guys don't get replaced either. Someone else just occupies space. Like Fairley on the roster for half a season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Suh would have consequences also. Financial ones down the road which would have hindered the probability of trying to retain guys like Reiff, Ansah, Slay, Warford and others. but that's simply my opinion and no one else.
Cutting CJs giant deal in two would have solved most of those. Instead well be paying two receivers 30 some mil in 2016 and 2017. Cool for Staffs yardage totals.