• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh lovers slap players dead in the face and bow to Rams DT

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in finding out how I feel when another 1st DT walks when his rookie contract expires.

If they do draft another DT this year, he sure as hell isn't going to be getting or more than likely demanding to be the highest paid defensive player currently in the NFL either. Totally different sitch IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do draft another DT this year, he sure as hell isn't going to be getting or more than likely demanding to be the highest paid defensive player currently in the NFL either. Totally different sitch IMO.

All 3 combined wont cost as much as Suh. Probably not ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to be the same quality of player either. Can't chase talent like Suh once he's gone.

It's a step down in talent no matter the route you take to fill the void. Do it with Walkers and 7th rounders. IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting CJs giant deal in two would have solved most of those

I totally agree with you here on this. And guess what would happen if that occurred. There be a whole other group of posters bitching constantly because their 1 player would be gone.

We can't win any arguments/discussions with Suh being gone and the same shit fest would come right back with CJ being gone.

My ass isn't tied to either player (Suh or CJ) nor any one player on the roster. there are players are like a lot and want them to stay here, SUH IS/WAS 1 of them, but I'm just not going to let it ruin my life.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions might try to ruin my life...... But they can't. They even lose in that game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not going to be the same quality of player either. Can't chase talent like Suh once he's gone.

Well then, I'll just go all Swarm on you for a minute.

You cannot prove that statement yet as I think we'd have to let that sitch play out for 3-4 years. It's your opinion solely that the next DT that Mayhew drafts won't be the same quality of player.

I'll counter that with saying, " I think of all the DT's in this years class, which btw IMO suck as a whole, Malcom Brown could possibly become that type of player", to which is nothing other than an opinion solely retained by me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions might try to ruin my life

The Lions aren't trying to ruin any fans life with any thing that they do.
"can't please everyone, so, you got to please yourself ".

Fans allow themselves to ruin their own life by actions of others that are totally out of their control. JMO tho.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean to tell me that all of this could have been avoided?!?!?!

I've been trying to ruin my life for 50 years now. Kind of part of the reason I became a Lions fan.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant get my Lee Corso pic to load!

:corso: That one ?

or this one
6a00e553e551d188340133f58557fc970b-250wi

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I wasn't able to participate in this debate throughout the day(have to wait until I get home to catch up due to an unpaid phone bill) as it would have likely occupied the majority of my time.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a little torn on selecting him. He would be well worth it given our needs at the position. But that probably means that Rob Sims returns to the o-line to continue sucking balls.

I think we need to get that o-line fixed if we are going to be successful in running the ball, which is what Caldwell wants.

We have so many gaping holes right now we simply can't fix them all. I am not even close to optimistic about the upcoming season.

If they select a guy like Brown in the 1st then a guy like Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann, both of whom we would probably have to move up for, pretty much has to be the second rd pick. No idea where you get a RB, no idea where you get a CB?

Fuck it, we suck.

Come on. It's not like Sims is as bad as Backus. :charlie:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, I don't look at the situation in the same format as you do then.

Even if the Lions had retained Suh + having Reid on the roster, letting Fairley walk, Tyrunn Walker comes aboard, I think it would be safe to say that should a DT,Brown or Goldman is there, somehow, someway, and he passes the scouts and Mayhew's evaluation plus Austin sees as a fit scheme wise and all other aspects and is BPA, I would venture to say that would be the 1st rd draft pick.

MM evaluation:
2 Arms? Check
2 Legs? Check
Head? Check
Toes and fingers all there? Check

MM: Looks like a solid first rounder to me

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Mayhew, sounds like he knows he fucked up, and if he had the chance to do it again he'd tag Suh. Of course this is JMO and I'm reading between the lines.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Mayhew, sounds like he knows he fucked up, and if he had the chance to do it again he'd tag Suh. Of course this is JMO and I'm reading between the lines.

Very few people consider not tagging Suh a fuckup.