• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUGAR BOWL: #5 Georgia vs #7 Baylor; 8:45pm EST ESPN

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...That hit didn't look late enough to warrant a flag imo. Close but...

When it happens on the team's sideline, they kind of bait the ref into throwing it...and as we can see, the refs have been kind of weak this season

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer is a tough kid, but he may want to consider wrapping it up. He is getting too many concussions this season. OU had TE1 Calcaterra retire from football for that reason this year. Not worth it.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought late hit was right call initially but not so much after replay

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer's heel was only just on the white, really not that late at all.

That's concussion #4 for him now - dangerous situation.

Gotta believe he may be at or near the end TBH. Cant play with those things

Brewer is a tough kid, but he may want to consider wrapping it up. He is getting too many concussions this season. OU had TE1 Calcaterra retire from football for that reason this year. Not worth it.

Just too many concussions. Crazy that announcers saying they had asked Brewer if worriedafter gotten 3rd and he had said no. Also saying he had to be in a dark room for a week after last time. I would be worried if I were him. Just not worth the risk of damage it’s doing

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too many concussions. Crazy that announcers saying they had asked Brewer if worriedafter gotten 3rd and he had said no. Also saying he had to be in a dark room for a week after last time. I would be worried if I were him. Just not worth the risk of damage it’s doing
Absolutely, we are just scratching the surface on long term damage when it comes to head injuries and I don't believe that we will ever get the whole truth out of these leagues until its forced out.
Def not worth the risk if these kids are having trouble staying healthy already at that age.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, we are just scratching the surface on long term damage when it comes to head injuries and I don't believe that we will ever get the whole truth out of these leagues until its forced out.
Def not worth the risk if these kids are having trouble staying healthy already at that age.

Right, but we have idiots on here whining about targeting hits all the time and saying stupid things like they're ruining this game and pussifying it... I won't even point out the stupidity of the ElTexan thread

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....Baylor tried to make a game of it...just didn't have the horses to get it done...good game

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but we have idiots on here whining about targeting hits all the time and saying stupid things like they're ruining this game and pussifying it... I won't even point out the stupidity of the ElTexan thread
They are doing that too, the targeting rules are too inconsistent.
Hey its a contact sport and people get hurt. What I'm saying is if you are one of those players that is having head injury issues then play something else, not everyone has those problems as far as we know.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give Matt Rhule props. He has turned BU around. Didn't have enough to beat UGA, but they will be around awhile I feel.

And congrats to UGA. Even with all the guys sitting out, they showed up and dominated.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are doing that too, the targeting rules are too inconsistent.
Hey its a contact sport and people get hurt. What I'm saying is if you are one of those players that is having head injury issues then play something else, not everyone has those problems as far as we know.

Leading with the head is a problem and it needs to be penalized. I realize that it's inconsistent, but at least it's a start to get it out of the sport. I'm sure the NFL and CFB have the actual data, but they fill their coffers with money because of the sport which is a collision sport, not a contact sport, and is dangerous. I really do love the game, but I wish there was a way to take those helmet to helmet hits out of the game, especially the intentional ones.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give Matt Rhule props. He has turned BU around. Didn't have enough to beat UGA, but they will be around awhile I feel.

And congrats to UGA. Even with all the guys sitting out, they showed up and dominated.
The backups for the most part did great IMO. The new tackles had a couple missed assignments that lead to sacks, but one of them has been an interior lineman and the other has barely played anywhere, so that was to be expected.

I think Cine did a great job filling in for JR Reed, who will play safety at the next level

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just a meaningless bowl game, but I’m glad the team that was active decided to show up.

Given our predicament on offense this season, 12 wins is really good.

Hopefully next season we’ll have more receiving options and in turn let the run game open back up.

I think we have something special in George Pickens at receiver, but he can’t be the only target.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought late hit was right call initially but not so much after replay
Probably wasn’t late enough to warrant a flag, but it was an unnecessary hit. He was clearly going out of bounds. Kids a beast, but Trayvon Walker is a true freshman, so things like that happen.

I hate it for Brewer though. That many concussions at such a young age isn’t good.